#41 Ljunge

Ljunge
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

The thing no one seems to mention is the resilience loss when using pve items. Sure you might not lose any spell power and still gain a decent amount of haste, but by doing so you will also drop around 200ish in resilience.

Don't know what you think but imo that will be quite noticeable. In my experience you cant afford to use too many pve items (like mages do for example) because of the pressure some zergteams can put out on you.

If you want to keep your resilience (or something close to it) and still get some haste, your only option is to regem, switch trinkets (like the wg one and battlemasters with haste) and get the weap + oh. This will result in a spellpower loss of 300-400 though.

I sure hope blizzard implements an offset with haste. You shouldn't be forced to do pve to be successful in pvp and the other way around.

Thoughts?

#42 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

innervate glyph is 1500 mana. you shouldnt need a "crazy good" arguement to drop that.

#43 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

I sure hope blizzard implements an offset with haste. You shouldn't be forced to do pve to be successful in pvp and the other way around.

Thoughts?

people have always been forced to pve if they want to be as successful as possible.

#44 Ljunge

Ljunge
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

people have always been forced to pve if they want to be as successful as possible.

I'm fine with the fact that some pve items could give you an edge in pvp (like the toc trinkets) but when people start getting close to 30-40% pve items it just makes me sad :) Hopefully the changes to the pvp sets will make them more attractive.

I guess time will tell what the balance between resi, haste and sp will be. But as far as I can tell we can't afford to use too many pve items.

#45 Krebosh

Krebosh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Haste will most likely (as it always been) be a good stat in moderate amounts. But some people here really seem to be exaggerating on what stacking does.

Like pretty much all other stats in wow, haste gets worse the more you have of it. Instead haste scales with spell power, crit (not so much for druids obviously), etc. Just as spell power scales with haste and crit. That means that ideally you want to have a balanced amount of everything. Obviously theres no limits or thresholds on where you wanna stack what but i really doubt throwing on every single piece of haste gear/gems you can find is gonna be a good idea.

Actually with the haste buff in 3.3, every single bit of haste on your gear will be WORSE than what it was pre-3.3. Because getting 100 haste rating when you already have a good chunk of haste does less than what it does when you have 0 haste. And while it indeed does seem a lot smoother to play with plenty of haste that largely comes from that you notice it every GCD while you wont notice your mana ticks giving you 10 mana less per tick or your lifeblooms ticking for 20 health less per second. But those things adds up too, just like haste does.

Personally I rarely update my gear or spec (lol i really should do that i guess). I could definitely see it being beneficial to switch a bunch of off pieces from spi/mp5 to haste as well as maybe socketing 12sp/10hr into yellow sockets. I suppose i'll have to try that. But i doubt i'll sacrifice any spellpower beyond minimal amounts for it. And i really doubt hardcore haste stacking will be worth it to reach funny caps people found here and there (no, you're not suddenly gonna become super awesome because you managed to push your lifebloom GCD from 1.03 to 1.00 seconds). In the end i really dont think gear setups will have a major effect on your performance anyway. Switching around gear wont make your rating skyrocket with 200 points more than before. It might make you win 21/30 games instead of 20/30 and thats hardly gonna affect your rating more than 10-20 points.

You'll always be much better off trying to improve as a player and l2p-ing rather than perfecting your gear according to some principle.

#46 Blastz

Blastz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

I'm fine with the fact that some pve items could give you an edge in pvp (like the toc trinkets) but when people start getting close to 30-40% pve items it just makes me sad :) Hopefully the changes to the pvp sets will make them more attractive.

you seem pretty happy

phatgypsy: i can sit there and smoke like 4 bowls back to back and go drive a schoolbus full of kids
phatgypsy: if im wasted drunk i cant even walk or talk correctly

#47 holowicki

holowicki
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

innervate glyph is 1500 mana. you shouldnt need a "crazy good" arguement to drop that.

its wotlk and 90% of teams r burst, still stuck in 2v2 brah?

#48 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Are you dumb or what?

The point of my post was that it shouldn't be hard to replace the innervate glyph as it's not that big of a deal.

#49 Blastz

Blastz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

are you retarded

phatgypsy: i can sit there and smoke like 4 bowls back to back and go drive a schoolbus full of kids

#50 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

so who is getting the rejuv glyph?

#51 neener69

neener69
  • Junkies

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

so who is getting the rejuv glyph?

i tryed it but didnt notice a big dif.but idk maybe i just need more haste :(

#52 Eledhel

Eledhel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

Faster nourish spam for TSG. Huzzah!
Nerf druids.

#53 Paxton

Paxton
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1918
  • RBG: 1521

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

.8-.85 second cyclone/root/nourishes inside heroism are soooo sexy

viva la wizard cleave!

#54 Amarasu

Amarasu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Faster nourish spam for TSG. Huzzah!

More like faster cyclone for TSG. I simply can't do it now cos there's always something interfering before I can finish the cast, maybe if it's faster I'll be able to actually do something eh?

I'd ignore every single thing said by a Blizzard CM. They are all retarded without exception.

#55 Hippolol

Hippolol
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Can someone plz tell me how much haste we need to get our HoT GCD to pre-GotEM change? (at least LB GCD)
Ty :D

#56 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

reju ticking every 2.2 sec : )

without heroism.

#57 SelenaGomez

SelenaGomez

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

I messed around with it a bit, it seems really good for pve and 3s. would seem to be a smart choice if you had the right gear setup.

but problems is most pvp durids dont have gotem nor much haste to start with...
and the glyphs we use are pretty necessary. Innervate seems to be likely option to swap out. I would just be really reluctant to use the glyph/gotm talent if it turns out to be like a .3 second change in b/w ticks in pvp gear.

On the other hand, 4 p t9 - rejuv glyph- haste- and the new http://db.mmo-champi...ng-ice-crystal/

rocks for pve hps!

#58 spewytrons

spewytrons
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

you seem pretty happy

+1

#59 Kyne

Kyne
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

pretty much it's amazing, you won't regret it.
Sorry Mastah Tommy

#60 Blastz

Blastz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

+1

i try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<