Lightkun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Vek'nilash
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

Belligerent said:

I just don't get how people find the fact that each of the classes has the ability to do a 5+ second cc overly skillful and not just OP. After a couple minutes, there's only so many ways you can break out of something.

I don't think anyone considers being able to CC effectively to be rocket science or anything it's still a damn sight harder than tunneling one target.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

this game would be far better if either;

A. Casters could cast while moving or
B. Melee couldnt hit while moving                  
- Masque, EU Hellscream http://forums.wow-eu...266716&sid=1#12

#22 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Belligerent said:

I just don't get how people find the fact that each of the classes has the ability to do a 5+ second cc overly skillful and not just OP. After a couple minutes, there's only so many ways you can break out of something.

I just don't get how people find the fact that each of the classes can do retarded instant CC and unhealable damage in cleave teams overly skillful and not just OP.  After a couple of seconds, there's only so many ways you can mitigate idiotic amounts of physical damage.

Honestly anyone who plays cleave (you) is not allowed to bitch about any comp, ever.  Cleave is the lowest of the low for WoW comps

#23 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:55 AM

What an interesting thread, as always.

To everyone trying to reason with morons;
Spoiler

"Keatsxoxo" said:

P.S. If you see a hunter in the street try not to make eye contact. If you accidentally meet his gaze, try standing still, if my theories are correct and hunters in fact share 68.4% of their DNA with the T-rex, he won't be able to see you and you may avoid attack.
Spoiler

#24 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

p.s. ShadowCLEAVE

#25 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Belligerent said:

p.s. ShadowCLEAVE

Woah this might be the dumbest thing i've read this week...
Posted Image

#26 Peacepipe

Peacepipe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Whether it takes skill or not, it is completely unacceptable for the same setup to be a tier 1 comp for 7 straight seasons.

Say what you want about cleaves and how lame they are but at least the actual comp variety and strength changes with each season.

#27 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

They accomplish the same goal through dots, but it can't be compared?

#28 slrut

slrut
  • Lolbeast
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:02 AM

Belligerent said:

p.s. ShadowCLEAVE

nice

#29 Lipgloss

Lipgloss
  • Junkies

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

rofl

#30 Lipgloss

Lipgloss
  • Junkies

it has cleave in its name so it must work the exact same way as melee cleave
god rofl
you play with a prot warrior

#31 Xarzzardorn

Xarzzardorn
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/1/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 1643

Trakke said:

A big reason that RMP is strong is just because it's been decent in 7 seasons and u got people who played it ALOT and perfected strategys versus alot of classes and situations, im not saying RMP isnt good but it's like this:

When a RMP start a fight it's like they are the one hitting you and you gotta dodge and avoid the punches, and if you survive a while the RMP gets tired and you can knock them down with a single hard blow (awesome metaphor if i can say so myself)

The short while i played RMP i loved the synergy with all the CCs, and i loved fighting WLDs and Shadowcleaves, dunno.

I think that more combos should be like that, one of my fav combos is rdruid/mage/warrior, so high skillcap it's sick

no this isnt the reason

#32 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

Belligerent said:

They accomplish the same goal through dots, but it can't be compared?

The "goal" you are talking about is killing the other team? Yes, but its not by targeting someone and press W and rightclick it, they need CC chains, good portal placement, good communication and alot of peeling to pull of a win vs cleaves, the fact you even compared the 2 is hilarious, and the fact you highlighted "cleave" as if it would be a cleave, you know cleave stands for 2 melee dps? Damn i dno if ur trolling it feels wrong responding to you. You drunk or smth?

Glickz said:

no this isnt the reason

Didnt say THE, i said a
Posted Image

#33 Lightkun

Lightkun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Vek'nilash
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

Peacepipe said:

Whether it takes skill or not, it is completely unacceptable for the same setup to be a tier 1 comp for 7 straight seasons.

I don't see why it's unacceptable at all. It being overpowered (mostly due to WOTLK damage) isn't really why the setup has been popular for so long.

RMP is a setup that has no hardcounters whatsoever and every counter it comes across it can beat. I've got nothing but hate for RMP, but RMP is what every setup should be designed towards.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

this game would be far better if either;

A. Casters could cast while moving or
B. Melee couldnt hit while moving                  
- Masque, EU Hellscream http://forums.wow-eu...266716&sid=1#12

#34 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

Nadagast said:

RMP is only OP if you play some moronic cleave team, in which case again I really have no sympathy for you at all

You're letting counter comp rage cloud your objectivity. While I agree that rmp has to do more to score a kill than melee cleaves, you can't deny that it's a consistently top tier(op) comp.

klass said:

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is  through the first thing you tab targeted.

#35 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

Lightkun said:

RMP is what every setup should be designed towards.

This!! We dont need to nerf RMP, we need "more" rmp combos, we dont want spellcleavemirrors all the day long do we
Posted Image

#36 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:08 AM

Whiteshadow said:

You're letting counter comp rage cloud your objectivity. While I agree that rmp has to do more to score a kill than melee cleaves, you can't deny that it's a consistently top tier(op) comp.

I'm not denying that RMP is consistently a top tier comp, but calling it OP other than like S5 and early S6 (maybe) is wrong imo.  It's how other comps should be designed

and it doesn't really have anything to do with counter comp.  We beat cleaves plenty, and I've played wizard cleave.  I still think Cleave is just a pathetic excuse for a comp, it's way too easy

#37 Peacepipe

Peacepipe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:10 AM

Lightkun said:

I don't see why it's unacceptable at all.
How do you not see it as unacceptable?

This would be equivalent to Blizzard letting one class be the top dps for every instance that came out for the past two expansions. They intentionally change class mechanics and encounter design so that class strength is constantly fluctuating.

#38 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

So the mindset is that 2-3k dps on all players is okay, but if its all focused on one player, then it's bad.

#39 Lipgloss

Lipgloss
  • Junkies

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

rfl

#40 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

Lipgloss said:

rfl

constructive