• Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

good post

Posted Image

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#43 ilybrah

ilybrah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

lol

A full set of dots + a felhunter on my hpal requires me to divine light spam to stay alive, without the lock hitting me with drain life or drain soul at all.

SO ya, i was a hpally s9, and it was by far my favorite season ever in wow. Thanks for your OPINIONS tho on whether the season sucked or not. L2P, have a nice day!

#44 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

lol

idd
Posted Image

#45 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

Posted Image

bad post

#46 Widowned

Widowned
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/0/2/1

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

A good Priest is a good Priest, and tons of things that make someone successful at arena are exactly the same across all classes/specs.

#47 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

A good Priest is a good Priest, and tons of things that make someone successful at arena are exactly the same across all classes/specs.

basically this game is so easy that it doesnt matter what class you are

#48 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

less tools -> less decisions to make -> easier to play

less tools -> easier to get locked down/cc'd -> harder to play

do u c how baseless comments like these are?

just stop with ur stupid simplistic views just cause u played some 2v2 as shadow - i honestly dont care if u got 2800 as spriest/resto druid - the difference between spriest healer 2v2 and spriest 3v3 vs top tier comps is night and day, i'm not saying the spec is hard, but ur just trying to be a know-it-all-LOLSHADOWISEZCAUSEISAYSO
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#49 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

^

any class w/o spammable Cc is ez

That makes absolutely no sense, having spammable CC makes things so much easier (compared to having everything else being the same but with a c/d on the cc).

#50 Blessox

Blessox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

basically this game is so easy that it doesnt matter what class you are

The game might be easy to learn, but it aint easy to play it at the highest lvl. Many ppl say "wow is easy lol" but it still has plenty of depth for the better players to differentiate themself from the rest. Just look at the ladders each season.

#51 Schnorki

Schnorki
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

face it. "skillcap", much like most other things regarding difficulty in general, is entirely relative.

i for one find my mage significantly easier to dominate people with than my priest, simply for the fact that as a mage you have about a bajillion tools for every situation imaginable and even if you do mess up, you have 5 things to fix your mistake and get past it instantly. whereas as a spriest, your number of actual "gamechangers" is rather limited at best, leading to the fact that you have to actually use the right thing at the right time pretty much every time or you just lost yourself a game.

on a related note, everytime i do go disc i'm just amazed by how stupidly easy it is by comparison...hell, went from 0 to 2600mmr with less than 100 resil in s6 ~~

mind you, i'm not implying shadow is actually "hard", let alone the hardest thing out there...i'm merely emphasizing my point on how it is entirely relative and up to your own opinion of things.

besides, the hardest thing about being successful in arenas is, was and will always remain finding partners that aren't braindead rather than knowing how to play your own class.

#52 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

face it. "skillcap", much like most other things regarding difficulty in general, is entirely relative.

i for one find my mage significantly easier to dominate people with than my priest, simply for the fact that as a mage you have about a bajillion tools for every situation imaginable and even if you do mess up, you have 5 things to fix your mistake and get past it instantly. whereas as a spriest, your number of actual "gamechangers" is rather limited at best, leading to the fact that you have to actually use the right thing at the right time pretty much every time or you just lost yourself a game.

on a related note, everytime i do go disc i'm just amazed by how stupidly easy it is by comparison...hell, went from 0 to 2600mmr with less than 100 resil in s6 ~~

mind you, i'm not implying shadow is actually "hard", let alone the hardest thing out there...i'm merely emphasizing my point on how it is entirely relative and up to your own opinion of things.

besides, the hardest thing about being successful in arenas is, was and will always remain finding partners that aren't braindead rather than knowing how to play your own class.

i love u

#53 Abub

Abub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1494
  • 3v3: 1900
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

Spriest is pretty easy to play imo
2565 on shadowburn
Were rank 24, 22 counting inactive teams. hasnt moved ranks in 2days.

safe?
yes/no
-Jordyo

#54 Krebosh

Krebosh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

In these threads theres always tons of people mixing up:
Easy to play (as in easy to do well with, easy to get high rating with, or simply: more overpowered)
and
Easy to play (as in low skillcap, easy to pick up, not many opportunities for fancy plays)

One guy says "mage is the hardest class to play you have to many things to do" and another guy says "lol no mages are piss easy i dinged 80 2 weeks ago and im 2500 now". The first guy talks about skill cap and a class being hard to master. The other guy talks about how easy it is to get rating and how op the class is. And they can both be right even though they're arguing against each other.

Many times these two things work together. Lets take an example: s5 DKs. They were overpowered. Imagine that you would take a s5 DK, give him a ranged 5sec stun like HoJ, a blade storm ability and a decurse ability. Would that make the DK easier to play? YES, it would make them even more op and even easier to get ratings with. But also NO, because with the extra amount of tools it would be harder to reach the skill cap and to master the class.

For the same reason, tbc druids were one of the easiest (to get rating with) and hardest (because of the retarded amount of good tools they had) classes to play in tbc.

I could go on with plenty of more examples. And of course they dont always work together like that. But often they do.

i for one find my mage significantly easier to dominate people with than my priest

Thats a sign of the mage being more powerful, not the mage having higher/lower skill cap.

simply for the fact that as a mage you have about a bajillion tools for every situation imaginable and even if you do mess up, you have 5 things to fix your mistake and get past it instantly

Also a sign of "overpoweredness". Though considering they in your opinion have that many tools, its also a sign of high skillcap, since you need to be able to know which one of your tools to use. This is a good example of what i said above. A class with plenty of tools being more op, but at the same time the tools also makes them harder to master. See s5 DK example.

whereas as a spriest, your number of actual "gamechangers" is rather limited at best, leading to the fact that you have to actually use the right thing at the right time pretty much every time or you just lost yourself a game.

And thats a sign of a less powerful class. Not a class being hard to master.

#55 Abub

Abub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

In these threads theres always tons of people mixing up:
Easy to play (as in easy to do well with, easy to get high rating with, or simply: more overpowered)
and
Easy to play (as in low skillcap, easy to pick up, not many opportunities for fancy plays)

One guy says "mage is the hardest class to play you have to many things to do" and another guy says "lol no mages are piss easy i dinged 80 2 weeks ago and im 2500 now". The first guy talks about skill cap and a class being hard to master. The other guy talks about how easy it is to get rating and how op the class is. And they can both be right even though they're arguing against each other.

Many times these two things work together. Lets take an example: s5 DKs. They were overpowered. Imagine that you would take a s5 DK, give him a ranged 5sec stun like HoJ, a blade storm ability and a decurse ability. Would that make the DK easier to play? YES, it would make them even more op and even easier to get ratings with. But also NO, because with the extra amount of tools it would be harder to reach the skill cap and to master the class.

For the same reason, tbc druids were one of the easiest (to get rating with) and hardest (because of the retarded amount of good tools they had) classes to play in tbc.

I could go on with plenty of more examples. And of course they dont always work together like that. But often they do.

Thats a sign of the mage being more powerful, not the mage having higher skill cap.

Also a sign of "overpoweredness". Though considering they in your opinion have that many tools, its also a sign of high skillcap, since you need to be able to know which one of your tools to use. This is a good example of what i said above. A class with plenty of tools being more op, but at the same time the tools also makes them harder to master. See s5 DK example.

And thats a sign of a less powerful class. Not a class being hard to master.

Easy to play (as in low skillcap, easy to pick up, not many opportunities for fancy plays).... yea that.

Id like to say mages are at the top of "skillcap", just a lot more things u have to do as a mage compared to spriest.
2565 on shadowburn

safe?
yes/no
-Jordyo

#56 Ryssy

Ryssy
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Easy to play (as in low skillcap, easy to pick up, not many opportunities for fancy plays).... yea that.

Id like to say mages are at the top of "skillcap", just a lot more things u have to do as a mage compared to spriest.

would really like to know what a mage has "a lot more things to do" than a spriest when a mage can only do damage and cc compared to spriest where you can heal, cc, do damage, dispell etc. In a dominating combo where its pretty straight forward putting dots and waiting for a target to die it might be easy but when it gets tough i don't think spriest falls behind any other "complex" class.

#57 Abub

Abub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

would really like to know what a mage has "a lot more things to do" than a spriest when a mage can only do damage and cc compared to spriest where you can heal, cc, do damage, dispell etc. In a dominating combo where its pretty straight forward putting dots and waiting for a target to die it might be easy but when it gets tough i don't think spriest falls behind any other "complex" class.

:/ JUST MY OPINION on the matter. From the experience of playing both mage and priest i just felt like priest was so much easier. And ive got glad every season ive played my mage. I believe mage is a much harder class to play when getting focused or when ur team is under pressure. I also believe setting up good cc rotations/setting up bursts is harder on a mage as well. I duno... really i just think spriests have to be 1 of the easiest classes to play in arena when u know what ur doing lol
2565 on shadowburn

safe?
yes/no
-Jordyo

#58 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

Any class with a spammable cc has to set the pace of the game, I think thats why people are saying mages/locks have a higher skill cap.

Playing with a good spriest and a bad spriest is very noticible though. The good ones can dispell instantly, keep up a ton of dot pressure and just know when to burst.

#59 Abub

Abub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Any class with a spammable cc has to set the pace of the game, I think thats why people are saying mages/locks have a higher skill cap.

Playing with a good spriest and a bad spriest is very noticible though. The good ones can dispell instantly, keep up a ton of dot pressure and just know when to burst.

true minus the lock part, i could prolly play a warlock blindfolded and still get gladiator... :D
2565 on shadowburn

safe?
yes/no
-Jordyo

#60 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

true minus the lock part, i could prolly play a warlock blindfolded and still get gladiator... :D

could say the same about mage, in the end threads like these just boil down to personal opinions rather than facts, no one is rly ever objective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<