Jspot
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

^ i'd like see you playing rogue :D

Serious? Rogue has always had one of the lowest skill caps across the board. If you actually think locking a target down completely so you don't even need to move while you and your partner pump dps into a target is hard....oh my.

#202 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

^ i'd like see you playing rogue :D

I can link you to my rogue that was 2560 last season, but that wouldn't change the fact that you're an idiot.

The only problem rogues had s5-s6 was the fact that they did NO damage to plate. Now damage to plate is a joke with no nerfs so they're insane.

#203 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Serious? Rogue has always had one of the lowest skill caps across the board. If you actually think locking a target down completely so you don't even need to move while you and your partner pump dps into a target is hard....oh my.

I always thought rogues were the hardest melee class to play (don't read: hardest overall). Knowing how to CC as a melee dps class meant positioning and timing were very important.

In general, id say the "hardest" classes are those that must play offensively and defensively at the same time. Pets add to difficulty too. Assuming "regular" non retarded specs:
1. Priest
2. Warlock
3. Shaman
4. Druid
5. Hunter
6. Rogue
7. Mage
8. Warrior
9. Paladin/Deathknight
10. Paladin/Deathknight

While its obvious you can tell a "good" warrior" from a "bad warrior" they simply don't have to pay attention to as much as say a priest, warlock, or shaman do. (seriously guys, how often do you look at your own team's health bars?)

#204 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

highest skillcap class i can play is a facerolling warrior who has bladestorm bound to every button

i dont play any other classes
xfire: dustitoff :warrior:
Posted Image

#205 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

I may have ranked druid a little high.. thinking about it more...

#206 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

highest skillcap class i can play is a facerolling warrior who has bladestorm bound to every button

i dont play any other classes

Other than cheesing out and earning your season 5 title on a DK..
CHEATER!

Real warriors are deadly duelists.

#207 Amused

Amused
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

I strongly disagree on this. Warrior druid used to decimate rogue/priest (seasons 2,3,4) Maybe it was back in old stoneform days, but I bet i never lost a match to that combo. The only matches we really lost as warrior/druid were to double dps that could zerg very well (and I got no mace stuns)

well there's a reason i put "counter" in quotations. warrior/dru really shined with mace stun in tbc and idk what truly countered it (as you can tell i'm a s6 hero). i shoulda just put top 3 _competitors_
sunkissed skin so hot we'll melt your popsicle

#208 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

While its obvious you can tell a "good" warrior" from a "bad warrior" they simply don't have to pay attention to as much as say a priest, warlock, or shaman do. (seriously guys, how often do you look at your own team's health bars?)

unfortunately that is the case alot of the time due to the limited functionality of what a warrior can do for his teammates outside of disarm/intervene/demo/tclap/ charge/intercept stun . At least as a prot warrior you can be looking how your parties health is in regards to spell reflecting/using the safeguard portion of intervene etc

It is still worth it to keep an eye on your teammates bars tho so I just have them in a more out of the way spot on my screen.
Posted Image

#209 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

Other than cheesing out and earning your season 5 title on a DK..
CHEATER!

Real warriors are deadly duelists.

haha yea was the most retarded thing ever tbh, glad in a week on a hateful geared dk with some garbage naxx 25 wep with a priest (who had never played paladin before) playing on a trade channel paladin

well i did get duelist on my warrior that season! I just gave up playing it about halfway through. Wish i had dual betrayers so i could have rode the skill train to glad in 5s lmao
Posted Image

#210 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

unfortunately that is the case alot of the time due to the limited functionality of what a warrior can do for his teammates outside of disarm/intervene/demo/tclap/ charge/intercept stun . At least as a prot warrior you can be looking how your parties health is in regards to spell reflecting/using the safeguard portion of intervene etc

It is still worth it to keep an eye on your teammates bars tho so I just have them in a more out of the way spot on my screen.

Yeah, I will agree that prot has a higher skillcap than arms for the reasons you stated. That is why i am having so much fun with it. Rather than facerollling my rotation like I have for the last 3 seasons, I get to try new things, make mistakes, and learn stuff.

Higher skillcap = more fun.
EDIT:
Keep in mind though, becuase of prot's nature, its higher skillcap also comes with a "more forgiving" to mistakes clause. You can miss a bash with prot and still do fine. But if you are able to coordinate well, prot can become unstoppable.

#211 Aloquent

Aloquent
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

I think Hunter is the hardest class to play and coincidentally the easiest class to tell whether someone is bad or good.

#212 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

I think every class in this game is a joke.

#213 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

I think Hunter is the hardest class to play and coincidentally the easiest class to tell whether someone is bad or good.

Hunter was a lot more difficult to play before season 5. I used to rank them as the #1 most difficult to play. Even after their season 5 nerfs, they are still powerful enough to do well mashing their dps buttons and not helping their team mates at all.

#214 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

yup hunters in wrath are pretty much a joke to play tbh
you can still tell a good hunter from a bad one but after seeing the absolute joke of class they were in S5 with explosive shot and tnt stun it became harder to tell a really good one from one carried by their class

pre wrath hunters def took a high skill cap to play well in arenas
Posted Image

#215 Jspot

Jspot
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

Mage (pre wrath, pre 9000 novas) was far and away the hardest class to play. While warriors have a low skill cap as well, the point still stands--relative to other classes, rogues have one of the lowest skill caps. This was an argument thrown at the priest saying how he'd love to see someone try and play the rogue in the scenario described earlier...like it would be hard :/

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

LoL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users