For myself:

Pros for imp FH:
- best dmg fillertalent
- don't have to LT when oom under pressure, just DP

Cons:
- globals on devour
- FH will not always being able to attack if you need the extra dps
- FH has to be in LoS for DP
- if FH sticks to your focus target (for dps), it maybe is out of LoS of the opponent healer for a spellock
- FH is easy killable from AOE when it sticks to a target (ret, warrior etc)
- NEW BIND FOR DP :(

So maybe I will just pick another fillertalent which doesn't give as much dps as imp FH, but I really don't like the cons of it. I'll give it a try though.

#43 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

When grim reach also increases the range of devour and spelllock i would be more open to this spec.

i agree with you that if you have your pet on someone the damage would be higher than shadow embrace, and the taps that dont kill you and return double the mana are certainly fantastic when you can take advantage of them.

However after the AOE reduction nerfs i feel that pets in combat is a significant liability. I used to put my pet on people all the time for a little extra damage back when they wouldnt get randomly aoed into the ground.

In a bg full of tsg these points would be wasted. RMP you want your pet in range of the mage at all times and most of the time you will gib the mage on a quick swap rather than train him, you will be training the rogue to apply pressure and force him to use cooldowns defensively.

Also im not sure if shadowbite returns mana on full absorbs, a tidbit to think about if anyone can confirm i would appreciate it.

If you can make it work and dont get frustrated but rather truly enjoy it all power to you, personally i dropped the spec after a 40 minute 2s game against mmhunter/druid on dalaran where without SE i simply couldnt apply enough pressure with the myriad of interrupts to stop hardcasts and drains. After that game i respecced SE and we faced them again and i landed a kill in 2 minutes while the druid struggled to heal instead of rolling hots and laughing. Of course this has little application to 3s with an MS class but food for thought.

#44 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

How do you arena without grim reach

#45 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

How do you arena without grim reach

That, Kluian, is an excellent question. That's like one of the most important talents in the tree lmfao.

#46 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

haven't read whole thing, cba. but my thoughts:

imp FH sucks for many reasons:

1) the gcd IS big, even using it in PVE (LOLPVE MANY DEVOURS -.-) i notice it.

2) i dont put my felhunter on a dps target usually as it gets aoe'd down or i'd rather it was in los of a caster for counterspells, or myself for devours.

3) at least 1 talent point in imp fear is good imo, trash debuff. good for 2's at least or dispel happy RMP's.

4) DP is shit as my pet is either out of range/los/dead. (especially if you're putting it on attack to make use of imp FH).

Posted Image

#47 zekeboy

zekeboy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

i have never met a warlock in all of wotlk with imp fear. and i cant really understand why anyone would ever use it.

if you could explain why, that'd be great.
The Word of the Day is Legs. So Come Back to my Place Miley and Spread the Word!!!!!!

#48 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

3) at least 1 talent point in imp fear is good imo, trash debuff. good for 2's at least or dispel happy RMP's.

????

you're spamming fear on this rogue, this priest is spamming dispel. you refear, he has to dispell past imp fear(RNG HI), also just mana use, and considering i get hit from gear and need it, or imp CoA as filler(or something else shit) it's worth it.

Posted Image

#49 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

Would make my life a lot easier if you didn't need LoS to dark pact.

#50 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

i have never met a warlock in all of wotlk with imp fear. and i cant really understand why anyone would ever use it.

if you could explain why, that'd be great.

Imp fear is probably the best in 2s. Ex: you're playing against priest rogue, you fear the priest, imp fear procs after he gets out of fear, and you get to load up more dots / drain more mana from him before he gets back to his pillar!

Or, he takes longer to charge across the map to fear your healer / burn him!

It saves you the global of having to constantly apply coex, and being able to have nightmare/tongues up at the same time is pretty awesome.

I wouldn't spec imp fear for 5s, and for 3s I probably wouldn't either as I play with a hunter and I just kite through frost trap.

Definitely a great talent for 2s imo.

#51 bez

bez
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

i use imp fear in 2s. Good dispel filler i think

#52 lysia

lysia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

I wanna play resto druid, disc priest, affi lock next season with some friends and wonder what spec is good.

Should I take shadowembrace for the healing reduction/slightly extra dps or take improved felhunter for extra dps/my felhunter never going oom.
and improved fear or improved life tap.

also wonder what glyphs i should take, I was thinking about corruption/quick/shadowaflame.

#53 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

Does imp fear get removed by chains of ice?

I also don't see the use off imp FH im finding the pet just gets raped these days no matter were i put it, maybe if you have amazing pet control i dunno. I just don't see you having it on a target that much without it getting fucked up..

Really not looking forward too more double healer warrior teams which surely will come with this resi change.

#54 Maddlexie

Maddlexie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

After much debate I have decided to stick with Shadow Embrace over Improved Fel hunter/Dark Pact. heres a List of what I have compiled. People also should remember that Shadow Embrace changing to 3 Stacks is NOT a nerf anyway (except MS effect wise, but that sucked anyways) because the old stack of 2 (very easily achievable) is still 10% more dot damage

Cons- of having Improved Fel Hunter / Dark Pact
1. 2 Second cooldown on Shadowbite on a 1.5 GCD, makes Devour Magic unreliably late 75% of the time. If attacking a target.
2. Pet has to attack a target, and when with AoE changes (pets take a lot more damage on warriors for example) it can die easily
3. If you put pet on a healer, to keep from drinking or whatever or to stay in LOS for spell Lock, then the 2 points are far from useful
4. Pet has to stay in LOS to dark pact
5. pet goes oom after 2 Dark Pacts( not that important)

Pros-
1. You gain a lot more mana from Dark Pact (3.5kish)
2. Pet can do substantially more damage when attacking a target.

consider the amount of extra damage you can get in a 10 second CC chain on their healer if you are controlling him very well:
5x Shadow Bite for 500 each = 2500 damage + 5x Auto for 300 each = 1500 damage. That's 4000 extra damage in a 10 second CC. If you didn't have Imp FH, and you put your pet on them, you'll gain 2000 damage (99% of people won't bother pet attacking without Imp FH so the number in reality is probably 0). I think if you control the pet half-decently, Imp FH are the 2 best DPS improving points after the standard talents taken in Aff, and the better you control, the better Imp FH is. And Dark Pact is something that you might as well take once you have 2/2 Imp FH

3. When you are being focused and need mana, this is great, you'll gain a ton of mana and not lose any health compared to Life Tapping.

#55 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

gonna go for 5/5 shadow embrace if I run hlp again

Don't think I ever need Coex / imp fear for the way we play that comp so

Would be hot to get a 3 stack of shadow embrace up with some nightfall procs :)

#56 Substantial

Substantial
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

gonna go for 5/5 shadow embrace if I run hlp again

Don't think I ever need Coex / imp fear for the way we play that comp so

Would be hot to get a 3 stack of shadow embrace up with some nightfall procs :)

I've always wondered if it would be worth dropping coex. As much as I like its utility, I have a hard time counting the number of times I use it every game. But I guess even if I don't use it as much as I used to, it's probably safer to keep it for the utility rather than that one point in SE. If it was a matter of freeing up 2-3 points up I'd probably be all over it. Than again I guess it can depend on what comp you run so bleh.

#57 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Coex is too useful to just drop. Even if it's not something you use a lot because of a certain comp your running, chances are it will still be very useful in another bracket/pvp in general.
Posted Image

#58 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:15 AM

Agree with Ragz; can't imagine not having CoEx, and I don't want two affliction specs -- one for 2s and one for 3s.

#59 Kanlis

Kanlis
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1232
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

Coex is too useful to just drop. Even if it's not something you use a lot because of a certain comp your running, chances are it will still be very useful in another bracket/pvp in general.

This. But even so, i find myself using it a lot.
Posted Image

#60 Beldam

Beldam
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2306

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:46 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but getting +hit from your gear and dropping suppression to get 3/3 pyroclasm as destro works pretty well for me.

this is such a retarded change, rogues are going to get gibbed right and left after wotf'ing a fear because they can't trinket a cs/kidney.

you will not be able to bladestorm ever post patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<