#21 Zexis

Zexis
  • Salinelol
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

He never sat on the teams, but I've seen hotspot do perfectly fine against high rated teams as shadow many times.

Comparing Shadow to Disc is just stupid. One game you have to play just like you're playing disc again, the next you have to play amazingly offensive, the next you have to spam peels, the next you have to spam heals. All with coordinated burst.

Not saying that SPriests are one of the harder classes, because I'd say that they're a bit below the others, like mages. Not too far below, but below.

I beat dan's LSD (lol you claim its an op comp)

he's saying if it was an OP comp Dan should have beat him you fucking retard

LSD Champions at their finest

#22 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:18 AM

I have yet to see a single priest who has been primarily disc play shadow and get glad with it.

Not to be a dick, but i went from disc--->shadow between s5 and s6 and did just fine. Good players will do well playing almost any class.

On topic, i don't really consider it that difficult, but i dont think a lot of stuff is difficult in this game.

The hardest part is probably just general "what are my priorities against xxx or yyy."

Against mage teams you have to stay out of sheeps or you're going to lose, against a hunter team you can't mount to the middle of the map or you're gonna lose. But most of that is basic arena knowledge that is non class specific.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#23 Blessox

Blessox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

A spriest has a couple of big core abilities which probaly wont be too hard to get used too. Still like on every class its about using your abilities at the right moments. A spriest dillemma will be recognizing, when to avoid cc, when to heal and when to dps.

Switching from offense to defense in terms of dispelling/healing might not be too complicated but its mechanisme which cant be easy to compare to mage/warlock in terms of skill.

Still would say mage/warlock got higher skillcap just bcs they got more utilities then a spriest in controlling the game. When all of their abilities are used correctly they can realy set the pace of the game where spriest needs to rely more on synchronizing their actions with their partner.

In arena i would determine skillcap by the amount of choices ppl are forced to make.

#24 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

The whole skillcap in WoW is a pretty easy thing to analyze.

Basically, it comes down to the tools a class has.

For example, shamans have a very high skill cap, because:

1. they can interrupt enemy casts on a short cooldown.
2. they can heal teammates
3. they have to deal with totems
4. they can do damage
5. they have reactionary skills, like grounding totem
6. Purge
etc.

It's the combination of things you can do, how often you can do them, and who you can do them to.

On top of that, dealing with pets, and using their skills (devour magic) adds another layer of complexity - or number of possible decisions that increases the skillcap.

Using this mindset, shadowpriest does have a high skillcap. It's just that they don't have to make as many decisions as some other classes, also because of lack of spammable cc, which is Artenians point.

Now, the reason people argue is that wotlk screwed up the priorities. If you can global someone, there's no reason not to. If you can heal forever (old prot pala), then that's what you do. Skillcap is therefore skewed by Blizzard.

As for dpriest->spriest transition, this is logical. Dpriest is just a spriest with more healing. It still tries to do as much damage as possible, while keeping people alive. Apart from the talens you get by going into shadow tree, the mindset is actually pretty similar.

#25 Lulu

Lulu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

Posting in dumbest topic ever.

#26 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

Posting in dumbest topic ever.

Thank you for your input, you may now gtfo.

#27 Lulu

Lulu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

Being a redneck won't justify your bullshit you wrote a few minutes ago I'm sorry.

#28 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

Present your arguments, or gtfo as suggested.

#29 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

I have yet to see a single priest who has been primarily disc play shadow and get glad with it.

I was never shadow and while still being disc geared i went 2650 2v2 in s6, and 2750 mmr in s7 - it's not hard lol

#30 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Because the transition is smooth.

#31 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

I was never shadow and while still being disc geared i went 2650 2v2 in s6, and 2750 mmr in s7 - it's not hard lol

u act as if anything in wow is hard, good players will do well at any class/spec given the gear/time - the whole skillcap argument is relative: the way i say the OP's question towards spriest skillcap, it just seems to me that he wants to know if he can distinguish himself from good spriests with exceptional play, in which case the class does lend itself to that, not as much as mage/warlock as has alrdy been pointed out, but it still does.

I'll never understand why anyone says spammable cc makes a class harder to play, if anything it makes the class easier and more forgiving to play. Achieving maximum results with a minimum set of tools is a skill in itself, as opposed to having too many tools too deal with every situation. U can't rly compare the 2, cause its a completely different playstyle
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#32 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Maximizing results with what you have is a skill, yes, but simply by not having to think about stuff you can't react to in any way makes it a bit simpler than having the ability to act or react.

#33 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

u act as if anything in wow is hard, good players will do well at any class/spec given the gear/time - the whole skillcap argument is relevant: the way i say the OP's question towards spriest skillcap, it just seems to me that he wants to know if he can distinguish himself from good spriests with exceptional play, in which case the class does lend itself to that, not as much as mage/warlock as has alrdy been pointed out, but it still does.

I'll never understand why anyone says spammable cc makes a class harder to play, if anything it makes the class easier and more forgiving to play. Achieving maximum results with a minimum set of tools is a skill in itself, as opposed to having too many tools too deal with every situation. U can't rly compare the 2, cause its a completely different playstyle

less tools -> less decisions to make -> easier to play

#34 Fritzl

Fritzl
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

I don't think most priests can comment tbh if they switched from Disc->Shadow because its really easy to pick up if you played Disc before. I guess you could say its hard to pick up if you go from playing a prot warrior to a spriest.

#35 Takuu

Takuu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

It's a very smooth transition from disc to shadow because of the offensive nature of disc. You still dispel cc's, shield party members, fear to cc/peel, position yourself so if you get trained they would los their healer.
You can also just replace smite with mind flay, holy fire with vampiric touch and pain suppression with dispersion and you're set. After that just get used to psychic horror and silence after a day of bg's.

Going from shadow to disc is a smooth transition imo also. Last season I went disc late season on another team and got it gladiator bound in case I didn't get glad on my spriest's team. In fact, I think more people went from shadow->disc last season to get gladiator.

Pretty much any good player can go disc==>shadow or shadow==> disc because the similar playstyles and be successful.

Edit: double post

#36 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

It's a very smooth transition from disc to shadow because of the offensive nature of disc. You still dispel cc's, shield party members, fear to cc/peel, position yourself so if you get trained they would los their healer.
You can also just replace smite with mind flay, holy fire with vampiric touch and pain suppression with dispersion and you're set. After that just get used to psychic horror and silence after a day of bg's.

Going from shadow to disc is a smooth transition imo also. Last season I went disc late season on another team and got it gladiator bound in case I didn't get glad on my spriest's team. In fact, I think more people went from shadow->disc last season to get gladiator.

Pretty much any good player can go disc==>shadow or shadow==> disc because the similar playstyles and be successful.

good post

considering how little disc priests heal in good teams, shadow just feels like a mega buffed version of disc that practically heals just as good.

[h] rmp inc.

#37 Calbrena

Calbrena
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

s3 - 2280 spriest/rogue, 2250 spriest/rogue&lock/druid
s4 - 2300 spriest/rogue, 2300 shadowPMR,
s5 - rofl
s6 - 2527 spriest/rogue, 2650 4dps 5s (furious duelist lol)
s7 - 2400 spriest/restosham, 2700 shatterplay/shadowplay

why is this in your sig?

no one gives a fuck

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

good post

why is this in your sig?

no one gives a fuck

good post

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#39 Pikabanga

Pikabanga
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

good post

good post

good post
Posted Image