Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Only time/place I think flare is a little broken is when you are fighting some sort of hunter zerg comp, i.e., prot(ret or war) hunter/healer, dk/hunter/healer etc., on dalaran arena. Especially for my team, which is double stealth (rogue/feral/disc), we cannot get any sort of opener at all, they charge through the middle and flare the stairs, and it is 100% impossible for the rogue to get an opener, and if I, the feral, want to even bother with a pounce I have to waste my feral charge to get up top without going through the flare. They need to rethink the choke point effect of those stairs with flare, as if the hunter charges, and places it properly, no rogue can get any opener without running all the way around the arena.

#43 Dhbx

Dhbx
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

I think flare could be reworked a little bit, but I don't think its the easiest task to do without making it pretty retarded.

Mainly on blade's edge it seems like it's impossible to get a sap off if they are in the middle of the bridge ( sure you can go around ) but Im mainly talking the width of the bridge and the radius of the flare is just plain out stupid. Half the time if I go to attempt to walk around the flare ill fail or either walk off the bridge by accident.

Maybe throw the cooldown of flare for a few second's shorter then the duration so it's not constantly up? but then you could just AOE for the so called 5 seconds that flares on cooldown which would pretty much do the same result.

#44 Wckedz

Wckedz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1149
  • 3v3: 1883
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

It is an outdated mechanic and needs to be reworked.

#45 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

It is an outdated mechanic and needs to be reworked.

I agree, one thing that they could do rather easily would be to make the animation alot clearer. As it is, sometimes I will be standing outside the visible radius of the flare, and be hit out.

#46 Bendz

Bendz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

The easiest fix and maybe also most important fix that I can think of atm would be to simply make the graphics show up faster. Atm it takes like 3-4 seconds from a flare is cast before the actual flare graphics appear on the ground. Since the flare effect is instant while the graphics are delayed it simply means that even though one can't see the flare (other than the projectile in the air and it's direction) the rogue would still be taken out of stealth even though there's no flare graphics displayed yet. In other words the first 3-4 seconds of a flare which is currently "invisible" would be made visible by simply reducing the travel time of the projectile, or just remove the travel time completely.

#47 vakerik

vakerik
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

I just wish it wouldn't let me vanish while I was on it, like Faerie Fire, so I could mash it after leaving while waiting for the debuff to drop.

#48 Thakeelol

Thakeelol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

flare is overpowered on its current state, it was thought for when hunters got trained to shit by rogues on vanilla, on TBC they still needed it as their dmg was really low so they needed control.

Nowadays, however, a hunter team can faceroll a rogue as easily as flare/frosttrap, and let the main target of the rogue kite him thanks to master's call ( all these 3 skills by a same target and look the gamebreak... 3 skills combined that just leave you out of the game as unavoidable CC ), basically good teams who stay on frost trap & flare just train you down, as without vanish, our main and "only" CD with relevance, ( since evasion kinda sucks vs hunters, and sprint is good but doesn't help the fact we're on frost trap and theyre running away ), the nuke to a rogue who 's staying on flare is UBER, he cant avoid it anykind, only with CLOS.

Yes I think flare is completely out of date, as nowadays hunters>rogues , however its avoidable with skill and some luck as you can sprint in on the flare terrain and take a sap, ( which's much worse situation for them, than what's for you standing in a flare.) Salutes.

#49 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

I just wish it wouldn't let me vanish while I was on it, like Faerie Fire, so I could mash it after leaving while waiting for the debuff to drop.

The game playing for you! Who doesn't want this!

P.S. If you see a hunter in the street try not to make eye contact. If you accidentally meet his gaze, try standing still, if my theories are correct and hunters in fact share 68.4% of their DNA with the T-rex, he won't be able to see you and you may avoid attack.

Spoiler

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

the coolest part about flare is how you can't even see where it is until it hits the ground =/

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#51 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

the coolest part about flare is how you can't even see where it is until it hits the ground =/

You can judge where it's going to land pretty easily by looking at the missile bit :/

P.S. If you see a hunter in the street try not to make eye contact. If you accidentally meet his gaze, try standing still, if my theories are correct and hunters in fact share 68.4% of their DNA with the T-rex, he won't be able to see you and you may avoid attack.

Spoiler

#52 Sunz

Sunz
  • Sunzqt
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

flare is overpowered on its current state, it was thought for when hunters got trained to shit by rogues on vanilla, on TBC they still needed it as their dmg was really low so they needed control.

Nowadays, however, a hunter team can faceroll a rogue as easily as flare/frosttrap, and let the main target of the rogue kite him thanks to master's call ( all these 3 skills by a same target and look the gamebreak... 3 skills combined that just leave you out of the game as unavoidable CC ), basically good teams who stay on frost trap & flare just train you down, as without vanish, our main and "only" CD with relevance, ( since evasion kinda sucks vs hunters, and sprint is good but doesn't help the fact we're on frost trap and theyre running away ), the nuke to a rogue who 's staying on flare is UBER, he cant avoid it anykind, only with CLOS.

Yes I think flare is completely out of date, as nowadays hunters>rogues , however its avoidable with skill and some luck as you can sprint in on the flare terrain and take a sap, ( which's much worse situation for them, than what's for you standing in a flare.) Salutes.

quite funny read tbh,specially the bolded part made me lol hard. with the phase of games these days rogue should be fine if you dont overlap ur cds and dont prep before second evasion.

ur just bad >.<
Posted Image

#53 vakerik

vakerik
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

The game playing for you! Who doesn't want this!

If it went away when I left the radius I wouldn't mind, but since I can't know when it's actually gonna work from a bug it seems like a fair change and a useful tradeoff. I think they recentlyish made you unable to use WotF while Death Coiled? Same thing.

And, ^^ you're kidding right? You think evasion is good vs. hunters? If it does anything noticeable, we're lucky. Who though it just being 25% was fair.

If only it was possible to vanish with a hunter shooting you, too, but every arrow will break it...

/whine

#54 Odyzzle

Odyzzle
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

It's pretty funny how all rogues think evasion sucks against hunters and all hunters think evasion is amazing against hunters.

Playing my hunter I feel like evasion totally screws me.

I think it's because the rogues tend to only remember the times they pop evasion and then die 5 seconds later because all the shots landed, and the hunters only remember the times when we get 3 consecutive misses and do no damage.

A lot of our burst comes from chimera and aimed shot being used back to back, and when one of them misses (which happens 50% of the time with evasion up) the hunter feels like his damage is really lacking. It's also really memorable when a rogue gets low and then Aimed Shot misses and he gets healed to full.

I know 2s is irrelevant now but I practically never target rogues on double dps teams anymore. So many bad memories of unloading my burst and seeing 2+ misses, resulting in hardly any damage :(

#55 Shinz

Shinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

I don't really mind flare, since 9/10 of the hunters don't even mind putting it back up, because they're to busy with doing something else more important.

I mean, why should they stop a rogue from vanishing... :rolleyes:

or hit mutilate

shit was hard with like the 3 cooldowns rogues hard.... should i cloak the chaosbolt or lava burst

Cloaking chaosbolts all day err'day

#56 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

..(which happens 50% of the time with evasion up)..

Math bro.

31.25% that at least one of two shots will Miss.
18.75% that both will Miss.

Stay in skool.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.

#57 Souch

Souch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kalecgos
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

Math bro.

31.25% that at least one of two shots will Miss.
18.75% that both will Miss.

Stay in skool.

How do you get 31%? Evasion is 25% :|

#58 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

Read his post.
"Atleast ONE OF TWO will miss".

Spoiler

#59 wizrobelol

wizrobelol

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

the same goes for frost trap as well as desecration

Neither of which cost me my opener.

what are you on about noob?

when i'm not in animal form i can get sheeped. did you ebay or something? seriously?

scrap that stupidest thing i have ever done was beaching a jet boat with some friends because we tried to go to mcdonalds on the beach and figured they must have a "boat thru"

:warrior:

#60 Fallen

Fallen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd

qft !