Photo

How to [properly] gear for DISPEL CLEAVE (no PvE)

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#1 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

As someone who has been carried by double healer line-ups since the dawn of time, I had to post this in a new thread because I've been reading terrifying misinformation lately. Unless this resilience change is worse than I thought, here is how you gear :warrior::priest: and:paladin: for DISPEL CLEAVE without raiding. I may switch some of the 264 Emblem offpieces for PvP offpieces once they're released.

:priest: http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20723024
^That's how you gem for mp5. Switch wand and offhand based on opponents.

:paladin:http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722839
Nobody gives a fuck about paladins.

Strength:warrior:http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722851

ArP:warrior:http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722857

I'm leaning towards a Strength build based on:

-ArP proc trinkets might as well be considered out of date if str/sword outperforms them on plate.
-Gemming ArP with a non-ArP proc trinket is worthless unless you have a DBW. It appears that ArP is under 1 SEP until about.. 75% total ArP and then only better against plate.

People think that double healer will be a stronger line-up as games last longer with the resilience change. I disagree and here's my reasoning:

DISPEL CLEAVE seems to become better as gear inflates (see S3, S4, and S7 for reference). Earlier seasons were not as plagued by double healers because you didn't have warriors who could run around 2 shotting shit with ridiculous gear scaling.

A lot of people are seeing the resilience changes the wrong way. With the resilience change, the strength of resilience has increased so that you will want to stack more of it, not less. Basically, it has made all pvp gear better in comparison to PvE gear, so why on earth healers are considering stacking less resilience is beyond me. With the gear inflation, you'll just get gibbed if you use any less resilience than you're currently using.

x2
With your single DPSer less likely to shit all over the other team and the relative power of PvE gear in PvP diminishing (that's a good thing for the game, but a nerf to this comp) I think that double healer set-ups, especially the PvE geared ones, will be weaker overall but remain very viable.

****Update****Update****Update****Update****Update****Update****Update****Update

So we've started playing out the season and have had a pretty decent start with a few coordination issues that are holding us back.

More importantly, I've updated the initial post with profiles based on the available S8 gear my impressions on how this comp will function in S8.

Notable change: I've made some changes to incorporate haste into the Disc priest profile.

http://www.wowhead.c...23024#inventory
http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722839
http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722857

Remember that these profiles are profiles designed for the non-raider. If you're a turbonerd dragonslayer, then you should try to mix some of your geek gear in as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

I don't want to see any more of this comp than i already have. Please just don't post about it.

PLEASE :( :(
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

I know. I didn't want to make another thread, but the things I've read in the others are just wacky. Also, LOL if you're using hit offpieces.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

I hate Blizzard for not releasing S8 gear yet, can't play with Chardev before next season :(

Anyways, I'd get 6% hit to reduce RNG; I'd also drop 1 point in Grace/Renewed Hope to get full Enlightenment and drop Inspiration to get Absolution.
Gemming wise I'd drop some mp5 to get more hit and get some haste (yes you want haste even playing double healer) but that's just personnal preference.

#5 Wram

Wram
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Im very worried about next season talents:

If we are going to wear spirit set (and haste offpieces), we will have around 11% crit.
I cant think about divine aegis like a good spent talent points.
Nor inspiration.

Only 1 of 10 fucking heals will proc a shield that would be like 1500 or 750 on a mortal'd target (5k penance crits). And we put 3 fucking talents on it. And another 3 for inspiration, only profitable against melee or purgue spam.

Can someone convince me by numbers or argue, PLZ?

(I did some of them but didnt work)
!:priest: Downfall

#6 Descartes

Descartes
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

I know. I didn't want to make another thread, but the things I've read in the others are just wacky. Also, LOL if you're using hit offpieces.

:confused: With the amount of dispelling wouldn't you say 1-2 Hit pieces are nice!? Frustrating to miss when you're about to get that kill.

Also What do you think about mixing haste/spirit off pieces? Even without a solace I liked having around 250-300 haste personally. (Nobody on our team has any pve gear QQ)

#7 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Gem your hit brosephski. That way you can switch your offpieces.

And for this comp I'd much rather miss a Shadow Word:Happy because of low haste rather than going oom versus a team. Perhaps with a Solace I'll feel comfortable with less mp5 in other gear slots, but all signs suggest otherwise.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Wram

Wram
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hi, anyone here?:confused:
!:priest: Downfall

#9 Descartes

Descartes
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

Protecting your sacred shield/buffs with dispel trash is worth the divine aegis imo, and there are many melee teams that train you so I personally get 2/3 inspiration.

#10 cwantom

cwantom
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

I have no idea why you haven't specced "Absolution"...

Dispeling is what you do in that setup atleast from my experience and I've played it a lot!

Also I haven't specced Inspiration and Divine Aegis...
OK with inspiration but not Divine Aegies when you have around 12% crit chance...

Edit
This is how I've specced
http://www.wowhead.c...uIGVRIofbRtfVzo

Using 1 in blessed Recovery for dispel protection, Full in grace for dispel protection aswell.
Posted Image

#11 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

This is how I've specced
http://www.wowhead.c...uIGVRIofbRtfVzo

Using 1 in blessed Recovery for dispel protection, Full in grace for dispel protection aswell.

Blessed Recovery was changed several patches ago to be physical rather than magic. In other words, it doesn't serve as dispel fodder anymore, and is more useless than ever :)

Blessed Recovery

#12 Voxvicious

Voxvicious
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:32 AM

last i checked solace was from pve

#13 Blessox

Blessox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

When u said only pvp gear, first thing i thought was "no solace!", nvm...

#14 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

last i checked solace was from pve

Switch it to Purified Lunar Dust and you're golden. I didn't change it because that's what I'll be using. I figured people would know how to change one trinket slot themselves, but I should have known better.

Also, the talent specs are not finalized. Those profiles are just to display gear obtainable without PvEing and, above all, how to gem as a priest.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 hotspot

hotspot
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

i think just no one cares
Posted Image

#16 Namakaokahai

Namakaokahai
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

:paladin:http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20722839
Nobody gives a fuck about paladins.

i lold so hard at that ilu achuu best black

#17 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

i think just no one cares

Posted Image

If anyone knows that it's you!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 cwantom

cwantom
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Blessed Recovery was changed several patches ago to be physical rather than magic. In other words, it doesn't serve as dispel fodder anymore, and is more useless than ever :)

Blessed Recovery

After testing can I say that it is a magical debuff and not a physical...

You can dispel it and therefor I'll use it for dispelprotection
Posted Image

#19 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

After testing can I say that it is a magical debuff and not a physical...

You can dispel it and therefor I'll use it for dispelprotection

screenshot or it didnt happen

#20 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

Switch it to Purified Lunar Dust and you're golden. I didn't change it because that's what I'll be using. I figured people would know how to change one trinket slot themselves, but I should have known better.

Also, the talent specs are not finalized. Those profiles are just to display gear obtainable without PvEing and, above all, how to gem as a priest.

Alright Achuu, I have a solace and 60 frost badges, should I buy the cloak or get the lunar dust?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<