#21 Totempoke

Totempoke
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

More then likely going Crit Main set , and mp5 off set pieces with mp5 shield and weapon .

I enjoy crit heals ever since they buffed Ancestral Healing talent in the resto tree to reduce physical damage taken instead of just armor :)

#22 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

Im gonna go with 2/3 for extra 100 resilience, and then full mp5 offpieces.

I am thinking to go haste dagger instead of mp5 mace tho. not sure about it yet.

#23 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

More then likely going Crit Main set , and mp5 off set pieces with mp5 shield and weapon .

I enjoy crit heals ever since they buffed Ancestral Healing talent in the resto tree to reduce physical damage taken instead of just armor :)

Its just, its mainly warriors that does physical dmg ONLY, that you want to reduce.

I'd rather want those 13k healing waves through mortal strike on my warlock, than having my LHW crit 7k.

Ever since i switched from LHW to HW ive been much better at healing, because i know i can let someone drop to 50% before i NEED to heal, if the damage is not BLOW-UP like. gives me an extra tick from drinking or something.

#24 Totempoke

Totempoke
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

Its just, its mainly warriors that does physical dmg ONLY, that you want to reduce.

I'd rather want those 13k healing waves through mortal strike on my warlock, than having my LHW crit 7k.

Ever since i switched from LHW to HW ive been much better at healing, because i know i can let someone drop to 50% before i NEED to heal, if the damage is not BLOW-UP like. gives me an extra tick from drinking or something.

Hunters damage I find just as ridiculous as warriors , since I play with a mage and a warlock the physical damage reduction is nice.

Warriors rape Warlocks
Hunters rape mages

so the 10% less physical damage taken is quite nice depending on what team we fight .

Also , this is the build Im thinking about going next season (too bad they dont have wrathful gear out ) - This is basically the gear I would have used this season if ICC was out earlier :(

http://chardev.org/?profile=340276

Resilience - 1102
HP - 24.6k
Mana - 19.8k
Mp5 - 237 (while casting w/o Water shield)
Crit - 22.22%
Spell Pen - 104
Haste - 79
Healing - 3036
Hit - 110 (4.19% - going dranaei next season so 5.19% hit for me :) )

^This is completely unbuffed^

This is the set up I would run playing a 2 dps/1 healer comp (especially Spellcleave variants)

However , this season its a close call going between mp5 and crit , as I will be running double healer warrior (shaman/warrior/paladin) . The mp5 is beautiful for double healer warrior , however the crit for Ancestral Healing can prove to be useful too (since paladins dont have a talent like that in there tree).
And mana shouldn't be much of an issue with kings/mana spring totem/water shield .

I also am considering gemming/gearing for haste for double healer warriors , it would make my gcds much more faster (purges/decurses/HEALING).

We'll have to see :D

#25 Casta

Casta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

Went full crit mainset S7 and farmed both offsets - was perfectly content with it. Did end up getting a solace but I hardly ever used it. I think it's the way to go if you think there's even a slight chance u might end up playing ele. If I knew I'd never want to play ele, I'd prolly go with full mp5 though, especially when resi changes might make games a bit longer.

Still, most of the resto comps aren't really meant for long games. Can't recall many times where we'd lose a game cos I went oom but I can recall games that we lost cos I didn't have enough throughput. Go figure. :s

#26 Totempoke

Totempoke
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Went full crit mainset S7 and farmed both offsets - was perfectly content with it. Did end up getting a solace but I hardly ever used it. I think it's the way to go if you think there's even a slight chance u might end up playing ele. If I knew I'd never want to play ele, I'd prolly go with full mp5 though, especially when resi changes might make games a bit longer.

Still, most of the resto comps aren't really meant for long games. Can't recall many times where we'd lose a game cos I went oom but I can recall games that we lost cos I didn't have enough throughput. Go figure. :s

thats how I felt , I mean crit is still rng (luck) . However , 95% of the the games my team lost wasn't because of mana issues (at least on my part). It was because my mage ran out of mana , or somone died because I (like you said) didnt have the healing output , or I was in a CC when someone died .Very very rarely did we ever lose because of mana .

I hate rng as much as the next guy , but when you don't have problems with mana (within your comp) might as well pick up crit to help offensive spells (if you are like me ;) ) like lava burst to assist damage or to have that nice RNG crit hw for 9k with MS up that could save you or your team :)

#27 Zasmuu

Zasmuu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

And what about hast ?
That was the gear I used at the end of s7 playing rls around 2600.

Totally unbuff :

sp : 3113
hit : 110 (4.19%) (should i go 5% ?)
spell pene : 100
crit : 24.08 %
hast : 57
regen while casting : 213
health : 24 870
mana : 18 831
rési : 1122

I think that I will get something like 200 hast +, 22% critz and then full mp5, just want to know if i should get 5% hit ?

just want to add something : i like to have the max ilevel i can, that's why i used a pve ring instead of the furious and the résil trinket which is 226 ivlel whereas the spell power trinket is 213.

#28 Zephron

Zephron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

Could you just go 4 Piece MP5 main set / 1 Crit main set + crit off set? That would work to if your running spell cleaves, which is what im goin to do on my shaman. Just not sure on the gear to use, going to run MLS.
:hunter: skill level brah>all classes

Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.

#29 Flesseck

Flesseck
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

With the resil buff, I'm now leaning towards going crit mainset like others with maybe 1 or 2 piece PvE, and MP5 offset for some more longevity.

#30 Wastelol

Wastelol
  • Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Its between:

Full mp5 Main and Off.

5/5 Mp5 mainset/Crit off with Badge belt

Orr try some crazy haste shit.
:shaman:

seraphine your such a fucked up turbonerd bitch ass virgin stop posting on OT or ima cut your head off and pee in the hole

http://www.gifsoup.c....php?id=1340373

#31 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Would like to try something like this for a haste set. (Used realistic pve pieces for me, could sub in the hardmode stuff if you raid regularly.)

http://chardev.org/?profile=345398

Otherwise I'll probably go crit main and mp5 offset.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#32 zhecar

zhecar
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dethecus
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

I read sometimes "considering resilience buff, i'm going for crit"

Care to elaborate?
My logic is: resilience buff = longer games = more mp5

Am I mistaken?
:priest:

#33 Wastelol

Wastelol
  • Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

Care to elaborate?

Am I mistaken?

i also was wondering this \o/

seraphine your such a fucked up turbonerd bitch ass virgin stop posting on OT or ima cut your head off and pee in the hole

http://www.gifsoup.c....php?id=1340373

#34 Saracens

Saracens
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Care to elaborate?

Am I mistaken?

But the games would be longer and more spread out which would be less healing intensive.

Either way fail logic both ways.
Posted Image
Formerly Adori of Cho'gall.

#35 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Full mp5 worked best for me.
Posted Image

#36 Zephron

Zephron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

ya i wanna try full mp5 i mean if you have like 3300 SP buffed your heals should be great and you wont go oom cause you have a crap load of mp5 =o with full s8 gear.
:hunter: skill level brah>all classes

Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.

#37 Flesseck

Flesseck
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Care to elaborate?

Am I mistaken?

Ah, sorry...my reasoning was that I would wear more PvE gear because of the resilience buff which should hopefully have enough mp5 for me.

#38 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

with the resillience buff what are people thinking about 3pvp/2pve for the +20% casting speed ? very useful thing and you'll still be at 950+ resi , more depending on wich trinkets you use and how you socket.

thoughts ?

#39 Drye

Drye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2176

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

i thought about this too, only problem beeing, that any serious shaman will buy haste/crit/sp pieces first, so youll end up with t10 shoulders an helmet or chest. maybe a lack of mp5 will result, but with the rest being mp5 parts, mp5 should be ok. socketing may result in sp/resil, sp, resil. the new insignia with 15x resil will be the standart insignia i guess, as i haven't heard of new wintergrasp ones, so i don't mind the resilience loss of the 2 lost pvp pieces
Posted Image

#40 Ohyi

Ohyi
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

going for sp/sta with mp5/s offset
splay if they are up for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic