Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:18. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Warrior metagems and boot enchants

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ebene

Ebene
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scarlet Crusade
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

I am having trouble deciding on a metagem and boot enchant for my warrior. I primarily do 2v2 w/ a resto druid. I expected enigmatic skyfire diamond (12 crit and 5% snare and root resist) to be a very popular choice among warriors, but looking at several profiles I have not found any high ranked warriors that use it. Here are my options:

1) Surefooted/Enigmatic Skyfire: 9.75% snare and root resist (do these stack?), 12 crit, 10 hit.
2) Boar's Speed/Enigmatic Skyfire: 5% snare and root resist, 9 sta, 8% run speed.
3) Surefooted/Swift Skyfire: 5% snare and root resist, 10 hit, 24 AP, 8% run speed.
4) Boar's Speed/Potent Unstable: 5% stun reist, 27 STA, 8% run speed.

Remember, since I am focused on 2v2 with a resto druid, I have no way of getting rid of roots other than trinketing.

#2 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

Any of those options except Enigmatic+Surefooted, minor run speed is necessary.

I use Enigmatic/Boar's Speed, resisting a frost nova/root can be game-winning.

I see a lot of warriors go 12 agi/3% crit damage+Boar's speed as well as the ones you listed.

Anything works, as long as you keep run speed increase.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

#3 cauch

cauch
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:26 AM

I go with Swift Skyfire diamond (24AP + minorspeed) and Surefooted.
It's the best of the best available.

Don't overlook the 10hit you get from Surefooted. In full gladiator gear you'd be very close to a "no-miss" state with your specials. Therefore anything less means you will miss from time to time.

Nothing more devastating than missing a pummel, or an important execute, or a hamstring.. well any miss when wielding a big 2hander is devastating especially you're competing in 2v2.

#4 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:43 AM

Surefooted helps before you get 5/5 merc. When you have 5/5 and a weapon you will have roughly 95 hit rating, and surefooted wouldn't really help you.

Overall boars speed + 12 agi/3% crit damage is the best. It is pretty much a direct counter to 50? resilience. Snare resist meta + boars speed is nice, but it is still just a chance and most likely you'll have freedom or will get dispelled very quickly if you have a good pally/priest.

I did want to try a thundering skyfire diamond one day though (haste proc). When resil goes up once again during season 3, I feel that the majority of my DPS is from non crits, so stacking AP and haste effects would help a lot more. When I do crit though, it should hurt like hell.

#5 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

I tried the haste proc, it only lasts 6 seconds and has a 50 second-1 minute hidden cooldown. Not worth it.

Hunters

#6 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

I tried the haste proc, it only lasts 6 seconds and has a 50 second-1 minute hidden cooldown. Not worth it.

Well with 30% crit, reduced by 400 resil, you get 20% crit. and a 20% damage reduction from crits. Overall I think an extra swing of 1000 every minute or so would give you more DPS than what you can get from about 1% crit and 3% more crit damage. I think its like a 3-5 DPS increase with the crit gem compared to a 16 or so DPS increase from haste effects, that is if you aren't sheeped or novaed while it procs. Its honestly a toss up to me.

#7 cauch

cauch
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

Surefooted helps before you get 5/5 merc. When you have 5/5 and a weapon you will have roughly 95 hit rating, and surefooted wouldn't really help you.

Did you do the math? Cause I don't see how you get that number. Of course we're not talking 8-hit gems here.

When you have 5/5merc AND arena weapon you'd be at exactly 85hit (check Rhaegyn profile. helm has same hit with merc).

You WILL miss your specials with 84hit. Now if you're a blacksmith (no merc weapon) you'd be at 67hit in 5/5 merc and full pvp gear. You need the hit from surefooted, simple.

#8 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Did you do the math? Cause I don't see how you get that number. Of course we're not talking 8-hit gems here.

When you have 5/5merc AND arena weapon you'd be at exactly 85hit (check Rhaegyn profile. helm has same hit with merc).

You WILL miss your specials with 84hit. Now if you're a blacksmith (no merc weapon) you'd be at 67hit in 5/5 merc and full pvp gear. You need the hit from surefooted, simple.

You only need 79 hit rating to not miss in PvP.

Hunters

#9 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:00 AM

Okay I'm sorry I didn't take in account that I was still wearing a cape of arathi kings. I was pretty much comparing it from my warrior. Anyways. 79 hit is all you really need, but Its really rare to get a uneven number lke 79 so for the most part people get 80 flat. Full PvP gear + 5/5 and weapon yields you 75 hit rating. You can easily gem up with something like: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30559 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30553
If you don't want to use those gems all you need is a simple ring with + hit or a neck with it. Band of the Exorcist isn't really the best offensive ring, but its one of the only rings with resil too so PvP ring + band of exorcist is still a really good combo.

Also you only really miss at 79 hit rating because you are hitting a frost mage. You need 5% more hit to hit them reliably. :(

#10 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

To hit a frost mage 100% you need 158 hit rating. Just isn't worth stacking past 79.

Hunters

#11 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:40 AM

2) Boar's Speed/Enigmatic Skyfire
OR
3) Surefooted/Swift Skyfire

Depending on the stats you need.

What's imperative is you need + speed. 5 % resist is nice too.

#12 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:34 AM

yup you are super gimping yourself if you don't get minor run speed. Pretty much you either have to get boar speed or the 24ap + run speed meta.

i personally run surefooted with the 24ap + minor run speed meta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users