Rathex
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 957

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

I know rogues are constantly QQ'ing but to be totally honest, flare seems a bit overpowered vs. rogues. Not only can flare be used the entire length of an arena without fear of cooldown, but the range is fairly significant (especially when the flare goes off and covers all the area under its arc). My thinking is something along the lines of Consume Shadows where flare wouldn't break stealth but instead drastically increase stealth detection. Perhaps increasing the radius of flare would balance a change.

But to sit on top of flare for an entire game and prevent a rogue from using his class-defining ability (vanish/stealth) seems QQ'able.

DON'T HATE ME BROZ!

#2 wizrobelol

wizrobelol

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

I don't mind flare if it wasn't for the fact that the debuff lasts for like 5 seconds after leaving flare radius.

what are you on about noob?

when i'm not in animal form i can get sheeped. did you ebay or something? seriously?

scrap that stupidest thing i have ever done was beaching a jet boat with some friends because we tried to go to mcdonalds on the beach and figured they must have a "boat thru"

:warrior:

#3 Calbrena

Calbrena
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I don't mind flare if it wasn't for the fact that the debuff lasts for like 5 seconds after leaving flare radius.

this^

^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#4 Lulu

Lulu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

I think flare is fine. You can pull off sap for exapmle w/o trouble. One thing, after you leave its radius the debuff stays for a good amount of time. It's not a flare bug btw, dececration, frost trap and other stuff are working the same way.

#5 Hallontagg

Hallontagg
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

I know rogues are constantly QQ'ing but to be totally honest, flare seems a bit overpowered vs. rogues. Not only can flare be used the entire length of an arena without fear of cooldown, but the range is fairly significant (especially when the flare goes off and covers all the area under its arc). My thinking is something along the lines of Consume Shadows where flare wouldn't break stealth but instead drastically increase stealth detection. Perhaps increasing the radius of flare would balance a change.

But to sit on top of flare for an entire game and prevent a rogue from using his class-defining ability (vanish/stealth) seems QQ'able.

DON'T HATE ME BROZ!

This is where moving the fight comes into play, if you can drag the hunter away from his newly placed flare he'll loose that advantage (and if he doesnt, well then you can keep him locked down). Considering that flare has already eaten loads of nerfs since vanilla and currently doesnt even provide a reliable defense against sap or being opened on i dont think its that bad. (btw, the cd=the duration, meaning that if the hunter is fighting its most likely going to drop a second or two at times since we have so much stuff we need to spend on our gcds).

#6 Rathex

Rathex
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 957

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

It seems all to often that I don't have the option of vanishing vs. high MMR hunter teams because while frost trap is down and a hunter gradually gains space between himself and me (either by hands of freedom / disengage / or simply running), if I ever were to vanish, they would have plenty of time to just flare again. Hunters have so many kiting capabilities, especially in 2s with less CC available to close range between myself and the hunter, that vs. an equal MMR hunter, I could easily get kited hard enough that I almost never touch the hunter.

#7 Stealth

Stealth
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

the only places i really hate flare is on the tomb in rol, where u can't even sprint+sap and even more in rov, where the flare covers 75% of the elevator...other than that i think it's kinda fine
Posted Image

#8 EpiTeK

EpiTeK
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

It seems all to often that I don't have the option of vanishing vs. high MMR hunter teams because while frost trap is down and a hunter gradually gains space between himself and me (either by hands of freedom / disengage / or simply running), if I ever were to vanish, they would have plenty of time to just flare again. Hunters have so many kiting capabilities, especially in 2s with less CC available to close range between myself and the hunter, that vs. an equal MMR hunter, I could easily get kited hard enough that I almost never touch the hunter.

You said the magic word ... 2s. They took of title from this bracket for a reason.
I are french!

#9 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd
화이팅

#10 Hallontagg

Hallontagg
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

i dont get how he'd gain distance by simply running (crippling and 15% move through talent>frost trap)? I can agree that hunters can kite rogues decently (esp if we get a freedom or you dont gouge/stun our master's call).

(If you´d see against a DK or warrior though we´re going to spend quite much time being humped in melee (due to them having so much gap closers compared to rogues)).

#11 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Im playing hunter myself, flare is fine but its stupid in dalaran and RoV arenas vs any stealthers.

#12 Offbalance

Offbalance
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

The ability itself I have no problem with, but the graphic needs work. I've got a nice computer with the graphics turned pretty much all the way up and still flare's actual radius is a mystery. If they could make it's area of effect more clear and decrease the travel time so you could tell where it's landing sooner I think there would be a lot less qq, and they've made similar changes to other spells like blizzard and spell reflect.

#13 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd

haha

#14 Dril

Dril
  • Junkies

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

personally i dont mind flare , you can work around it , hunters would get owned if they would get sap-cheap shotted on , but a stupid crab charging whenever your trying to run around flare in stealth trying to find an opener is lame, it shouldnt be possible that a hunter has flare & ontop of that he can see rogues fairly fast when the rogue doesnt go in instantly duo to having to circle around flare, the ammmount of times i've had a crappy opener just cuz my rogue gets charge-pin-zerged by a stupid scrab is just silly.

#15 Hallontagg

Hallontagg
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

personally i dont mind flare , you can work around it , hunters would get owned if they would get sap-cheap shotted on , but a stupid crab charging whenever your trying to run around flare in stealth trying to find an opener is lame, it shouldnt be possible that a hunter has flare & ontop of that he can see rogues fairly fast when the rogue doesnt go in instantly duo to having to circle around flare, the ammmount of times i've had a crappy opener just cuz my rogue gets charge-pin-zerged by a stupid scrab is just silly.

i totally understand where thats coming from, when i ran with crab in 3s i could get the rogue out almost every game. Still since hunters lack defenses (passive/active) we´re quite reliant on actually finding the rogue to not have to spend almost every cd due to the opener.

#16 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd

^

He was the last one that replied to it at the time, so the ss is hilarious. Would have been even funnier if he was the OP tho :P

#17 Stealth

Stealth
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

nah i dun do dis
Posted Image

#18 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

I don't know if you know this or not, but it is possible for a rogue to sap me in the middle of a flare. You lose your opener, but you do get the sap off and come out of stealth. I myself have a rogue and It might have something do to with latency being really low and a few other things.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#19 pomponius

pomponius

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

the same goes for frost trap as well as desecration

#20 Cryzz

Cryzz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

Flare is a counter yes, but it's not like prot warriors. It's simply another tool, but I have to agree that the mechanics are pretty lame. And some tweaking wouldn't be a bad idea.

I would like a new graphic and some time before the flare hits the ground (1-2sec isn't too much to ask for), they might as well up the duration and CD with ~5sec. This would probably mean that flares will be used more as Trap protection etc, instead of instantly counter vanish. The 5sec CD/Duration increase would make flare a bit more stationary, as a result thinking ahead might be a bigger factor.

Would this be a tweak or a big nerf? I'm not sure, would be great if someone could comment and give some feedback.

Cryzz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<