#41 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

High Spread Damage and diseases can't go together. TSG, Sweeping Strikes Bladestorm. PHDK I don't know which ones you've fought but the hunter is usually in 1st or right behind the DK. Shadowcleave, Free dispel protection because of the lock, and the lock is usually #1.

Stop trolling.

I like how you're getting destroyed in this argument, as you have failed to prove a logical point, let alone debate my question, so you resort to calling me a troll.

Good effort though.

Btw, I don't understand what you just posted about TSG
Lafu plays PHDK and he's always #1 in damage done

The lock is only #1 for shadowcleave because he has 13% increased damage on his dots from ebon plague.

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

Once again, and please answer this question, do you think a class with high spread and high burst would be balanced?

It isn't "high spread". It's good sustained aoe damage. dots tick for 1k at the very max and that's being overly generous. That's a whooping 666 dps! Weee

If we spread diseases, it mainly isn't for the dot damage. It's either for pestilencing them back to our original target because of cleansecleanseclenasecleanse...cleansecleanse or to get quick swaps. Sure, every bit of damage helps and it sometimes opens up switches, but the main point of pestilencing is that we don't have to use the IT/PS GCD and runes whenever we swap. Not getting 600 dot ticks. These dots won't kill anyone nor create any pressure.

#43 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

It isn't "high spread". It's good sustained aoe damage. dots tick for 1k at the very max and that's being overly generous. That's a whooping 666 dps! Weee

If we spread diseases, it mainly isn't for the dot damage. It's either for pestilencing them back to our original target because of cleansecleanseclenasecleanse...cleansecleanse or to get quick swaps. Sure, every bit of damage helps and it sometimes opens up switches, but the main point of pestilencing is that we don't have to use the IT/PS GCD and runes whenever we swap. Not getting 600 dot ticks. These dots won't kill anyone nor create any pressure.

The druid has to be trolling at this point, he keeps saying "High Damage and Diseases" in the same sentence and it doesn't make sense at all. 1 Corruption ticks harder than an ebon plagued Blood Plague and Frost Fever together.

#44 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

If DK spread damage isn't high, then why is Lafu #1 in all his fights against teams with a disease dispeller?
Because of the high burst of DKs(lol?)

Basically, you want DKs to keep doing their high spread, while getting high burst.

Didn't know people wanted s5 DKs back.

#45 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Did I say he was only dotting 1 thing up? No. Stop assuming stuff and hate to break it to you but a UA locks burts is higher than a DKs. There DoT's also tick 2-3x harder.

Well how is multitarget burst of any importance? They have great sustained on several targets, but it isn't like doing 20% damage to 3 targets in 3 second is equal to 60% damage to a single target in 3 seconds, even if the total damage done.

Hate to break it to me? Well I kindly disagree, affli locks do not burst harder then you do. They pretty much only have their DoT's, of course they're gonna hit harder then yours are.

Diseases ticking, white hits and pumping those SS's (or DC, whatever) and you're gonna burst harder than an affli warlock could do.

#46 Spicybacon

Spicybacon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/1/.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Diseases ticking, white hits and pumping those SS's (or DC, whatever) and you're gonna burst harder than an affli warlock could do.

This.

Posted Image

I was a terror since the public school era.
Bathroom passes, cuttin' classes, squeezin' asses.

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

There's is no "high spread". There's slow, persistant, aoe damage.
SS Bladestorm quickly opens up switches, an affliwarlock dotting up two targets too. We could be fucking sapphiron and have a disease aura that would automatically deal disease damage to anyone around us, our damage would be fucking ridiculous yet we wouldn't be in a real better state.

I hate falling to that :\

#48 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

If DK spread damage isn't high, then why is Lafu #1 in all his fights against teams with a disease dispeller?
Because of the high burst of DKs(lol?)

Basically, you want DKs to keep doing their high spread, while getting high burst.

Didn't know people wanted s5 DKs back.

I agree with you in this question, and high spread is one of the reasons behind DKs often ending up in the top of scoreboards.

The thing you're kinda missing is that DKs, imo, have decent spread (nothing compared to affli warlocks), decent burst and really good sustained damage.

I heard a blizzard quote that was quite fitting for this, surprisingly so for blizzard. It was something like: "Many DKs want a class that hits as fast as a rogue but as hard as a warrior".

Giving them both would result in a high constant burst, resulting in insane amounts of healing for the target to survive. Kinda like DKs used to be in s5, before all the nerfs started to come.

I'd like to see DKs be something like a melee affli warlock. Having no real single target burst, but instead having great sustained multitarget damage and good utility (something they already have).

#49 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

There's is no "high spread". There's slow, persistant, aoe damage.
SS Bladestorm quickly opens up switches, an affliwarlock dotting up two targets too. We could be fucking sapphiron and have a disease aura that would automatically deal damage to anyone around us, our damage would be fucking ridiculous yet we wouldn't be in any better state.

I hate falling to that :\

I don't think any of these players have played since 3.2.2 :\

#50 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

I don't think any of these players have played since 3.2.2 :\

Hey I'm not saying DKs are fine right now. I haven't played against any DK since the latest SS hotfix. I don't think they're necessarily fine.

Quoting myself from my last post:

I'd like to see DKs be something like a melee affli warlock. Having no real single target burst (like affli now), but instead having great sustained multitarget damage and good utility (something they already have).

#51 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

Hey I'm not saying DKs are fine right now. I haven't played against any DK since the latest SS hotfix. I don't think they're necessarily fine.

Quoting myself from my last post:

If we were like that, there would be no reason to take us over an actual affliction warlock. Which is pretty much the state we are right now. We don't have anything over them and they have CC/Control over us.

#52 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

If we were like that, there would be no reason to take us over an actual affliction warlock. Which is pretty much the state we are right now. We don't have anything over them and they have CC/Control over us.

I didn't say that they should make you an affliction warlock without fear. I said they should make DKs a melee version of affli locks.

I'm no game dev, it's not up to me to balance the game.

I just think it would be a better niche to fill then the nonMS-high burst melee (where ferals and, atleast before, retris would fall in).

#53 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

pummel? Death grip? Chains? Way better survivability? Warlocks don't have any of those things.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#54 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

pummel? Death grip? Chains? Way better survivability? Warlocks don't have any of those things.

Chains single target only, CoE is multi, Way better survivability? Hardly. Pummel and death grip sure.

#55 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Chains single target only, CoE is multi, Way better survivability? Hardly. Pummel and death grip sure.

Sorry, but did you just compare a 30% slow to CoI? :)

Cute...

#56 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Sorry, but did you just compare a 30% slow to CoI? :)

Cute...

CoI was strong because of it's ability to be casted on multiple targets in 3s (Shadowcleave, PHD, even TSG a bit)

#57 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Isn't that a bug? Why do you keep bringing it up when it wasn't an announced change.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#58 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Isn't that a bug? Why do you keep bringing it up when it wasn't an announced change.

It's not a bug, or if it is then I retract that part of the post.

#59 Ispep1

Ispep1
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

sigh... i understand this from a pve point of view it was out of hand but really... o well gonna try make blood or dw frost work i guess

#60 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

I think that CoI "change" is a bug. Anyhow, it's not weak just because you can't use it on their whole team. It's still a powerful tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<