#22 Jhaz1

Jhaz1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

marks is actually the less skilled spec imo similar to destro vs ua keeping pressure and swaps using a 22 sec internal unseen cd is alot harder the keeping serpent sting up on 2 targets and swapping in between with a much simpler rotation that can be easily altered, 2 deterrence in case you waste the first one. its not that i can't play it @ 2800 its that i play better as surv and its what works better with the team.

brb making 2nd thread for ppls to take their shot @ me lol

You waste deterrences? You must be terrible. And btw, like 90% of your strats wouldn't work on bg9, Every team would put you in defensive positions in about 10 seconds. Except for the terrible teams. You might win those. I'm sorry, but your team is on a bad bg with practically 0 good players (including yourself and drek). Honestly, Survival is the easy spec to play amongst the 3, bm is faceroll, survival is 3 buttons, and marks takes coordination to play correctly. Learn to play a hunter correctly please before you talk thinking you know what you're saying.
Posted Image
^^ Hot chick ^^

:hunter: 4life.

#23 Valir

Valir
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

the only team that u should really complain about poisons being raped is shaman/druid based teams, or maybe shaman/paladin.

for the most part, no one has the global to relay totems that i am spam mouse over attacking with my pet, or abolish before they start hot spamming from a ridiculous marks frontload with completely balanced prot damage.

you should see how fast we kill holy paladins when i play marks, open up silence chain, marks burst, bubble, swap, count to 12, swap back, dead paladin, period.

#24 Heavytrain

Heavytrain

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

You waste deterrences? You must be terrible. And btw, like 90% of your strats wouldn't work on bg9, Every team would put you in defensive positions in about 10 seconds. Except for the terrible teams. You might win those. I'm sorry, but your team is on a bad bg with practically 0 good players (including yourself and drek). Honestly, Survival is the easy spec to play amongst the 3, bm is faceroll, survival is 3 buttons, and marks takes coordination to play correctly. Learn to hunter please before you talk thinking you know what you're saying.

You're funny calling Ruin bad...

#25 Namakaokahai

Namakaokahai
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

You waste deterrences? You must be terrible. And btw, like 90% of your strats wouldn't work on bg9, Every team would put you in defensive positions in about 10 seconds. Except for the terrible teams. You might win those. I'm sorry, but your team is on a bad bg with practically 0 good players (including yourself and drek). Honestly, Survival is the easy spec to play amongst the 3, bm is faceroll, survival is 3 buttons, and marks takes coordination to play correctly. Learn to play a hunter correctly please before you talk thinking you know what you're saying.

get burned son

#26 Jhaz1

Jhaz1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

Everyone that's a good player came to bg9 because there is competition here. Not that there isn't anywhere else, but the best competition is here and if you like climbing off of easy wins elsewhere (ruin) to get to 2800+ feel free to. It's your 15 dollars.
Posted Image
^^ Hot chick ^^

#27 Jhaz1

Jhaz1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

get burned son

Love your sig, makes me laugh.
Posted Image
^^ Hot chick ^^

#28 Lawdy

Lawdy
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

unfortunately, after the huge migration to bg9 it's impossible to defend any other BG.. ruin is shit a long with the rest..

on a side note LOL @ surv taking more skill than mm

#29 Sawj

Sawj
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

people actually need a strat guide for this comp?
-.-

#30 Khanitus

Khanitus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 2/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2351
  • 3v3: 2049
  • 5v5: 1054
  • RBG: 1902

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

lol knew that was a bad idea.. we'll you all probably right that MM is the stronger spec i plan on trying marks out the next hundred games or during the next season soo.. ya it would be awesome if one of the higher rated players would post a guide on how they have had success as MM on Bloodlust. Also I plan on coming to bg9 next season but I couldn't leave ruin this season to come join the superior battle group bc my partner is a guild leader, thus locking me down on ruin. glad you liked my guide, ty for responding GL to the new teams hope to see a guide from you showing me how its done :D

p.s. Go Ruin!

#31 Bendz

Bendz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

and it takes 2 gcds and alot of my burst compared to the one gcd and no damage loss.

Actualy takes 3 globals:
Scorpid Sting
Chimera Shot
New serpent since the scropid removed old serpent.

So it's 4,5sec to get it up (with the chance of it getting cleansed etc) in order to land a 5 sec disarm : /

#32 twixz

twixz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

lol knew that was a bad idea.. we'll you all probably right that MM is the stronger spec i plan on trying marks out the next hundred games or during the next season soo.. ya it would be awesome if one of the higher rated players would post a guide on how they have had success as MM on Bloodlust. Also I plan on coming to bg9 next season but I couldn't leave ruin this season to come join the superior battle group bc my partner is a guild leader, thus locking me down on ruin. glad you liked my guide, ty for responding GL to the new teams hope to see a guide from you showing me how its done :D

p.s. Go Ruin!

i played MM phd on bg9 to like 2700 80% win...since it was phd you know we had to coordinate lock out with strangulate and silence shot which is so hard to do...we could barely pull it off but we did and things died comp pretty much beats everything but wiz cleave. /end guide

#33 jaez12

jaez12
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

surv has more survivability, higher sustained damage, better overall controll of the map, a smaller cd on disengage, infinite mana for long games which are inevitable and personally it fits my play style more

i fixed it for you :)

you do realize you can spec for this as marks right? and lets be honest bm isnt even a tree we should mention....bm is bm.
Posted Image
dae han min gook~

Posted Image

#34 twixz

twixz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

If you play marks, it has a flat out more damage, as well as swap burst and is just all around better than survival. You gain double the cooldowns as marks. Which in turn is more survivability. So get your facts straight please.

this marks is just so much better overall, but it doesn't take skill to just blanket silence someone and unload 15k dmg in the silence lol...but taking the LOL skill out of the question MM is wayyyy better.

#35 Loincloth

Loincloth
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

Yes it does twix u take that back right now or im going to be very upset

#36 Khrome

Khrome
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Tryin it out with a pally healer instead. Started out the comp last week and so far it's pretty strong but still got our flaws to work on. Anyways, good post and hope to see you around in some 5s.

#37 Voxvicious

Voxvicious
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

this comp has strats? based on draeks video i assumed it was spam buttons and back peddle until someone was dead

:D

#38 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

Why are people flaming him? he put an effort into this guide and many of you are acting like eTards.

It's fine to disagree with his claims that survival requires more skill (I disagree with him too) but there is no need to resort to insults or BG elitism.

Anyone who thinks this setup doesn't require strats is welcome to make that comp and go into arena and faceroll, I guarantee you won't make it passed 2300 without any strats, and you can reach that rating with pretty much any comp with barely any tactics.

#39 skiitzo

skiitzo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

How do you do against RLS with a UA lock?

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

How do you do against RLS with a UA lock?

I think they lost to an RLS with a Rogue I played for PR in S3.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<