#42 ssjdevil

ssjdevil
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Terenas
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:06 AM

Maybe it's obvious or maybe it's overlooked, but I use a cast sequence Macro for swapping between blood & frost presence for when teams hard switch to you

It's relatively simple and prevents needing two binds for two stances.

Macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence !Blood Presence, !Frost Presence

Bind that to an ability and it will place you in blood presence on first hit. If they hard switch you hit the keybind and it swaps to frost. Hit the keybind again to swap back to blood. Seems to save me time rather than mashing multiple keybinds.
Armory links:
:deathknight: :rogue: :priest: :warlock:

#43 Dieszel

Dieszel
  • Junkies

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

26. It's best to start a match in Frost Presence. Having to switch to switch back to Blood Presence is only going to consume a blood rune, whereas if you start in Blood Presence and are bursted right out of the gate, you are forced to use a frost rune hurting your damage and survivability.

haha. People were criticizing me for why I started every fight in frost presence in my movie and now they know. It only makes sense to start in frost when you think about it.

(gotta give credit where it's due - serennia told me this one)

#44 Dieszel

Dieszel
  • Junkies

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Maybe it's obvious or maybe it's overlooked, but I use a cast sequence Macro for swapping between blood & frost presence for when teams hard switch to you

It's relatively simple and prevents needing two binds for two stances.

Macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence !Blood Presence, !Frost Presence

Bind that to an ability and it will place you in blood presence on first hit. If they hard switch you hit the keybind and it swaps to frost. Hit the keybind again to swap back to blood. Seems to save me time rather than mashing multiple keybinds.

all you need is this

/cast frost presence
/cast blood presence

If you're in blood it puts you in frost, if you're in frost it puts you in blood.

#45 Guest_Amig0_*

Guest_Amig0_*

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

26. It's best to start a match in Frost Presence. Having to switch to switch back to Blood Presence is only going to consume a blood rune, whereas if you start in Blood Presence and are bursted right out of the gate, you are forced to use a frost rune hurting your damage and survivability.

haha. People were criticizing me for why I started every fight in frost presence in my movie and now they know. It only makes sense to start in frost when you think about it.

(gotta give credit where it's due - serennia told me this one)

Yeah, I've always done it myself but I overlooked when typing the thread - until I came across one of your forum posts earlier today. Seeing as how you put out 2 videos with commentary, do you have any "general" tips to add to this list?

#46 Dieszel

Dieszel
  • Junkies

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, I've always done it myself but I overlooked when typing the thread - until I came across one of your forum posts earlier today. Seeing as how you put out 2 videos with commentary, do you have any "general" tips to add to this list?

nope. looks good

#47 Wezz

Wezz
  • Chainzx
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Assuming that the person plays in blood when not focused

#48 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Assuming that the person plays in blood when not focused

obv..

#49 Wezz

Wezz
  • Chainzx
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

You shouldn't be in Frost Presence unless you are being focused. The only situation I can see you doing so would be if you are expecting a switch on you and you have no defensive cooldowns available. Even then, it's usually not worth it.

Maybe I was refering to uhp

#50 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hi there,
I have started using recently Corpse Explosion and it works out great, but need a help. For the CE macro work out well, I have to switch off the autoattack of Claw off, because it will give ghoul GCD and he wont explode, so i know about people binding the Claw to main strikes (IT, PS, SS). Is there any way to do a macro that tells my ghoul to use Claw ability to his actual target (not mine target or focus target)? Something like

/cast Scourge Strike
/cast [target=pettarget] Claw

Atm I am using a macro that tells my ghoul to use Claw on focus target, but that does not allow me enough mobility.
PS: Switching off auto-Claw is a great way to have insta gnaw and allows you using CE that realy improves the bad burst state of DKs in which we are right now.
Edit: Btw, im not quite sure if its okay to post this to the Amigos thread, but lets hope he wont get mad at me because of that.

#51 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi there,
I have started using recently Corpse Explosion and it works out great, but need a help. For the CE macro work out well, I have to switch off the autoattack of Claw off, because it will give ghoul GCD and he wont explode, so i know about people binding the Claw to main strikes (IT, PS, SS). Is there any way to do a macro that tells my ghoul to use Claw ability to his actual target (not mine target or focus target)? Something like

/cast Scourge Strike
/cast [target=pettarget] Claw

Atm I am using a macro that tells my ghoul to use Claw on focus target, but that does not allow me enough mobility.
PS: Switching off auto-Claw is a great way to have insta gnaw and allows you using CE that realy improves the bad burst state of DKs in which we are right now.
Edit: Btw, im not quite sure if its okay to post this to the Amigos thread, but lets hope he wont get mad at me because of that.

Should work, have you tried it?

I don't have any macros for turning claw off/on myself and CE rarely fucks up, guess I'm lucky. Binding Claw to main abilities IS going to fuck you though over since normally it never goes below 30 energy for Gnaw but it will if you have Claw in macros.
Author of Gladius

#52 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Should work, have you tried it?

I don't have any macros for turning claw off/on myself and CE rarely fucks up, guess I'm lucky. Binding Claw to main abilities IS going to fuck you though over since normally it never goes below 30 energy for Gnaw but it will if you have Claw in macros.

Didnt try, i just though about it when was posting it (should have apply rule to think before post) and ye, you are correct. If i bind the claw to IT PS or SS it would pretty much screw it. Why i want to switch claw off is because it gives GCD so cant use gnaw or corpse explosion instantly (try it yourself, its realy huge difference).

#53 Guest_Amig0_*

Guest_Amig0_*

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Didnt try, i just though about it when was posting it (should have apply rule to think before post) and ye, you are correct. If i bind the claw to IT PS or SS it would pretty much screw it. Why i want to switch claw off is because it gives GCD so cant use gnaw or corpse explosion instantly (try it yourself, its realy huge difference).

Considering the minimal difference it would make, why not just use this:

#show corpse explosion
/cast [target=pet] corpse explosion
/petpassive

#54 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

#show corpse explosion
/petpassive

this is supposed to stop corpse explosion from not working because of GCD correct? if not, is there a macro for that cause im having that problem on my dk
mad

#55 Guest_Amig0_*

Guest_Amig0_*

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:34 AM

this is supposed to stop corpse explosion from not working because of GCD correct? if not, is there a macro for that cause im having that problem on my dk

Well is it the pet GCD that causes the corpse explosion bug?

If it's just the pet GCD and not yours, then yes it will completely stop the pet from doing anything other than casting corpse explosion.

#56 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

Well is it the pet GCD that causes the corpse explosion bug?

If it's just the pet GCD and not yours, then yes it will completely stop the pet from doing anything other than casting corpse explosion.

pretty sure its the pet gcd, ill update if it glitches after using this
mad

#57 Stosh52

Stosh52
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

Really like the shadowfiend thing.

#58 Noon3

Noon3
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

Add to FAQ: Blood Boil used at the right time will cancel out or intermediately break Vanish/Invis, use Taunt on healers as they are about to go behind a pillar - odds are they've already been out of combat for 3+seconds and want to drink, also use Taunt to keep rogues in combat while putting pressure on someone else.

And hi Amigo, nice thread!

#59 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

#show corpse explosion
/petpassive

I use the same macro without the /petpassive part and it works okay, i just have to watch for GCD of pet (so i got claw usage on the macro mentioned above).

#60 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

might want to include the gargoyle attack target in the guide.

/petfollow
/petattack

In order for gargoyle to attack your current target. Without pet follow, you can't control it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<