#1 sicbot

sicbot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

A pally friend I (a warlock) want to start doing 3s and I had a lot of fun on my Druid in S6 as DWP so I wanted to know if double healer with a lock dps is viable. If it is I know my gear will need to be a lot better then it is now.

One of the biggest problems we had as DWP is the priest getting trained by cleave teams and not being able to pressure the other healer with drain threats. Even with that and the warrior being really bad It was the most fun comp I played that season & we managed to get to 2200 before took a break from wow for a couple of months.

But if its pally/lock/priest then most teams will probably focus me instead of the priest leaving the him to do his job. I know this means I will be the one trained but what lock is not pressured most of the time?

My lock:
http://www.wowarmory...ng Skull&n=Dôtz

Only been 80 for about a week so it will be a while before I have the gear to be the solo dps in a 3s.

Good idea? Tips/suggestions? Counter comps?

#2 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

I haven't played pally/priest/lock, but from what I hear it's quite viable.

However, I did run resto shaman/holy paladin/aff lock to about 2700 (r1 at the time). It's a fairly strong comp due to the throughput healing a shaman and paladin have. Cleave teams that simply train you won't oom your two healers before you kill something or oom the other team. Also you have quite a few interrupts and crowd control if you coordinate it properly.

#3 sicbot

sicbot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Sounds good. What do u think my stats should be before I try this comp? Self buffed I'm only at about 2300. 2800 if my trinket procs. almost 500 resil and 20k hp unbuffed. 450ish haste with spellstone.

#4 oogleboogle

oogleboogle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

To run double healer, the warlock (as the main DPS) will need to have very good gear. Otherwise, you're not going to put out enough pressure to go anywhere.

A good starting point would be about 2.8k SP self buffed. To really start to feel the great pressure, 3k+ is needed. 450 haste should be fine if you can maintain it with that much SP. Also, resilience and more HP would be very helpful.. around 850-900 resilience would be a good starting point. HP will come with gear - dont gem specifically for it.

#5 sicbot

sicbot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Thank Ooze. Thanks to the badge farming randoms and Furious (and Relentless next season) being easy as ever to get I think I can reach those numbers pretty soon. (I was 1400sp self buffed last weekend now I'm pushing 2300.

So for a double healer comp resil and SP over Haste gemming? Of course I should still hit max spell pen and close to hit cap I assume.

#6 oogleboogle

oogleboogle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

You should never gem or gear SPECIFICALLY for resilience.

Resilience and Stamina will come as a by product of gear.

The things you should SPECIFICALLY gear for at the moment are these - Spellpower and Haste. These should be got via PvP gear and not PvE gear. As mentioned before, gearing for SP and haste will net you the stam and resilience as a product.

#7 sicbot

sicbot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thank you for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<