Sinhto
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hey guys,

have been absent for a while and now im thinking of coming back as spriest. i wonder how you would rate an spriest's skillcap compared to other classes considered having a high skillcap, e.g. mages, rshaman etc.

thanks

#2 Klöjvert

Klöjvert
  • Klöjvert
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

#3 Seyia

Seyia
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

its not that high like fmage afflilock and rshaman but its still caster with dispel mechanics also u need to be able to put pressure / juke while beeing trained ITS NOT LIKE HUNTER STAYING 35 YARD SHOOTING INSTANTS

:)
hunter :

Our damage is somewhat fine against cloth,

#4 TaloonTribute

TaloonTribute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1078

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

I know it's not what's being discussed, but resto shaman is credited with a far higher skillcap than it actually has, jus' sayin'.

#5 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

i play mage and priest mains.

im gonna say that mage has a higher skillcap, but there is alot of stuff you can do with spriest regardless. maybe its because i play mage and dpriest that spriest came naturally to me, and i notice alot of very high rated spriests are fail with dispels/shields/etc

like mages and rshaman, at the end of most games no matter how good you play you feel like you could have done something more - and thats kinda what dictates the skillcap of a class to me.

#6 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

Extremely easy to play tbh :<

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

^

any class w/o spammable Cc is ez

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#8 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

^

so a disc priest is ez huh?

and a resto druid is very hard?

#9 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

^

most flawed logic i've ever seen, in essence u could argue having a spammable cc makes the class easier to play than a class that has a cd on its cc.

Nonetheless, spriest class isnt very complicated- but there's still a big difference between a good one and a bad one, in the way they handle offensive and defensive dispells, setup nukes, cc and communicate with their teammates.
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#10 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

It doesn't have as astronomically high skillcap, it does however require you to be GOOD to get even decent ratings. It's not very faceroll friendly if you know what I mean.

#11 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

but there's still a big difference between a good one and a bad one

U THINK?

#12 Dullehoe

Dullehoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

lol someone downrepped me writing "moron"

some shadowpriest out there lives in denial?

#13 Widowned

Widowned
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/0/2/1

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

^

There's another of your incredibly simple-minded axioms that you keep trying to spread on the AJ forums.

If it isn't melee/caster/healer, it's imbalanced.

If a class doesn't have spammable CC, it's easy.

Any other gems you want to share?

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

Picking up a class with 0 spammable CC is infinitely easier than picking up one without.

Yes, I think Disc Priests take less skill than Resto Druids (at least in say, a 2v2 situation when you can utilize CC to the fullest extent.)

I'm not saying Shadow Priests are easy to do well as (unless you're playing wizard cleave,) I'm saying compared to a Warlock or a Mage they are a joke to play at the highest level.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#15 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

Every 2600+ dpriest I've seen can switch to shadow and play it well without even practicing

#16 Fauxy

Fauxy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationPNW, USA

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:13 AM

Every 2600+ dpriest I've seen can switch to shadow and play it well without even practicing

I have yet to see a single priest who has been primarily disc play shadow and get glad with it.

And how does having spammable CC make a class more difficult to play? If you lack spammable CC you have to use your spells much more effectively as you have no way to stop your opponent and take a breather while cooldowns come back up if you mess up.

I'm not saying Shadow Priests are easy to do well as (unless you're playing wizard cleave,) I'm saying compared to a Warlock or a Mage they are a joke to play at the highest level.

When have you played shadow? Or any of those classes at the highest level?
steam: phozee
dotabuff: https://dotabuff.com/players/24635059

#17 Threefaced

Threefaced
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

Yes, I think Disc Priests take less skill than Resto Druids (at least in say, a 2v2 situation when you can utilize CC to the fullest extent.)

After playing both I would say it depends completely on what comp you run, but they're about even

And for those who think picking up spammable cc classes in a comp isnt more difficult: try running druid/mage/lock post destro nerfs if you happen to have one of those classes, and see how much more difficult it is to master than anything else you've run :)

#18 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:35 AM

I have yet to see a single priest who has been primarily disc play shadow and get glad with it.

He never sat on the teams, but I've seen hotspot do perfectly fine against high rated teams as shadow many times.

#19 Thakeelol

Thakeelol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:41 AM

Picking up a class with 0 spammable CC is infinitely easier than picking up one without.

I agree, I'll put you an example.
My main class is rogue, it's a really simple class to play ( of course it has skillcap, as everything ) , but basically all I have to do is a stunlocking DPS rotation, and blind when asked on X target.

I've played warlock too though, skillcap on warlock is IMMENSE...
You can feldom succubus a guy, after having spellocked him, while fearing another, while deathcoiling a third, a global before demonic circle instant fearing... Etc, ofc this is REALLY rare, but duo-cc or tri-cc is not as a rare situation as a class with perma-cc ( look mage with sheep DF CS, etc etc ).

#20 Ishank

Ishank
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gilneas
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

When messing around on my priest as shadow its not "easy" but there aren't many amazing things you can do. Full dots up, mind blast, spam mind flay, dispel cc. What else more is there to do besides use cc's at right times?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<