• Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

3. Get a stack of Coke

What? :confused::confused:

Generally it takes some time, but playing arena with your best friend is probably the best comp you can have in the future. Having your best friend addicted to wow is a nice thing :P

I think I covered playing with your friends in general. Luckily my best friend plays WoW and we do arenas together, but it's not always beneficial if they're a rage-quitter, they suck beyond the point of repair, etc. Do I think playing with friends is something you should avoid? Of course not, we have a lot of fun doing it. You just have to be sure you're going to be able to handle the aftermath of playing with them if it doesn't go well :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#22 Freshest

Freshest
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

And for your next guide: Letting the partner you found in trade down easy when you want a different partner.

#23 imerror

imerror
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

And for your next guide: Letting the partner you found in trade down easy when you want a different partner.

Definitely need this guide.

Hurry up Kelm.

Also:

3. Get a stack of Coke

is the most important part of the process in finding an arena team.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#24 Prriestitute

Prriestitute
  • Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

LOL hi kelm

#25 imerror

imerror
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

LOL hi kelm

LOL hi kobe
Posted Image
Spoiler

#26 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

LOL hi guys, yay for finding arena partners :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#27 Eatspie

Eatspie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

I have 3 80's, so I often have difficulty finding enough of the specific classes I need for various comps. The easiest way I've found is do this: Say, for instance, I needed an enhance shaman. I do /who 80 shaman, and look for any shamans who are in a bg, in wintergrasp, or in an arena. Then I armory them, check to see if they have an enhance pvp spec, check their achievements/statistics, etc. If they're not wearing any pvp gear on armory I'll send them a whisper and ask them. So far I've discovered some real gems this way.

#28 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

I have 3 80's, so I often have difficulty finding enough of the specific classes I need for various comps. The easiest way I've found is do this: Say, for instance, I needed an enhance shaman. I do /who 80 shaman, and look for any shamans who are in a bg, in wintergrasp, or in an arena. Then I armory them, check to see if they have an enhance pvp spec, check their achievements/statistics, etc. If they're not wearing any pvp gear on armory I'll send them a whisper and ask them. So far I've discovered some real gems this way.

The main reason I would disagree with this method is I hate being bothered by random people I don't know when I didn't say I was looking for an arena team. I'm glad you've been lucky with this, but pestering random people that didn't ask to be pestered doesn't seem like an OK approach to me :P
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#29 Rothira

Rothira
  • Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

Whispering 'hey wanna do some arena' isn't really perstering ...

#30 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

Whispering 'hey wanna do some arena' isn't really perstering ...

It's a matter of opinion, some people might find it more annoying than others. It's a viable way to find partners I suppose, I just don't see it as being as effective as what I've outlined. I can make adjustments if there is a significant amount of people that say it's something I should add, but I don't personally feel that way.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#31 Tarrantius

Tarrantius
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Lordaeron
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Its very hard to find Players on GER-Lordaeron who Know whats LOS :D

Dislike the Server.

If u use Tradechat "hi got 300 resilence do some 2n2?"
Posted Image

#32 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Its very hard to find Players on GER-Lordaeron who Know whats LOS :D

Dislike the Server.

If u use Tradechat "hi got 300 resilence do some 2n2?"

on frostmane: hi im a rogue extremely skilled i got 1600 mmr in 2v2

#33 intensanity

intensanity

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

/2 LF TANK AND HEALS FOR 3S PST WITH GS

#34 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

From reading this thread and from my own personal experiance i am totally put of by using the trade channel to look for players now you only ever get offered the dregs of society that nobody want's to play with. Don't get me wrong i am far from a good pvper average ratings around 1900-2000 which in the current day is well below par but atleast i do my homework and try to improve my knowledge as best i can, i ve searched high and low for a 3rd person to play druid/hunter/x with me and my bro and after a few bad try out's we are back to 2v2 while we wait for the next player to try out.

#35 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Trade Chat: Using Trade Chat to find players is probably the fastest way to get your message out to a lot of people very quickly. Especially if you're just starting out, there are most likely other people in the exact same position as you who are interested in starting a team as well. Depending on your server, your success rate can be higher or lower based on how many people PvP on your server. If you're looking for a player in the higher brackets this option may not have as high of a success rate because catching another high-rated player's eye may require more effort than this.

I think this is probably the problem you're having. It also is server dependent, where on low PvP population servers you won't find anyone at your ratings, while on servers like Kel'Thuzad you can find 2600+ players looking for players in Trade Chat. If you're not on a server like that I doubt this will be the option for you, and I would recommend trying out some of the other options.

I'm more than willing to talk to you one-on-one to see if I can help you find a partner too. :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#36 Astralwalker

Astralwalker
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the great read. Good pool of information and well written.
:druid::mage:

#37 JiggaJay

JiggaJay
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Awesome guide. I have found that networking and making friends with all the pvpers on your server is the best way to find partners; whether it be dueling with them, doing skirmishes, or queuing BGs together. Finding an arena oriented guild also helps with this regard.

#38 ènvy1296684215

ènvy1296684215
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

gogo /2 .

#39 Freshest

Freshest
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately for me, it's near impossible to find a partner on Illidan alliance side (I managed to find one, and then he quit). If anyone feels like playing... xD Lots of minimal-experience players whisper me and I just feel bad saying no

#40 TheRealMz

TheRealMz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dreadmaul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

nice article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<