adanan
  • Magemx
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

rmp takes a level of skill and def coordination of CDS ur comp has none

i also dont see what the issue could be for a prot war who breaks slows having issues sticking on anything. strats are interesting cus i dont see much coordination that a surv hunter really brings to the table or the prot war. team has 0 cds other then like trap and 1min wyvrn sting which sucks balls and u prob just do insane amounts of damage to casters and kill mid heal or dies in a second full cyclone due to again massive damage in the first cyclone that someone had to trink.

teamwide spellreflect means ant double caster needs to deal with feign kick AND spellreflect on both a druid and a hunter, and of course unrootable PROT war that removes buffs along with the hunter while dpsing. anyone brought up the fact that a mage will be stripped of buffs within the first 30 secs of a game without them really trying tranq shield slam? if im a prot war i have the ability to put a lock on focus and pretty much reflect his fear anytime ur druids in the open or reflect any shatter and its impossible to see it happen as ur in d stance how on earth is any spellcleave giving u issues.

easy comp duno if players are good prob better then ppl give em credit for but still shitty comp easy as balls.

prot wars like a rogue with charge and intercept so he can charge a hunter.... stun him.... intercept... stun him.... ?!?!?
Posted Image

#42 Hoodzilla

Hoodzilla
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

marks is actually the less skilled spec imo similar to destro vs ua keeping pressure and swaps using a 22 sec internal unseen cd is alot harder the keeping serpent sting up on 2 targets and swapping in between with a much simpler rotation that can be easily altered, 2 deterrence in case you waste the first one. its not that i can't play it @ 2800 its that i play better as surv and its what works better with the team.

brb making 2nd thread for ppls to take their shot @ me lol

This is complete bullshit sorry. What made you even think of this Khan? What are you trying to justify? SV is dumb.

#43 Krebosh

Krebosh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

Why are people flaming him? he put an effort into this guide and many of you are acting like eTards.

It's fine to disagree with his claims that survival requires more skill (I disagree with him too) but there is no need to resort to insults or BG elitism.

Anyone who thinks this setup doesn't require strats is welcome to make that comp and go into arena and faceroll, I guarantee you won't make it passed 2300 without any strats, and you can reach that rating with pretty much any comp with barely any tactics.

+1 rep to you good sir

#44 Magnifibeast

Magnifibeast
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Why are people flaming him? he put an effort into this guide and many of you are acting like eTards.

It's fine to disagree with his claims that survival requires more skill (I disagree with him too) but there is no need to resort to insults or BG elitism.

Anyone who thinks this setup doesn't require strats is welcome to make that comp and go into arena and faceroll, I guarantee you won't make it passed 2300 without any strats, and you can reach that rating with pretty much any comp with barely any tactics.

^^

Half of this thread - "The guy 300-500 rating higher than me plays a faceroll comp, I'm better" — lol

#45 Dreadend

Dreadend
  • Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

this comp has strats? based on draeks video i assumed it was spam buttons and back peddle until someone was dead

this

Edit: Fought these guys, hunter puts ms up and stands behind a pillar while Draek solo's someone, he occasionally pop's out to reapply ms and explosive shot. Bottom line-They're good.

#46 Khanitus

Khanitus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 2/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2351
  • 3v3: 2049
  • 5v5: 1054
  • RBG: 1902

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

Added a few new strats for the ppl that pm'd me and skitzo

#47 Khanitus

Khanitus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 2/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2351
  • 3v3: 2049
  • 5v5: 1054
  • RBG: 1902

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

when you play this as MM are most of your traps freezing during burst? then just wingclip more to let your druid maintain the mobility advatange? how do you deal with double magic dispell teams and double psn dispell teams? and wht pet do you run with as mm

#48 nattehfat

nattehfat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/2/2/2/0/2/0

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

this

Edit: Fought these guys, hunter puts ms up and stands behind a pillar while Draek solo's someone, he occasionally pop's out to reapply ms and explosive shot. Bottom line-They're good.

ye they're terribads, imagine they actually got teh skillz

#49 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

Man MM with a prot warrior stunning for you would be so nice. I bet that would feel as good as a rogue locking someone down so a mage can bolt spam.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#50 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

No offense broseph but we beat you in a mirror match on my orc hunter because you don't do any cc cept wyrven sting. We lost the game because I dced after we killed your healer. I honestly don't see how you can win without scatter trapping at all every once in a while and I watched drakes vid you never did in that video either. You don't have to scatter trap every time but consider it an option to force a trinket or for when a trinket is down just saying. I like the time and effort you put in the guide as I will be playing it maybe on my orc this week, so appreciate the info given.

As far as everyone hating let em hate people will play the best comp they can to win what matters most is how you feel about the comp. Not what others judge you as far as skilled. Its a video game however, the drama comes with it =)(guilty myself). I think it's funny people think survival is so much easier to play I have played all 3 specs above 2600 and truthfully I find survival the hardest to succeed at /shrug. I mean having readiness and silence shot with it is way better and makes it easier to win with as well as more survivability(double all cds MC detterence etc)imo. Still people have their own opinions and if everyone thought the same about wow the forums would be boring :D
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#51 jaez12

jaez12
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

No offense broseph but we beat you in a mirror match on my orc hunter because you don't do any cc cept wyrven sting. We lost the game because I dced after we killed your healer. I honestly don't see how you can win without scatter trapping at all every once in a while and I watched drakes vid you never did in that video either. You don't have to scatter trap every time but consider it an option to force a trinket or for when a trinket is down just saying. I like the time and effort you put in the guide as I will be playing it maybe on my orc this week, so appreciate the info given.

As far as everyone hating let em hate people will play the best comp they can to win what matters most is how you feel about the comp. Not what others judge you as far as skilled. Its a video game however, the drama comes with it =)(guilty myself). I think it's funny people think survival is so much easier to play I have played all 3 specs above 2600 and truthfully I find survival the hardest to succeed at /shrug. I mean having readiness and silence shot with it is way better and makes it easier to win with as well as more survivability(double all cds MC detterence etc)imo. Still people have their own opinions and if everyone thought the same about wow the forums would be boring :D

but the usage of GCD is so much more important as marksmenship.

that is what i think anyways. But I yet to just stick to marks.
Posted Image
dae han min gook~

Posted Image

#52 Bownaa

Bownaa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

FK PROT WARS, NUFF SAID

-<3 Khan jk newb

#53 Twisty

Twisty
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Man MM with a prot warrior stunning for you would be so nice. I bet that would feel as good as a rogue locking someone down so a mage can bolt spam.

Except you don't have to try as hard.. so it doesn't feel as good.. it feels better!

#54 Jhaz1

Jhaz1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

To all the haters... I know im not the best hunter in the world, but I am doing my best to get a solid combo, no matter how other players perceive it, out into brackets so that hunters can enjoy wow again. For one season I'm trying to help hunters have fun playing a combo that can get #1 in a bg, granted its not bg9. I think that Jhazy is running my comp as MM with a pally @ around a 90% winloss on bg9. If you want to follow a real hunter playing a solid comp on a legit bg he's the man to idle, not me. I'm just a lowly pawn that brought the battle plan to the masters, they will be the ones who bring out the OP'ness of my, well thier new comp. Looking forward to reading his guide on how to play this new fotm!

GL to all the noobies trying this and the best of luck to Jhazy on bg9!

Thanks for the props. And just for the record, We've been playing this particular Paly/Hunter/Prot (though survival in s5-6)for 2.5 seasons So I think we deserve the credit for the comp if anyone. Alloraan was the first prot around I'm like 99% sure, and he was the only prot warrior in season 5 to get gladiator. Point being I think we deserve the credit for the type of comp if anyone does.

p.s. We're switching paladins a lot because most of them aren't up to par. Our new paladin Ellihs is amazing who which we plan to stick with.

~Jhazy
Posted Image
^^ Hot chick ^^

:hunter: 4life.

#55 Bownaa

Bownaa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

icwutudidthur
i liked doss moar then u

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

i'm pretty sure lots of prot warriors got glad in s5 playing repent+prot

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#57 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:06 AM

i'm pretty sure lots of prot warriors got glad in s5 playing repent+prot

There were like 10 glad warriors in s5 total.

I really don't remember that many besides the warriors that get glad every season. Every pally was too busy running with a DK.

this marks is just so much better overall, but it doesn't take skill to just blanket silence someone and unload 15k dmg in the silence lol...but taking the LOL skill out of the question MM is wayyyy better.

15k just from the hunter? That's a lot for a 3 second duration imo. Maybe if you were a Warrior/Destro Lock/Ele Shammie or if you had 100% crit and 100% proc chance during your silencing shots.

teamwide spellreflect means ant double caster needs to deal with feign kick AND spellreflect on both a druid and a hunter, and of course unrootable PROT war that removes buffs along with the hunter while dpsing. anyone brought up the fact that a mage will be stripped of buffs within the first 30 secs of a game without them really trying tranq shield slam? if im a prot war i have the ability to put a lock on focus and pretty much reflect his fear anytime ur druids in the open or reflect any shatter and its impossible to see it happen as ur in d stance how on earth is any spellcleave giving u issues.

tranq shot is a separate GCD that is rarely used due to other, better uses of your GCDs. If you do use it, it's 1 dispel on a cooldown.

Imagine if your fel hunter dispel took YOU a GCD to cast every 8 seconds, and that's what it would be like to strip a mage of his buffs (more incoming from heals all the time, not to mention passive resist rates from both the mage and priest's talents).

Shield Slam i agree, would remove buffs passively.

----

The AOE spell reflect has a 20 yard range, is the Warrior always going to be within 20 yards of the druid?

For fear... yes this is a really gay character to fight against. However, there are definitely situations with other classes where the prot warrior will not be within 20 yards of his teammates.

(I do not play with a prot warrior.)
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#58 bclol

bclol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationThe First State

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

There were like 10 glad warriors in s5 total.

Season 5

Gladiator Warriors: 165

:rolleyes:

#59 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

I think it's funny people think survival is so much easier to play I have played all 3 specs above 2600 and truthfully I find survival the hardest to succeed at /shrug. I mean having readiness and silence shot with it is way better and makes it easier to win with as well as more survivability(double all cds MC detterence etc)imo. Still people have their own opinions and if everyone thought the same about wow the forums would be boring :D

I think you're confusing easy/hard with powerful/weak. MM is a stronger setup but it also takes more skill to play well. If for example I gave you a class with only 1 button, call it explosive shot. There would be nothing HARD about the class's playstyle, all it would do is spam that one button, but the class would be very weak because it wouldn't have enough tools to succeed.

The same concept applies here, survival is a simple and yet weaker spec compared to MM. Currently I feel I can be more successful playing MM with practically any comp.

#60 nattehfat

nattehfat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/2/2/2/0/2/0

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Season 5

Gladiator Warriors: 165

:rolleyes:

any similar stats for s6? for all classes