#42 Verious

Verious
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

Yeah I dont agree with whispering random people to see if they want to do arena etc... as I get tons of whispers from rogues asking if I want to do arena with them. I think the best way is just to join a PvP guild, go out side org/sw and dual people. or just advertise in trade.

#43 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

I think the best way is just to join a PvP guild

Many servers don't have this option, but it is definitely a viable one for aiding in your search. Luckily your server is blessed with Wuß and Luß :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#44 Verious

Verious
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

Many servers don't have this option, but it is definitely a viable one for aiding in your search. Luckily your server is blessed with Wuß and Luß :)

That is very true. I made my own PvP Guild on Outland and it was going very very well, ganking/premades and arena tournaments once a week for players to earn some gold. But recently I went on holiday for about 4 weeks and its gone down hill, but im back and willing to bring the guild back to what it was.

Anyway good luck!

#45 Soulw1nd

Soulw1nd
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

giving +100500 for Dueling part.

i found my 3s partners that way - just dueled random priest outside Ogri and then asked him to play 10 games just for points, cuz i was teamless that time. We played like 100+ games that night and got lots of fun.

Then comes nice thing like knowing many PVPer on your server (even if there are VERY few). Its like "i know a guys who know a guy who wants to try his alt at 3s". If good people cant help you directly, i am sure they will bring your name on if someones looking for partner. Thats how i got my partners and first PVP weapons ever.

In my opinion trade chat is the worst place for looking. Even arenajunkies recruit page or WoW pvp forums are waaaay better, cuz people go there are interested in PVP and also looking for partners. Trade chat cant provide that and you have to test them anyway by doing skirmishes or long chit-chat.

Anyways, good luck for all the new PVPers.

#46 Yomirizer

Yomirizer
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

Nice guide. But what about a section on people not wanting your spec? This is my problem trying to arena as a paladin.

#47 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:27 AM

Nice guide. But what about a section on people not wanting your spec? This is my problem trying to arena as a paladin.

Let me guess, you're a Ret but everyone wants you to play Holy? It's pretty much something you're going to have to go ahead and deal with. If you're flexible it wouldn't be a bad idea to have two sets of gear to swap back and forth between specs, but other than that you'll just have to live with the fact that many people might want you a spec that you don't want you to play. Either conform or tell them to suck it :cool:

If I have some time here in the near future I might actually add a section on this, flexibility between specs allows for more partner options. Thanks for the idea!
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#48 Yomirizer

Yomirizer
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

No they just flat out ignore me.

I dont mind being holy, but my MS is Prot, and my OS is ret which i hybrid for both pve and pvp. So i can dps for my guild when needed.

Maybe i could do arena as holy until I can get wrathful gear then go back to ret. I own in my pve gear but i die quick from no resil.

#49 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Added a little section on being willing to change specs to help find partners.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#50 Trimix

Trimix
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2110

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

nice guide

#51 Drew9795

Drew9795
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Don't get why I didn't check this before I found a partner.. ohwell

#52 Sixtyfifty

Sixtyfifty
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

ebay

#53 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

ebay

This is more than likely not a good way to find arena partners. :P
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#54 Sixtyfifty

Sixtyfifty
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

This is more than likely not a good way to find arena partners. :P

Google then?
You can find anything there :D

#55 Clinique

Clinique
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

Any suggestions to finding some reliable 5s partners? All i seem to do is find a team and do 10 games a week then next week when i want to do some more games thay arent online at the same time, even telling them before hand when to play doesnt work, they just dont show up :(

#56 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

Any suggestions to finding some reliable 5s partners? All i seem to do is find a team and do 10 games a week then next week when i want to do some more games thay arent online at the same time, even telling them before hand when to play doesnt work, they just dont show up :(

Setting up a 5s team can be tedious work. The first thing you have to work around is when everyone is available. You're going to want people that are either on a lot or on at convenient times. The people on my old 5v5 team all played late nights, so I knew what times would work for us. Next, I talked to everyone and we agreed to two nights a week minimum that we would all be available to play. With that information I made calendar invites that people needed to accept. If they accepted and then didn't show up you could hold them accountable for it, and it just helps with keeping everything organized. Someone is going to almost be the "leader" in keeping a 5s together, and makes sure everything stays on track.

Admittedly I got lucky with my most recent 5s that we all play enough and didn't have other WoW commitments that allowed us to pretty much play whenever we wanted to, but if it was a problem I most likely would have implemented the calendar system for this team as well.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#57 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Kelm another thing you could add to help finding partners is using your signature space as a advertisement.

#58 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Kelm another thing you could add to help finding partners is using your signature space as a advertisement.

TBH I had never considered that, it would probably be beneficial for someone who posts frequently. I'll add that at some point soon.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#59 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Added the tidbit about using your signature space as an advertisement.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#60 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

I have 3 80's, so I often have difficulty finding enough of the specific classes I need for various comps. The easiest way I've found is do this: Say, for instance, I needed an enhance shaman. I do /who 80 shaman, and look for any shamans who are in a bg, in wintergrasp, or in an arena. Then I armory them, check to see if they have an enhance pvp spec, check their achievements/statistics, etc. If they're not wearing any pvp gear on armory I'll send them a whisper and ask them. So far I've discovered some real gems this way.

That probably only works on big servers with an actual PVP database though.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<