Photo

2.4 Resto Spec

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 xarg

xarg

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

As far as I know all the opponents are equal lvl so the hit isn't going to help much you'll see that penetration (f.e. 20 on cloak) will benefit you more (also if you're a dranei you'll have a pasive 1% hit).

Spell pen and spell hit are two completely different things. 3% spell hit is optimal for pvp. Spell pen you probably don't need to exceed the 20 on cloak. Not too much has nature resist on.

#42 garmir

garmir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

I know that 3% is optimal but it's not going to come down to the 2% if you're a draenei (even if you're a non draenei if you purge in time it won't even be needed) and yes 20 spell pene on cloak is all that you need as a resto shaman or any other healing class for that mather.
As for the grounding totem I geus I find it useless sinds my setup is constantly on the move and I have to keep up with my totems aswell+even if I get pollyed my paladin can still dispell it, indeed absorbing a polly is nice and vital but that wouldn't mean that the 2 secs less cd is needed well atleast not in my case I geus that if you're running a non melee based setup (such as mage rogue shaman) it might prove to be vital.

#43 Trevarion

Trevarion
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

I know that 3% is optimal but it's not going to come down to the 2% if you're a draenei (even if you're a non draenei if you purge in time it won't even be needed) and yes 20 spell pene on cloak is all that you need as a resto shaman or any other healing class for that mather.
As for the grounding totem I geus I find it useless sinds my setup is constantly on the move and I have to keep up with my totems aswell+even if I get pollyed my paladin can still dispell it, indeed absorbing a polly is nice and vital but that wouldn't mean that the 2 secs less cd is needed well atleast not in my case I geus that if you're running a non melee based setup (such as mage rogue shaman) it might prove to be vital.

Have you even played with 4 piece resto and the imp grounding? i didnt untill a few months ago and then i then i took it, 2 seconds is HUGE.

for myself im going to try
http://www.wow-europ...151300313505301
first, I think shieldblock will be better then dodge so you can block hamstring and gouge more often.
Also the 18% armor without the 5/5 tidal crit thing doesnt seem very good to me.

#44 Taifun

Taifun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

I'll go for this build, can't see why people are still picking Ancestral Knowledge, it's terribad and I avoid it as fire. Two Water Shield ticks will give you more mana than AK would -.-'.

I have 15% crit from gear which should be enought to keep up the 25% armor buff for majority of time while tanking Warriors/Rogues.

#45 rms

rms
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

You have healing way and ancestral fortitude as well as imp ghost wolf, but why do you skip on the 30% to dispel. I dont undastand

#46 Taifun

Taifun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

Because honestly I don't see it being worth it, I don't even use ES against teams that can dispel and we do fine. Only exception is Rogue-Mage where resisting spellsteal on BL or ES would help alot, but it's moronic setup to fight so I won't even bother.

#47 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

Trying to read this lowered my IQ by a lot.

#48 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

Have you even played with 4 piece resto and the imp grounding? i didnt untill a few months ago and then i then i took it, 2 seconds is HUGE.

for myself im going to try
http://www.wow-europ...151300313505301
first, I think shieldblock will be better then dodge so you can block hamstring and gouge more often.
Also the 18% armor without the 5/5 tidal crit thing doesnt seem very good to me.

You do realize you can't block while casting right?

#49 Taifun

Taifun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

You do realize you can't block while casting right?

Sometimes you can due to lag, but the whole point of Shield Specc is to block Hamstring/Gouge/Imp Kick when you're running away or just simply to get 213dmg less from melee. It's bad but still better than AK.

#50 rms

rms
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

You can block with ur back turned? And you can't dodge ham/gouge/kick?

#51 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:58 PM

First of all, if a rogue uses Imp Kick when you're not casting he's most likely retarded. And when he will Gouge, you'll most likely be casting. 5% dodge is just so much better in general, just because you can't block while casting.

#52 Taifun

Taifun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

You can block with ur back turned? And you can't dodge ham/gouge/kick?

You can block while strafing/moonwalking.

Limewire, I'm not talking about dodge vs block but about 5% mana vs block. I'd rather have block.

#53 Shockyy

Shockyy
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

http://www.wowhead.c...ZxbbZEcMtAustez

overall best build, you guys underestimate the power of armor pen

#54 Lidstah

Lidstah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:21 AM

this will be my specc.

http://www.wowhead.c...ZxbbZEcMtAsstez
or
http://www.wowhead.c...bo0xZxcrtbcsxez

#55 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

You can block while strafing/moonwalking.

Limewire, I'm not talking about dodge vs block but about 5% mana vs block. I'd rather have block.

Oh okay, for some reason I thought you were talking about dodge vs block :P

#56 Trevarion

Trevarion
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

this will be my specc.

http://www.wowhead.c...ZxbbZEcctAcstez
or
http://www.wowhead.c...bo0xZxcIt0csxez

Your a dreanei you dont need 3/3 hit.

#57 Bogar

Bogar
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:57 AM

http://www.wowhead.c...ZxbbZEcMtAustez

overall best build, you guys underestimate the power of armor pen

Pretty much what I'm planning on as well, with 1 more to nature's guidance from tidal mastery i suppose.

#58 Shockyy

Shockyy
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

A full stack sunder brings me down to 8600ish armor.....the 25% ancestral healing throws it back up to NORMAL.

It's a good talent, I just never realized why people don't use it

#59 Oteb

Oteb
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

guys:)

Go to ptr and and check toughness/resto spec without mana tide.

Its tottaly amazing how slippery we get with it.
I have no doubts what i will spec for healing in lower brackets.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eg. deadly throw is a joke now

#60 xarg

xarg

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:41 AM

Do you really think you're going to be able to drink freely enough to make up for not having mana tide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<