#21 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Not trying to derail, as the new SS change is pretty poorly thought out.

I just wanna know one thing. Why do you think DKs are crippled by disease cleansing? As if you're damage becomes non existent? Why do you need near undispellable diseases? DKs vs resto druid teams do ridiculous damage.

I can go through your game history and pick some games out
http://www.wowarmory...91815&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...91784&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...74044&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...40293&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...40565&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...38680&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...39301&b=Rampage

Notice something about these games?
You are the #1 damage out of both teams
Notice something else?
The other team has a paladin, priest, or shaman.

So please, how is it possible to have your damage crippled by disease cleansing and still be the top damage?

It's the same for other top rated DKs, although in shadowcleave the lock is usually #1 for obvious reasons.

DKs aren't OP.
They are balanced.

Wanting high burst with high spread coupled with the utility of the class would make DKs OP and start back down the path towards s5.

You're joking right? Our damage is high because we have probably the easiest damage to spread. That damage we spread will never pressure ANYTHING if any healer is worth his shit. I have warriors out damage me in 2s half the time, hunters too, every now and then a rogue might. Why? Because we don't have as many targets to lolpestilence to. And those 3 classes have a 50% MS, DK's need one at this point on blood strike so all specs can have it(LOL FALLING BACK TO MS).

If you honestly believe that DK's getting a scourge strike buff would make them overpowered, you should quit cause you don't have a clue. Classes without an MS are supposed to have some decent burst, right now DK's have none.

And what amazing utility do we have? Chains of Ice only castable on one target. Death Grip? A pathetic excuse to bring a DK.

#22 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

You're joking right? Our damage is high because we have probably the easiest damage to spread. That damage we spread will never pressure ANYTHING if any healer is worth his shit. I have warriors out damage me in 2s half the time, hunters too, every now and then a rogue might. Why? Because we don't have as many targets to lolpestilence to. And those 3 classes have a 50% MS, DK's need one at this point on blood strike so all specs can have it(LOL FALLING BACK TO MS).

If you honestly believe that DK's getting a scourge strike buff would make them overpowered, you should quit cause you don't have a clue. Classes without an MS are supposed to have some decent burst, right now DK's have none.

So once again, you want high burst with high spread. It doesn't matter that your spread can be easily healed through, it's that you have high spread that require healers to waste mana on those targets, running them oom faster than if 1 person was taking damage.

And really? You get out damaged in 2s most of the time? Are you just awful?

http://www.wowarmory...13915&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...81114&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...03326&b=Rampage
http://www.wowarmory...76760&b=Rampage

Lafu's games against teams with a disease dispeller. Still top damage by an insane margin

Here's a 10min game that they lose
http://www.wowarmory...43427&b=Rampage

Still out damaged the warrior.

Another against a shaman/lock
http://www.wowarmory...43771&b=Rampage

Destroyed in damage again and shaman have the best utility to remove DK diseases.

So, once again, your claims that your DPS is crippled by disease removal is just hot air, as I can go through match history and see DKs on top for 90% of the fights.

And please, don't ever try to downplay your class utility.
I mean, I can do that to.
Why bring a mage? poly, please dispelled instantly.
Novas? pathetic excuse.

#23 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

Do you understand the difference between controlled burst and overall damage? Because it's a pretty important difference.

#24 Zoltån

Zoltån
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

"magical attacks still can't hit as hard as physical attacks"

LOL?

QFT
Destro Locks/ Ele Shams.... idk about you guys but ive never hit for 15k eviscerates/envenoms on a full geared target
Spoiler

Drug and Pharmaceuticals expert Zoltang will uncover this mystery

Zoltang #1 rogue and #1 raver

#25 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

Do you understand the difference between controlled burst and overall damage? Because it's a pretty important difference.

That druids either trolling or slow.

QFT
Destro Locks/ Ele Shams.... idk about you guys but ive never hit for 15k eviscerates/envenoms on a full geared target

Hardest envenom I've seen on me was around 8800 when I had 880-ish resil, I sad faced.

#26 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

Yes.
Do you understand that a class with high spread also having high burst would be OP?

#27 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

I'm just curious but do you think warlocks are useless because they don't have burst? (affliction)

From my perspective there's more to being a dps class than having high burst.
Posted Image
Spoiler

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

It doesn't matter that your spread can be easily healed through, it's that you have high spread that require healers to waste mana on those targets, running them oom faster than if 1 person was taking damage.

Now, tell us when you actually lose mana. When no-one takes damage and you can get everything back to full with 2-3 hots, or when you have to spam nourish into something? Guess what : it's the same for every healer and druids are actually the healer we probably have the least problem with.. No-one has any problem healing 3 people getting hit by somewhere between 1500 and 2k damage every 3 sec.

You're either trolling -and so you know, trolling is disgusting- or completely clueless about game and/or DK mechanics if you do not understand we lose between 20 and 30% damage on a single strike by simply removing Blood Plague or Ebon Plague and that healing 300k damage is a bazillion times easier than healing 200k admage if it's predictable and without any spikes compared to bursty damage.

#29 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

I'm just curious but do you think warlocks are useless because they don't have burst? (affliction)

From my perspective there's more to being a dps class than having high burst.

DoT crits, instant shadowbolts, and drain soul all provide plenty of burst.

#30 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Now, tell us when you actually lose mana. When no-one takes damage and you can get everything back to full with 2-3 hots, or when you have to spam nourish into something? Guess what : it's the same for everyone. No-one has any problem healing 3 people getting hit by somewhere between 1500 and 2k damage every 3 sec.

You're either trolling -and so you know, trolling is disgusting- or completely clueless about game and/or DK mechanics if you do not understand we lose between 20 and 30% damage on a single strike by simply removing Blood Plague or Ebon Plague and that healing 300k damage is a bazillion times easier than healing 200k admage if it's predictable and without any spikes compared to bursty damage.

It's not that the healing is so intense that I have to 3x lifebloom and rejuve someone.

It's that you have to heal the spread, which requires mana and GCDs, instead of just having to worry about 1 target taking damage.
You're trying to downplay spread damage like it's useless

Once again, and please answer this question, do you think a class with high spread and high burst would be balanced?

#31 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Yes.
Do you understand that a class with high spread also having high burst would be OP?

So DKS in 3.2 were op? fuck no.. we want the old SS (probably with a slight buff) back and some disease protection is it that hard to understand?

Yet we get this crap

#32 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

It's not that the healing is so intense that I have to 3x lifebloom and rejuve someone.

It's that you have to heal the spread, which requires mana and GCDs, instead of just having to worry about 1 target taking damage.
You're trying to downplay spread damage like it's useless

In this current state of the game, unless it's bursty spread damage (Sweeping strikes Bladestorm, SoC Divine Storm, ETC.). Then for the most part it is useless.

#33 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

They have actual dispel protection as well

#34 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

You're not serious are you?
Posted Image
Spoiler

#35 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

They have actual dispel protection as well

Nothing like 10k crits and 4 second silence UA's.

#36 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

So DKS in 3.2 were op? fuck no.. we want the old SS (probably with a slight buff) back and some disease protection is it that hard to understand?

Yet we get this crap

Why did you just quote me when what you said didn't have anything to do with what I said? lol

In this current state of the game, unless it's bursty spread damage (Sweeping strikes Bladestorm, SoC Divine Storm, ETC.). Then for the most part it is useless.

Don't know what to say. High spread damage is never useless, because you can pair yourself with another class that does high single target (hunter/war) or another high spread (aff lock) and do well

Or do you think comps like
TSG
PHDK
and shadowcleave are all bad comps?

#37 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Why did you just quote me when what you said didn't have anything to do with what I said? lol

Don't know what to say. High spread damage is never useless, because you can pair yourself with another class that does high single target (hunter/war) or another high spread (aff lock) and do well

Or do you think comps like
TSG
PHDK
and shadowcleave are all bad comps?

High Spread Damage and diseases can't go together. TSG, Sweeping Strikes Bladestorm. PHDK I don't know which ones you've fought but the hunter is usually in 1st or right behind the DK. Shadowcleave, Free dispel protection because of the lock, and the lock is usually #1.

Stop trolling.

#38 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

This might sound like a stupid troll attempt from me, but DK complaining about AFFLI lock BURST? Those two words really don't match up. Sure, affli locks are good when they can spread damage on 2-3 (or more) targets, but that is pretty much their only way to get some pressure.

They can absolutely not burst something down by themself by just pumping damage into one target.

After fully dotting something, all they have is drain life or searing pain, both pretty bad dps spells, aswell as 3 sec cast shadowbolts.

Insane nightfall RNG might give them decent burst, but that would require 2-3 procs (4-8% chance on corruption) during a very short timeframe. In other words, it's very unlikely.

#39 Hellsdevil

Hellsdevil
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Isn't Patch 3.3 called "Fail of the Death Knight"? :confused: :mad:

#40 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

This might sound like a stupid troll attempt from me, but DK complaining about AFFLI lock BURST? Those two words really don't match up. Sure, affli locks are good when they can spread damage on 2-3 (or more) targets, but that is pretty much their only way to get some pressure.

They can absolutely not burst something down by themself by just pumping damage into one target.

After fully dotting something, all they have is drain life or searing pain, both pretty bad dps spells, aswell as 3 sec cast shadowbolts.

Insane nightfall RNG might give them decent burst, but that would require 2-3 procs (4-8% chance on corruption) during a very short timeframe. In other words, it's very unlikely.

Did I say he was only dotting 1 thing up? No. Stop assuming stuff and hate to break it to you but a UA locks burts is higher than a DKs. There DoT's also tick 2-3x harder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<