#1 Mackeveli

Mackeveli
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

many classes have seen damage nerfs. and with future nerfs to classes that still have questionable damage, we are seeing more diversity(r1 viable) in comps than ever. warriors, rogues, and hunters all have a wide range of caster/x/melee comps available to them. even comps that havent worked since bc are starting to open up

as a dk you have 2 comps that anyone wants to run. tsg or shadowcleave. dks are very comparable to rogues in their abilities and what they bring to a match (less damage, more group control). without mortal strike, a dk is pigeonholed into playing with an ms class themselves rather than with casters

giving dks ms is the right thing to do

#2 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

Why would mortal strike be the right thing to do?

Maybe the last thing you should give death knights, I would rather see them fixed instead of give another class MS.

#3 Liamz

Liamz
  • Shenk
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

haha

#4 Bigfatnoob

Bigfatnoob
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

When i read this, i thought OMG NO STUPID!! then i read your actual post and i agree (maybe not 50% but meh, nice idea).

Edit: then i thought about it again and realised i'd get nuked by ret DK and decided that it's a bad idea, maybe just fix SS.

#5 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

DK damage is pretty solid right now, even after the SS nerf. I can only imagine what DK damage would be like if that nerf hadnt been implemented, and giving DKs MS would be way over the top. They just fit certain niches, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Not to mention that new Bryntroll weapon, it has a crazy proc rate and procs off almost all of your abilities and its damage scales with ebon plague :-/. Not that a lot of DKs will get it, but if you do, its overpowered as fuck.

#6 Ckmaster

Ckmaster
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1754
  • 3v3: 2343
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

You said forced to play with MS classes but than you stated shadowcleave as an example. I would not like to see shadowcleave with an MS -_-

#7 unifin

unifin
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

DK damage is pretty solid right now, even after the SS nerf. I can only imagine what DK damage would be like if that nerf hadnt been implemented, and giving DKs MS would be way over the top. They just fit certain niches, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Not to mention that new Bryntroll weapon, it has a crazy proc rate and procs off almost all of your abilities and its damage scales with ebon plague :-/. Not that a lot of DKs will get it, but if you do, its overpowered as fuck.

DK damage is "still fine" from SS on cloth and maybe leather, but anything after that just tickles. The double-crits were OP, but there was nothing wrong with 3.2 SS from a PvP standpoint.

At any rate, when you're spending most of your runes reapplying diseases or peeling, the 3X SS almost never happens anyway.

#8 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Give all Melee & Casters 20% MS in one form or another. Make them stack (melee + caster MS) totaling at 40%. Would promote Melee/Caster/Healer comps more.

I don't see why it should be given to a selected few specs/classes.

#9 Mackeveli

Mackeveli
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

order of melee damage capabilities, best to worst

1)warrior
2)hunter
3)prot war/prot pal
4)feral
5)rogue
6)dk/ret
7)enh

thats not to say if dks actually recieved ms their damage wouldnt need reworking

#10 Chaospwn

Chaospwn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

I agree that having MS could open doors to different comps, that would be really fun. But that would maybe need major change since it might be a little OP.

But we could get something like mages and shadowpriests, the 20% MS one. That would maybe diversify the comps which I would love since its pretty boring right now, but I dont think it'll happen.
[spoiler]Posted Image

3rd Ret/Dk/Druid in the world

#11 kenshao

kenshao
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

no, we were OP in s5, and fine in s6, it's fair that we get shit on now.

I don`t think thats reasonable.
If you were trash in one season doesnt mean you have to be godlike on the next one and vice-versa.
Thats the worst excuse ever. Just l2balance and be happy.

And meh, I wish I had my DK back on s5, that was really way out of line, hehe.
Posted Image
We can't even express our personal opinions anymore. You'll be told l2play with a downrep.

#12 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

What ability would get the MS? Hopefully not something spamable like ScS since Shadowcleave with MS on several targets would be OP.

#13 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

Isn't needed, stop trying to play DK like a warrior and realise how powerful the class still is you awful cunts

Thank you.

Giving DKs MS would be too much of a bandaid fix.

#14 Desuna

Desuna
  • Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

I don`t think thats reasonable.
If you were trash in one season doesnt mean you have to be godlike on the next one and vice-versa.
Thats the worst excuse ever. Just l2balance and be happy.

And meh, I wish I had my DK back on s5, that was really way out of line, hehe.

read: sarcasm

that thing I said, is the reply I get when I say 'dk's need something to be balanced'

#15 Nifti

Nifti
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Id appreciate dks having more viable comps and a topcomp, but this is not the right way to do it imo.

#16 Wibang

Wibang
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1512
  • 3v3: 856
  • 5v5: 766
  • RBG: 1851

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

I agree that having MS could open doors to different comps, that would be really fun. But that would maybe need major change since it might be a little OP.

But we could get something like mages and shadowpriests, the 20% MS one. That would maybe diversify the comps which I would love since its pretty boring right now, but I dont think it'll happen.

im fine with taking dg or coi off if we get ms, bring it baby!

#17 medze

medze
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eitrigg
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

Didn't really read the thread, the title was enough...

I don't understand the DK complaints really. Sure, you may not have the damage of a s6 Frost Strike spam or s5 completely overpoweredness, but DKs have quite a bit of utility, both on the offensive and defensive end. Much more utility than many of the other melee classes you mentioned.

Your damage output may need some tuning but to be fair, most of the complaints are exaggerated and if DKs are given any kind of increase to damage, it should be minor (a few %).

Also, this IS a PvE game unfortunately. In a PvE setting, DKs are putting out ridiculous numbers. For obvious reasons, and some not so obvious, this damage doesn't translate into the arena setting (though I find it to still be a respectable amount). I really would find it strange for Blizzard to just give a flat damage increase to DKs at this point with the state of PvE.

#18 isabis

isabis
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/././2/2/./.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Might sound like a lies, but I meet DK who knows how to deal dmg in 1/10 matches I play (ofc I pulled these numbers out of my ass but you got the point, most DKs don't know how to do real dmg and make pressure).

#19 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

shadowcleave with MS, no thanks

#20 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Why would mortal strike be the right thing to do?

Maybe the last thing you should give death knights, I would rather see them fixed instead of give another class MS.

Panda speaks the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<