#1 Sekes

Sekes
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kul Tiras
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

As a warrior gemming ARP, playing as dispel cleave I have a choice of trinkets between WFS and NES. I feel that I might miss the RNG burst from NES against TSG and the like however the AP from WFS seems to be like a more stable increase in damage against priests/locks. I am unsure which one would be better and so would be grateful for any advice on this issue.

Please don't give advice like get X trinket as i'm in the process of trying to get mjolnir but for now, i don't have it.

Here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory....as&cn=Flamehoof

#2 Murth

Murth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

people are still trying to get mjolnir ? I'd rather poke my eye out.

#3 Sekes

Sekes
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kul Tiras
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

Maybe because mjolnir is far better than NES?
Also, i was thinking about running mace spec with about 80% passive ARP using WFS, does that sound viable?

#4 liz

liz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

no.

#5 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

Murth said:

My guild sells 10 man drake runs and thats when I got mine :D

#6 Jacklin

Jacklin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Sekes said:

As a warrior gemming ARP, playing as dispel cleave I have a choice of trinkets between WFS and NES. I feel that I might miss the RNG burst from NES against TSG and the like however the AP from WFS seems to be like a more stable increase in damage against priests/locks. I am unsure which one would be better and so would be grateful for any advice on this issue.

Please don't give advice like get X trinket as i'm in the process of trying to get mjolnir but for now, i don't have it.

Here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory....as&cn=Flamehoof

Weird, got exactly the same case here. Currently using WFS over NES due to the simple fact WFS has doubled up time compared to NES and a 5sec longer duration.

Have not tested it in arenas yet, and my perception so far is kinda skewed due to the new resilience changes, which basically makes all my damage notes obsolete ;/.
I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

#7 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

you should glyph bladestorm and sweeping strikes, pick up iron will and drop blood craze for imp string

#8 Asdfman

Asdfman
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

there is no contest whatsoever, WFS is far superior regardless of gemming

#9 Murth

Murth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:51 AM

Sekes said:

Maybe because mjolnir is far better than NES?
Also, i was thinking about running mace spec with about 80% passive ARP using WFS, does that sound viable?

NES is not that bad with Axe spec, since the PPM change I noticed its a lot more reliable but maybe its all in my head.

but more to the point WFS or DW are much easier to farm than Mjolnir and you don't have to waste your time in ulduar either.

#10 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

NES is so terrible, I watch grim toll proc on other warriors like 3 times before I even see a 2nd proc of my NES(which i usually don't)

Murth said:

NES is not that bad with Axe spec, since the PPM change I noticed its a lot more reliable but maybe its all in my head.

How exactly did that change NES? I thought it didn't matter since it had an internal?

#11 ironpine

ironpine
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Murth said:

but more to the point WFS or DW are much easier to farm than Mjolnir and you don't have to waste your time in ulduar either.

NES is biggest shit. id rather use battlemaster or grimtoll, wich i actually use.
Posted Image

#12 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

fuck someone needs to make a sticky saying NES IS FUCKING AWFULL DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU HAVE A BLUE TRINKET
:warrior:http://eu.wowarmory....Nether&cn=Ifixx

Seriana said:

Kill Shot is fine, learn to play. If it only hit for 7k or something it should have been called Tickle Shot.

Anyone complaining about this is terrible, try getting more resilience and learn how to play by LOSing.

#13 Sekes

Sekes
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kul Tiras
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, will take it on board :)

#14 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

the PPM change hasn't changed the proc rate on NES AT ALL. If you notice anything it's in your head or just RNG. Terrible trinket and WFS is far better.

Pau said:

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#15 Murth

Murth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Shouri said:

How exactly did that change NES? I thought it didn't matter since it had an internal?

People are reporting that NES have been procing in period of less than the 45sec standard (as early as 40sec) with an average of 51sec.

it is possible that the trinket procs by PPM based now instead of relying on internal CD

#16 Murth

Murth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Official Blizzard Quote:

We changed the way PPM procs work to make sure many of the weapons and trinkets did their expected performance in Icecrown instead of proc'ing too much for some specs or classes or forcing players into unusual behavior to try and fish for the procs. This change also affected some older mechanics in the game too such as the Berserking enchant. For the most part the intent is that these systems all proc off of attacks and they are balanced with that assumption.

At this time we're happy with the damage that characters are now doing after these changes, though we'll continue to monitor and adjust damage overall and that includes the proc-based items.

Weapons and Trinkets so something have changed,

#17 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Murth said:

People are reporting that NES have been procing in period of less than the 45sec standard (as early as 40sec) with an average of 51sec.

it is possible that the trinket procs by PPM based now instead of relying on internal CD

+rep

still wish they'd just remove the "on crit" part though

#18 Murth

Murth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

yea, I think I'll take that back,

I did some testing and I cannot get it to proc earlier than 45sec internal cd.. even when I crit like crazy bladestorming 4 dummies so its probably still the same,

was wearing PVP gear at about 39% crit I'm getting the proc probably on average 60s  where something like Darkmoon Greatness proc every 45s like clockwork.

hope I get WFS or DW soon :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<