#41 Needskill

Needskill
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Man im keeping this in my fav's. I relativly new to arenas but this guide will help a ton. Thanks
:druid: Pve's cause it easy. 30% = WIN

#42 zetone

zetone
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

I am left-handed (my friends call me handicap) and i use numpad for movement and spells. A great programm to guys who think their keys are not enough is autohotkey.And can be found in autohotkey.com. With that programm you can change any letter in your keyboard to react like another one.. (E.g you can put alt in your middle mouse button) that works great for me cause i cant reach modifiers in the place where my hands are :(
Mouse clicking is as fast as keybinds sometimes BUT mouzeclicking takes your eyes away form the battle and lose precious stuff of what is happening in a game!
Keybinds give freedom in your eyes :)
And I think that player mechanics are in second place. First is communication and team play.

#43 Magotaan

Magotaan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

I don't see what you mean by a lot of misclicks rarely do I see it and usually tends to be from just coming off an alt or your not used to your keybindings yet. I've played my Priest for about a month and I never misclick anything really and i got like 50 keybinds or so.

#44 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

I don't see what you mean by a lot of misclicks rarely do I see it and usually tends to be from just coming off an alt or your not used to your keybindings yet. I've played my Priest for about a month and I never misclick anything really and i got like 50 keybinds or so.

Don't follow the keybinding advice in the OP - it's been discussed, and basically everyone is of the opinion that modifiers are superior.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#45 Kawjiryu

Kawjiryu
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eonar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

Step 1: Get the Razer Naga
Step 2: Get used to the Razer Naga
Step 3: WIN + no more QQ about bindings

#46 molinator

molinator
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Medivh
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Don't follow the keybinding advice in the OP - it's been discussed, and basically everyone is of the opinion that modifiers are superior.

Yeah.

If you re-map your keyboard to make Caps Lock the Left Alt modifier, then you open up a whole new world of keybinds.

Avoiding "misclicking" a bind is just a matter of binding everything in a clever way.

For example, I can never "misclick" Bloodlust, because it's bound to SHIFT-H, and I have nothing bound to H.

What's more subtle is making it so you can't misclick through modifiers or lack thereof. My earthbind is bound to Shift G, but since G without a modifier is Lava Burst (a CASTED, HOSTILE TARGET spell) then if I'm on the move and spamming Shift-G and hit G once, I never misclick anything.

The opposite case is something like this - My stoneclaw totem is currently bound to Ctrl-Middle Mouse. However my ghost wolf spell is bound to Middle Mouse. Because Stoneclaw has a cooldown, and ghost wolf requires no target or cast time, if I go to hit Stoneclaw when it's on cooldown I will cast ghost wolf instead.

Avoid misclicks through modifiers by reviewing your keybinds for these potential cliff falls.

The other incredible thing you can do with your keybinds is to unbind all of the Panes from your WSAD cluster.

H, C, B, Y. Honor Pane, Character Pane, Bag (pane), Achievement Pane.

I have had too many matches in the past where my bags, honor or character pane come up on the screen. The way I see it, there is never a reason I need to quickly open my bags, character pane, or honor pane for ANY reason. If I have to open my bags quickly, it likely means I need that item bound to a key instead (arena water - Ctrl-MouseWheelDown, Endless Mana Potion - Alt-F, Free Action or Invisibility Potions - Alt-T)

Just as unbinding A and D from keyboard turn, unbinding B, C, and H from these default settings gives you a potential of 12 new keybinds if you use all of your modifiers.

I also think it's wise to keep a few keybinds open (bound to no abilities) so that in the case where a new ability (or expansion) comes out, you aren't left without efficient binds. With all the possibilities modifiers give you, this shouldn't be too hard.

#47 Grepher

Grepher
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

Grate guide

Going to apply your healer targeting advice for sure.

#48 Scientist

Scientist
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

very niec

#49 idowatucant

idowatucant
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Lol i like this, very informative to say the least. lol i made to the part where you said people change their keybinding for how they move to esdf and then i went into the game and was like OMG that will work way better then what im doing now! gives me more keybindings i can use! lol

#50 Ravehole

Ravehole
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury 1/2/1/2/1/.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Great guide, a good read.
Posted Image

#51 Arxis

Arxis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Step 1: Get the Razer Naga
Step 2: Get used to the Razer Naga
Step 3: WIN + no more QQ about bindings

I dunno, i used to use the naga, made me lazy, ever since switching back to the MX518 My game has improved 10 fold, and this guide is living proof of that imho, nice first post.

#52 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Best advice was using keybinds to target arena partners. I really feel 'slowed' by clicking my partners and I'm finally going to make the change and try to use hotkeys to do so.

Nice work.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#53 Fucked

Fucked
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the post

#54 Toxonuts

Toxonuts
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

I simply use Shift & Ctrl keybinds, they seem to work best for me, and I only need a few keybinds atm. Good guide nontheless.

Get Cataclysm For Free!
Promote Your Youtube Channel @ www.ytservices.info

#55 papakaliati_6311524

papakaliati_6311524
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

WASD for movement,see no reason to change it tbh. I also use Caps locks for abilities and ` so i dont really get the ESDF /whatever thing. Also i just cant realise why so few ppl dont use caps locks...

12345 (as frost 1 Coi , 2 obli,3 NS ,4 Frost strike 5 blood boil )

usual q e r t f g for various abilities

( z x c v ) for defensive ones,it really feels so natural having them there.
B for Pet summon / pet Transform . (ctrb b for pet sacrifice )

I also many abilities on my Mouse ( Mouse 3,4,5 Mouse Scroll Up ,Down ) and all those with shift
CTRL mouse 4 ,5 for focus Strangulate / focus Death Grip
I have set focus target at Shift X ( X is death strike so i dont accidentaly press a CD while trying to focus target )

Have my Mounts in F1 ,F2 , F3 water walk.

Besically i have about ~40 keybinds , 12 in mouse . As was mentioned in the start Mouse 4,5 as modificators works nice ,but i like Shift and its really easy if u use awsd ... Tbh using ESDF in my eyes makes u having mouse for modificators,so you actually lose keybinds not win...

If i was to play a healer Mouse up mouse down middle mouse would have been targeting party members and self target for sure...

#56 THX1138

THX1138
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

http://www.usnetizen...ix_capslock.php

http://www.majorgeek...Keys_d4605.html

Oh yea, better to change it so it's another CTRL or something, not just completely unbind it. Change CAPSLOCK while you're at it.

Thx for posting this, it something I have been meaning to do for some time, I just never gotten around to it until now, as I am on Mac I will be going with this:

http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net

PS good post OP

#57 Chochie

Chochie
  • Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

I can't second the Razer Naga enough! Best $70 ($140 for Wife's as well) I've spent on wow.

It will take some time to get used to, probably a week, possibly 2, just stick with it, do alot of BG's duels, and soon enough you'll have it down, and not be able to go back to regular keybinds.

As far as the "Start" key, I literally just popped it off my keyboard, problem solved.

#58 radziu887

radziu887
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:59 AM

I bind F1 - F5 , Q - Y, A - G , Z - B , 1-6, move WASD,if i ever have to turn while casting on alts i use arrows. Use mouse well and try not to click :) use shift+W combinations etc to get more binds, have auto cast and focus cast button set up. And get used to it ,)

#59 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Is it weird that I don't have WASD bound at all? I mean, I use the mouse and the mouse only for movement with strafe bound to V and B, I feel that using arrow keys for movement is SO limited

#60 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I feel as though it would be beneficial to break recommendations into class roles:

For my alts, I bind differently if I am playing melee, caster, or a healer. Different movement is required for these roles, which is usually why you will see players favor a type of class, the movement feels more natural.

I use WASD with shift and alt modifiers. Mouse click modifiers are a great idea, along with moving to ESDF. Will incorporate into current gameplay.

PS can't get myself to buy a razor naga or gaming computer b/c I don't want my girlfriends to know I play wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<