#1 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

Rank 1 List by BG - including number of teams per BG and how many players on each BG.

Class Breakdown for Rank 1 - separate US and EU numbers.
US
3v3
:hunter: 6 - 9%
Total: 64 RGlads
5v5
:hunter: 5 - 6%
Total: 83 RGlads
Grand Total 3v3/5v5: 147

EU
3v3
:hunter: 6 - 6%
Total: 101 RGlads
5v5
:hunter: 13 - 10.5%
Total: 122 RGlads
Grand Total 3v3/5v5: 223
(All credit to Chaimer for researching the numbers)

Combined US+EU class breakdown
3v3
:hunter: 6+6 = 12 - 7,3%
Total: 64+101 = 165 RGlads
5v5
:hunter: 5+13 = 18 - 8,8%
Total: 83+122 = 205 RGlads

Grand Total 3v3/5v5: 370
(Credit to Nat for putting the numbers together)

Of course, these numbers could drastically change when you expand this to all Gladiators (once that data's available), but we can at least start to see the big picture when we look at rank 1 teams.

----

As most of you could probably guess, we're the most popular MS class in 5v5. Given the fact that we can apply it at range, Hunters have been the go to "MS Bot" in 5v5 for several seasons. Shamans have high 5v5 representation for a similar reason (Bloodlust), though since their spell is even more mandatory than a ranged MS, you can see how ridiculously disparate their 3v3 and 5v5 representation is.

Despite claims of how dominant Beastcleave and Prot War/Hunter were in S7, we see Hunters at a respectable 7.7% in 3v3, tied with Shamans and Druids for 7th-9th place (poor :deathknight:).

Rogues, Mages, AND Priests are all significantly higher. In fact, Hunters are the least represented MS class AND pure DPS class (2nd least if you only count the 4 healing classes as Hybrids and count Tank/DPS classes as Pure for PVP purposes) in 3v3 RGlads.

So, what are your thoughts on Hunter representation among the Relentless Glads?

----------------

Edit:
Some people are getting the wrong idea. I'm not fishing for buffs at all. This topic is about having a discussion, not whining. I think Hunters are VERY viable right now. The points I make above are simply there to try to counter the narrow-minded "Omg I lost to more than 1 Hunter in a season, nerf them" views that a lot of people have. In particular, if you check out the 2nd thread that I linked, there are some people acting like we have some ridiculously high representation, or are back to our "S5 levels."

I don't think Hunters need to be buffed at all, the only thing I'd change about the class (besides minor downward number tweaks) are BUG FIXES on a lot of our abilities. Bugs that conflict with the playability of the class (Auto Shot stuck on a different target, Master's Call unusable at times, Pets stuck on RoV, Traps not getting Spell Pen, etc), not bugs that would result in a major buff when fixed (remember what Blizzard said when they proposed that Vanish fix, the one that gave you a 1 second immunity when entering stealth, where no attack could break stealth, which they pulled from the PTR build before going live).
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#2 ephex

ephex
  • Iunchlady
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

My thoughts are that you are trying to hard to make constructive posts for rep tbh
TEAM OF GLADIATORS
"Not only am I now a better poster, but a better person."
-Amigo卍

#3 Kamper

Kamper
  • Junkies

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

If anything hunters are becoming OP with the massive stat gains. There are several comps imo in 3v3 that are r1 worthy. Lock /hunter/druid, Hpal/hunter/lock, Priest/ret/hunter and the more apparant ones such as teaming with prots and beastcleave.

I think representation is fine and if anything the class is overtuned with the possible comps it can run.

#4 Ahti

Ahti
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2030
  • RBG: 1452

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

I honestly think that the pooling data is way too small to make any kind of conclusion. Keep in mind that Rank 1 sharing only skewered the numbers even more.

With that aside, I'm fine with looking like we're middle of the pack. Even if we look to be behind warriors/rogues, I don't think the hunter class is missing the damage or tools to get rank 1 in any BG, like you might say a DK is.
Posted Image

#5 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

seems like hunters is kind of balanced overall, tho i must admit there's alot of things they should maybe change about hunters..
abit less dmg (which comes with the patch) and then fix our traps etc would be nice!

#6 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

I honestly think that the pooling data is way too small to make any kind of conclusion. Keep in mind that Rank 1 sharing only skewered the numbers even more.

With that aside, I'm fine with looking like we're middle of the pack. Even if we look to be behind warriors/rogues, I don't think the hunter class is missing the damage or tools to get rank 1 in any BG, like you might say a DK is.

Yea I guess I should have been a little more specific in my post. I think we're fine too, I don't think we need to be buffed at all, just bug fixes to improve the QUALITY OF PLAY (a.k.a. FUN, not STRENGTH) in Arena.

I put the bits in about Hybrid classes because people seem to think Hunters are going to be at 20% representation or something this season, and we need to be nerfed into the ground. I'm just defending our status quo. :)

My thoughts are that you are trying to hard to make constructive posts for rep tbh

This topic isn't about being constructive for rep, it's about having a discussion about my favorite class with other people that play the same class (that's why it's in the HUNTER forum). Now shoo.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#7 Nabla

Nabla
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

You think you don't need to be buffed at all ?
Glad to hear that lol... hunter is op right now. Nerf their damage especially on cloth, maybe their utility (maybe not).
It's like the only class that does almost unhealable damage alone.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 krymme

krymme
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

hunters are fine

#9 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Glad to hear that lol... hunter is op right now. Nerf their damage especially on cloth, maybe their utility (maybe not).

Ele shamans, Warlocks, Warriors, Rogues all do unhealable damage if they are left alone.

#10 Tixo

Tixo
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents:

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

Yeah 4 mages in RMP... and ???

@TE interersting stuff thx ;)

Hunter is fine

#11 Nabla

Nabla
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

Ele shamans, Warlocks, Warriors, Rogues all do unhealable damage if they are left alone.

It's different, ele shamans and locks can burst your face hard, and it's retarded. However, if you somehow survive, you get healed back to full.

Rogue damage doesn't feel as high as warriors and hunters.

Warriors do have very high damage but are really easier to control.

Anyway I don't care about other classes I'm talking about hunters.
I know that when a hunter is on me, my priest just cant heal me back up even tho he's spamming heals on me. It's like not as bursty as a shaman, but it's just unhealable, and if I get in kill shot range its over. I don't mind hunters countering mages, but damage is just too high.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Juggen

Juggen
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

I know that when a hunter is on me, my priest just cant heal me back up even tho he's spamming heals on me. It's like not as bursty as a shaman, but it's just unhealable, and if I get in kill shot range its over. I don't mind hunters countering mages, but damage is just too high.

Stop whining. Hunters are OK for now. just some fixes on some bugs.

#13 Getrugged

Getrugged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

It's different, ele shamans and locks can burst your face hard, and it's retarded. However, if you somehow survive, you get healed back to full.

Rogue damage doesn't feel as high as warriors and hunters.

Warriors do have very high damage but are really easier to control.

a mage ignoring statistics and crying about hunters.... I NEVER SAW THIS ONE COMING !!!
The hunter formerly known as Magecrusher <3

#14 supm8

supm8
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ahn'Qiraj
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

That's bad?

#15 Atraille

Atraille
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

a mage ignoring statistics and crying about hunters.... I NEVER SAW THIS ONE COMING !!!

These statistics are mostly useless.

You can't use such a small pool of information, especially information that's skewed by title sharing.

Maybe, top 10 would be a better indicator... but looking at gladiators overall might be best.

But seriously, these statistics really are pretty much useless.

Pretty much, hunters deal way too much damage with their MS.

I do retarded damage too, but I don't have the blanket silence, it's easier to lock me down, and if I don't get the kill the target just gets healed to full.

#16 Getrugged

Getrugged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

These statistics are mostly useless.

You can't use such a small pool of information, especially information that's skewed by title sharing.

Maybe, top 10 would be a better indicator... but looking at gladiators overall might be best.

But seriously, these statistics really are pretty much useless.

Pretty much, hunters deal way too much damage with their MS.

I do retarded damage too, but I don't have the blanket silence, it's easier to lock me down, and if I don't get the kill the target just gets healed to full.

EVERY single class does too much damage when left alone. This is wotlk. Rogues, Warriors, Warlocks, Ele's, Hunters, Spriests, Boomkins, Ferals, etc all do OP damage. Im sure gladiator representation will have roughly the same statistics, and when it does, i will have nothing left to say, the statistics will do the talking for me

#17 Zoltån

Zoltån
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

hunters are fine

QFT this game is/has/will always be unabalanced and hunters are not one of those things that we could call balance atm***NOT SAYING HUNTERS ARE MOST OP*** in b4 all the flameing I think hunters damage needs to be toned down on leather/cloth and increased by a small interval on mail+plate+druids
Spoiler

Drug and Pharmaceuticals expert Zoltang will uncover this mystery

Zoltang #1 rogue and #1 raver

#18 Getrugged

Getrugged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

QFT this game is/has/will always be unabalanced and hunters are not one of those things that we could call balance atm***NOT SAYING HUNTERS ARE MOST OP*** in b4 all the flameing I think hunters damage needs to be toned down on leather/cloth and increased by a small interval on mail+plate+druids

this would be nice, i just dont trust blizzard on doing that. If we were survival instead of MM, it'd be the other way around. Our damage on plate would be really high whilst our damage on cloth/leather would suck. But yeh, due to MM being a physical damage based spec which scales off gear and weapon upgrades the most, it just means cloth/leather is fucked while we tickle plate/shielded targets. And stacking ARP doesant work for us either as MM, so our terrible damage on plate/high armour targets will never be solved unless we get a tree overhaul. Bad design by blizzard really =/

#19 Zoltån

Zoltån
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

will never be solved unless we get a tree overhaul. Bad design by blizzard really =/

I know what you mean waiting for cata where I don't have to use 1 cookie cutter spec and have more specs to play
Spoiler

Drug and Pharmaceuticals expert Zoltang will uncover this mystery

Zoltang #1 rogue and #1 raver

#20 Loincloth

Loincloth
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

I really hope they dont screw up the whole mana -> focus thing >_< one thing is for sure though if that is where we are headed hunter playstyle will change dramatically.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<