Help

I Hate RMP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#1 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

Hi, friendly friends of AJ! I play against the best Rogue/Mage/Priest teams in the country. I feel that the changes to aura mastery and divine sacrifice were not needed. Aura mastery causes a really backwards effect in pvp. It's intended to let you get a spell cast off, but instead, Aura Mastery almost equals: Blind, Fingers of Frost Deep Freeze, Sprint Gouge, Pscyhic Scream, Sheep, LOOK AT the Paladin. It was reduced down to 6 seconds.

What is a paladin supposed to be able to do in 6 seconds? They can start to cast a Flash of Light or a Holy Light and never see it finish for those 6 seconds. Once those short 6 seconds are done, BAM > COUNTERSPELLED. It really leaves me feeling like Aura Mastery more often gets you crowd controlled rather than letting you cast, which is what it's intended to do.

Next, the Divine Sacrifice change?? Damage reduction was cut in half AND the duration was changed to 6 seconds? First of all, good luck keeping a Warlock or Mage alive against a Enchancement Shaman/ Beast Mastery Hunter/ Healer team from now on. Also, any good RMP team has eyes, and possibly brains; When you use your Divine Sacrifice or Hand of Sacrifice, they either: 1. Completely swap to a secondary target or 2. Dispel it instantly and follow it with a Polymorph.

I'm aware that I play an unfavorable comp, but wouldn't you do whatever it took to stand a chance?

Thanks for not even reading this! See you soon!

#2 Phaymous

Phaymous
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

Belligerent said:

Is the top team supposed to remain that way, or in this case, actually get buffed (1 second off Frost Bolt after Ice Lance crits). Icelance, the instant cast ability without a cooldown that does over 3,000 damage, has a 60+% chance to be a critical whenever something is frozen!

You do realize the Frozen Core change you're QQing about never went live, right?

#3 Aggronaut

Aggronaut
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationPA

The Frozen Core change didn't go live

#4 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Belligerent said:

I'm aware that I play an unfavorable comp, but wouldn't you do whatever it took to stand a chance?

No sympathy at all, you play with a Hunter + Prot Warrior.  You're not allowed to bitch about comps

#5 Emodecay

Emodecay
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

I don't have much to say, but I can totally agree, that I am sick of RMP being rank 1 viable every season, I am sure no one "tries" to make this, the way it is... But RMP has been a very viable comp as long as I remember, and it makes me puke. /wrists if my baddie ass has to eventually re-roll rogue, or priest, to ever get my baddie glad again :'(! Non cookie-cutter comps ftw! (except in season 5...)

#6 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Both of you stop bitching about RMP.  It's at least a skilled comp, you're not gonna see total retards at 2500+ with it like a lot of other comps.  And it's not like it's hard to get Gladiator with any other class

There should be more comps like RMP, not less

#7 Flexwheeler

Flexwheeler

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

Nadagast said:

No sympathy at all, you play with a Hunter + Prot Warrior.  You're not allowed to bitch about comps

How on earth is the other teams mage doing anything with a prot warrior and hunter on your team :confused:

#8 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

edited for the fact that i'm dumb

#9 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:29 AM

It gets old playing against a statistically overrepresented comp for 7 seasons.

klass said:

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is  through the first thing you tab targeted.

#10 lchigo

lchigo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

I love to play against RMP.
At least i know that they are NOT training someone down like TSG and similiar setups do, neither globaling someone like wizcleave does.
Simply, ive adapted to RMPs, and i know it takes more skill than to spam whatever lights up on CD.
I feel that i outplayed them when i win vs RMP, and at least, if they make mistakes, they can loose, not like some setups.
VS us at least.

#11 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

A big reason that RMP is strong is just because it's been decent in 7 seasons and u got people who played it ALOT and perfected strategys versus alot of classes and situations, im not saying RMP isnt good but it's like this:

When a RMP start a fight it's like they are the one hitting you and you gotta dodge and avoid the punches, and if you survive a while the RMP gets tired and you can knock them down with a single hard blow (awesome metaphor if i can say so myself)

The short while i played RMP i loved the synergy with all the CCs, and i loved fighting WLDs and Shadowcleaves, dunno.

I think that more combos should be like that, one of my fav combos is rdruid/mage/warrior, so high skillcap it's sick
Posted Image

#12 Shockt

Shockt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

I agree with Belligerentz, they are nerfing paladins, which is not nessasary... And yes RMP requires skill but it's also an OP comp since the start of arena..

Also, ofc they didnt fix holy shock bug.. sigh

#13 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

RMP is only OP if you play some moronic cleave team, in which case again I really have no sympathy for you at all

#14 Lightkun

Lightkun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Vek'nilash
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

I don't think anyone who has ever done Arena seriously (who's never played RMP) has anything but hate for the setup.

I love and hate RMP, I hate it because I was pretty sick of playing against the same setup for 6 seasons but I also love it because (although it can be played retardedly because of WotLK damage) it still requires more to play than the likes of cleave.

RMP is basically how every setup should be designed to be like however. I don't think you should ever be able to kill someone in WoW without the opposing healer either being CCed, interupted or OOM.

Which is why cleave and especially Wizard Cleave are an abomination.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

this game would be far better if either;

A. Casters could cast while moving or
B. Melee couldnt hit while moving                  
- Masque, EU Hellscream http://forums.wow-eu...266716&sid=1#12

#15 vinas

vinas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

Unfortunately RMP had all the counters for holy pala for all seasons and yes it was minimized till this patch:)

#16 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Ellonija said:

works like once or twice, then the other team's brains turn on.

That's not true sorry

#17 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Trakke said:

When a RMP start a fight it's like they are the one hitting you and you gotta dodge and avoid the punches, and if you survive a while the RMP gets tired and you can knock them down with a single hard blow

gonna quote myself here, i like these kind of aggresive combos especially when you team them vs outlasting combos, it makes for fun games. PROTs dont belong in arenas, fo
Posted Image

#18 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

Lightkun said:

I don't think anyone who has ever done Arena seriously (who's never played RMP) has anything but hate for the setup.

I've never played RMP and I don't hate RMP at all

#19 Lightkun

Lightkun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Vek'nilash
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

Nadagast said:

I've never played RMP and I don't hate RMP at all

Maybe just me then, I've never played setups that had an easy time against RMP (the likes of WMP/WMD mostly), I'd still bet that RMP is probably the most universally hated setup tho.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

this game would be far better if either;

A. Casters could cast while moving or
B. Melee couldnt hit while moving                  
- Masque, EU Hellscream http://forums.wow-eu...266716&sid=1#12

#20 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

I just don't get how people find the fact that each of the classes has the ability to do a 5+ second cc overly skillful and not just OP. After a couple minutes, there's only so many ways you can break out of something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<