zkype
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1781

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

I don´t take anything coming from a priest/mage QQing about hunters or holypaladins seriously as long as they are not having massive QQ about how rogue 10k envenoms and 8k burst in 2seconds priest is not op.

heh, 10k envenoms..
crazier than a bag of fucking angel dust

#42 Aasgeir

Aasgeir
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

although its pretty obvious that hydra excaggerates the opness of holy paladins, he does make some valid points.

sacret shield is unbalanced and it would be much more balanced if it was made undispellable, but weaker. this would make it more reliable defensive wise, aswell as you'd eliminate the problem of dispell resistance making a big diffrence.

#43 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Usually he's right about classes which are a bit too strong against priests ( although it seems he just wants to have no counters and no chance of losing at all, which is fail ), however paladins are pretty much a fine and balanced class, you can just spamdispel their shield and spam damage into their partners to FORCE them to heal. While it does look sweet on paper ( paladins having 4 ways out of CC - aoe sac, targetted sac, trinket and bubble ), usually all four of those are burned within 40 first seconds against good teams - and after the 40 second mark, a single polymorph equals usually into a lost game for the paladin team seeing sitting in sheep for 15 secs, followed by a fear and mage sitting on his counterspell button just waiting for CC to end, heh.

Paladins are fine, stop bothering with his blogs and I'm not sure why do you even read them.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#44 Eliaegl

Eliaegl
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 576

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

He doesn't list one of the advantages of PW:S and that is being able to use it on multiple targets. If he wants to be more serious about how he puts these two abilities head to head (which is still as irrelivant as putting MS and Scourge Strike head to head, but that's a topic for a different day) he should put all the talents that PvP players typically use together and then compare.

The results? Power word: shield mana returns through rapture, costs much less than his listed number and procs spell haste, prompting much better and more reliable burst healing that sacred shield.

I believe he is correct, however, that holy paladins have too much immunity to control and focus fire in the first 2 minutes of the game.

#45 Trizx

Trizx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

It isn't really rocket science to know that paladins work extremely well in burst and fast game environment. However after this resi change I reckon druids and priests both start to rise in representation since druids are allowed to cc more instead of spamming heals and priests are also allowed to play offensive more. Paladins are currently the best healer ingame but OP? I dont think so, maybe slightly. While paladins have very strong defensive abilities we have very little offensive utility. Left alone paladin is not much harm for your team, left alone priest can act as a 3 dps for his team.

#46 Athulua

Athulua
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

What a lot of shit!

#47 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

What an idiot lol, he uses the "let's list abilities" approach to class balance. He calls paladins and druids defensive healers when druids and priests are far and away the healers with the most offensive potential in the game. Wanna know why paladins work well with zerg comps? Because after their cooldowns are up they're worse than every other healer in the game. He goes on and on about dispel resistance, as if every caster in the game doesn't benefit from dispel resistance. I also like how this guy compares sacred shield to PWS instead of a logical comparison like Earth Shield, lol. So bad...

#48 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

paladin has
no offensive utility pretty much
the healer that has to cast the most,
without sacred shield anything dies if you snezze on it

same thing could be written about priests in their terms of opness
dispels 2 magic effects defensively/offensively
pain supresion which cant be dispeled
ability to dispel immunity effects
ability to output immense pressure if left alone

priest teams require comps that has cc, and normally they can play gay as fuck pillaring around, play offensively from range and survive those 10-15 seconds of cds and collect points

as far as paladin healers go with their healing output they always were tank healers which obviously explain why they have the strongest heals etc
too bad paladin will be able to heal least if he is interupted
that holy shock that crits for 5k through mortal strike or notcrits for 3k doesnt stop anything from dieing

Pretty cute that a holy paladin is trying to argue that holy paladins aren't op and accidentally makes a point about how op they are.

#49 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

Pretty cute that a holy paladin is trying to argue that holy paladins aren't op and accidentally makes a point about how op they are.

lool
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#50 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

Yeah because saying an ability that paladin healing is balanced around is required to heal effectively is the same as saying it's OP. You're a real smart one.

#51 Erv

Erv
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/2/.
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

Nice one! :)
Skill Capped

Join Skill Capped for guide videos today !

#52 Touché1296682727

Touché1296682727
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

when druids and priests are far and away the healers with the most offensive potential in the game.

Lol.

#53 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

Mage sayin' holy paladins are overpowered, i lold, and so loud.

Just tunnel a holy paladin with your priest friend, he will die in one congelate / improved counterspell after he used his cds.

I dont even speak of a rmp with fuckin envenom rogues.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#54 isabis

isabis
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/././2/2/./.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

http://www.ariva.de/...s_going_a225853

#55 Erv

Erv
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/2/.
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Just tunnel a holy paladin with your priest friend, he will die in one congelate / improved counterspell after he used his cds.

Why so serious?
Skill Capped

Join Skill Capped for guide videos today !

#56 harlequinkopeck

harlequinkopeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

congelate?

and yeah! envenom rogues! most op melee!

#57 saska¨¨1296682067

saska¨¨1296682067
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

cute how an inactive mage posts on paladins forum as if he probably has no clue how they work

i was constructive, if your going to flame bait atleast do it properly

#58 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

I like how random paladins who managed to achieve Glad in WOTLK mainly because the OP state of Holy Paladins hack down on his argument; you seem to have 0 knowledge of the game, which just proves Hydrás point as you were able to get glad.

hehehehe... priest? Have you tried playing RMP and killing a paladin before he even gets 1 cast off in bubble? Or watching all his 2 minute long cooldowns being stripped cause some retard decided to use power infusion while u were cced and all ur mates aoe feared, and just take them all off boy 1 by 1.

#59 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

One thing I'd like to see with regards to holy paladins is something like a 30/45 second shared cooldown between hand of sac and divine sac. For zerg comps, being able to use these back to back is one of the reasons why the comps actually work.

This would be similar to the will of the forsaken nerf and how undead can no longer rush down targets while being unpeelable, but wotf is still useful in longer matches.

And I'm not trying to say holy paladins are super OP and need huge nerfs (I have a holy paladin), I don't agree with everything Hydra said.

#60 explodyhead

explodyhead
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

he has valid points, regardless of how hard you flame him. he whines pretty hard, but he whines pretty smart, this thread thus far really hasn't involved much except that the overwhelming plurality of paladin healers believe paladins are fine, while the plurality of non-paladin healers are pretty sure that paladins have a lot more tools to heal in WoTLK arena than they do.

shocking i know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<