Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

3.3 Basic rogue guide for RP + RMP glyphs and more


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2541

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

  Basic rogue guide for RP + RMP glyphs with some advanced insight on rogue racials added (patch 3.3)  
Removed the MMR part because you should be playing the same spec no matter what your MMR is now. (yes the change is pretty good)

Rogue Race guide to specing:

Ok you might wonder why I would spec differently depending on what race I played but you need to consider how much stealth detect/stealth levels you lose when playing nelf/human
Heightended Senses Stealth Detection Value: 6
Perception Value: 5
Elusiveness Value: 5

That is 1 point less you would have than other rogues not having 6 points as an other race might make a difference but if your a human or night elf you can really take advantage of this racial and convert it into more damage. The only time you may regret not having HS is when you face an other Human or Night Elf rogue  then you can just make up for it with the stupid amount of pressure you will put out compared to their joker 2/5 DW spec. You are still laughing at other races with 1 point less of stealth detection because it will not make any difference believe it. Take advantage of what you can you are just like Undead, Orc and Gnome rogues but with 20% more offhand white and mutilate damage. Once you try this out you won't look back on it.
As for Trolls they are pretty much jokers take the snare reduction meta gem run in with no stealth get opened on and win all the rogue teams you want as lojng as your healer is in line of sight.

You should take 3/3 Intiative for 3's garrote gibs are not the same w/o it. You have to choose between imp evis or ruthlessness depending on how many high / low armour teams are on your bg but I think imp eviscerates benefits is better than ruthlessness because of how much damage you gain against lower armour targets which you need when your lacking DW spec and other damaging fillers.

Ideal Weapons

1.8 One Hand x2 (both berserking)
You wan't wound and deadly on the 1.8 One Hands to swap the mainhands depending on what you meet.

1.8 Off Hand x1 (chain)
Wound, u will have this dagger on most of the time

1.4 Off Hand x1 (chain)
Anesthetic Poison trust me this comes in handy sometimes.

Some people may argue that instant poison can be effective when swapped to at the right time but I have not really experimented with it to say anything if anyone has please tell me how it went.

2v2
44/x/2x Glyphs: SPRINT, Mutilate, Vigor
41/5/25 Glyphs: SPRINT, Mutilate, ToT/Prep/Vigor depends on your play style.


Priest Rogue (Solace)

Spec: http://www.wowhead.c...ohuZ0hZebfbc0zb
Deadly/Wound Standard Wound/Wound vs Rogues and non plate priest teams.
Not that much to say here go on the plate and out last provide the pressure your priest needs to smash mana burns into the other teams healer or their partner dies. As for going against 2 DPS teams if you don't play like you are rambo with master poisoner you should have a very easy time with the  WOTF nerf being on your side here unless its Warlock/Shadow priest rogue teams which still imo benefits you more than them. Just remember that swaps are good as MP now because deadly stacking is much easier with the improved poison change, but of course you can easily out last the other team if your priest has Solace or the Emblem of Frost/ICC10  mana back trinket.

For the rest of the guide please visit www.hydramist.net > forums >Board index > Questions Questions > Ask Kalimist

I will try to get this on the first page asap


Feel free to copy this guide accross the web just please be sure to add a link back to my website, that is all I ask for thanks.


Please don't forget to +REP me if you found this helpful.

#2 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 2189
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

1st
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#3 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2541

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

^double post my bad.
Would be good if an admin could add guide to the title of the post since I forgot and can't edit it =[

#4 Morgasaurus

Morgasaurus

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Why run 1.8/1.8 deadlyMH/woundOH for when you want deadly poison over 1.8/1.4 woundMH/deadlyOH??  

Seems the 2nd option would be more overall damage & faster stacks with a slight sacrifice to burst mutilate damage.  The main opposition i've heard is no cripple/wound shiv, which you can still by just using the 1.8 wound offhand in a shiv macro.

#5 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2541

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hobbledehoy said:

Why run 1.8/1.8 deadlyMH/woundOH for when you want deadly poison over 1.8/1.4 woundMH/deadlyOH??  

Seems the 2nd option would be more overall damage & faster stacks with a slight sacrifice to burst mutilate damage.  The main opposition i've heard is no cripple/wound shiv, which you can still by just using the 1.8 wound offhand in a shiv macro.

Deadly MH is better imo, abilities that require your mainhand weapon procs deadly poison stacks faster you need shiv to apply crippling / wound when you want to slow people or if wound falls off, otherwise you will end up losing pressure and arena games, not to mention offhand hit compared to your mainhand hit is worse.

Using weapon swaps for a reliable slow is terrible because of the global you get on top of that there is deadly brew crippling poison delay which will screw you over on time even more.

Overall damage is not as important as burst more damage means nothing, when you do damage does stacking deadly faster means more happy envenoms for 6-9k.

#6 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 1439
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

ITSA VERY NICE, I LIKE GREAT SUCCESS

#7 Deyzx

Deyzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 1106
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

cool +rep

#8 Alegou

Alegou
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • TW-阿薩斯
  • 暴怒
  • Posts: 1
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

thx!

#9 Scarra

Scarra
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 1579
  • Talents:

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Kalimist said:



That is 1 point less you would have than other rogues not having 6 points as an other race might make a difference but if your a human or night elf you can really take advantage of this racial and convert it into more damage. The only time you may regret not having HS is when you face an other Human or Night Elf rogue  then you can just make up for it with the stupid amount of pressure you will put out compared to their joker 2/5 DW spec. You are still laughing at other races with 1 point less of stealth detection because it will not make any difference believe it. Take advantage of what you can you are just like Undead, Orc and Gnome rogues but with 20% more offhand white and mutilate damage. Once you try this out you won't look back on it.
As for Trolls they are pretty much jokers take the snare reduction meta gem run in with no stealth get opened on and win all the rogue teams you want as lojng as your healer is in line of sight.

rofl +repped

#10 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 212
  • Talents:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Kalimist said:

Deadly MH is better imo, abilities that require your mainhand weapon procs deadly poison stacks faster you need shiv to apply crippling / wound when you want to slow people or if wound falls off, otherwise you will end up losing pressure and arena games, not to mention offhand hit compared to your mainhand hit is worse.

Using weapon swaps for a reliable slow is terrible because of the global you get on top of that there is deadly brew crippling poison delay which will screw you over on time even more.

Overall damage is not as important as burst more damage means nothing, when you do damage does stacking deadly faster means more happy envenoms for 6-9k.


The only reason you think deadly MH is better is because you play rmp and you have a lot of burst/CC. You could basicly kill stuff without wound up. Your mage can also snare your target for you. RMP also switch a lot more than other comps, so stacking deadly as fast as possible is definately important to get your burst in faster.

So i reallly doubt you ever actually use shiv because if you really had to do it often then you would definately switch back to 1.8/1.4 because of your shitty CP generation and all the burst missing from the mutilates you should have been able to do.

If any rogue go 1.8/1.8 with DP on MH in pretty much anything but a rmp, they will definately fail imo. Unless they use a lot of hit/haste for some reasons.

Good guide though, i learned some stuff




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

<