• EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

First of all this will hopefully be a point of reference for basic warrior advice.I'm a nerd therefore I'll keep it updated(PM me if you want anything added and it will be ASAP).

Specs:
Arms:
http://www.wowhead.c...IzxbMRzGzioGx0o This is a basic arms build with 9 free points.Most talents are "must-have".Points in Iron will,Tactical Mastery and Weapon mastery can be debated.

http://www.wowhead.c...IzxfrRzGuioGx0o Cookie cutter arena spec.Does not contain blood craze so lacks in solo play.Blood craze can be picked up at the cost of either sudden death,improved hamstring,1 point in TM/Iron Will or a combination of all three.

http://www.wowhead.c...IzxcrRzGuioGx0s Blood craze spec without weapon mastery.Must be complemented by a weapon chain.

Prot:
http://www.wowhead.c...Zf0trrfzibIdsho Build with free points(as many as i could),some people prefer to play without critical block though.Anticipation and especially armored to the teeth suggested but otherwise the points remaining are yours to spend.

Glyphs
Arms:

Major:
Glyph of Mortal Strike: Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike ability by 10%.

Cookie cutter glyph,pretty straight forward.I don't know any arms warrior who doesn't use it.

Glyph of Bladestorm: Reduces the cooldown on Bladestorm by 15 sec.

Excellent glyph,especially in 3v3.Getting a good bladestorm is key to winning especially when you're being cc'd a lot.This is probably the second most popular glyph after MS.

Glyph of Hamstring: Gives your Hamstring ability a 10% chance to immobilize the target for 5 sec.

Blessed by the gods of RNG,this is a very hated glyph.It stacks diminishingly with imp hamstring (23.5% chance to root with both) but the roots are on different DR which means you might imp ham someone for 5 sec and then proc the glyph for another 5.

Glyph of Execution: Your Execute ability deals damage as if you had 10 additional rage.

380 increased damage on executes.

Glyph of Overpower: Adds a 100% chance to enable your Overpower when your attacks are parried.

Good against dks and maybe other warriors.Situational.

Glyph of Rending: Increases the duration of your Rend ability by 6 sec.

Very good for saving globals/keeping rend on when you're being kited.Quite popular glyph as well.

Glyph of Sweeping Strikes: Reduces the rage cost of your Sweeping Strikes ability by 100%.

This can be macro'd with bladestorm and it's incredibly good in 3v3.Lost some worth post SS
nerf but it's still a great glyph.

Glyph of Shield Wall: Reduces the cooldown on Shield Wall by 2 min, but Shield Wall now only reduces damage taken by 40%.

Just listed for the heck of it.I don't know anyone who uses that.

Glyph of Rapid Charge: Reduces the cooldown of your Charge ability by 7%.(it's 1.4 seconds)
Another situational glyph,helps a bit with setting interrupt rotations and countering kiting.

Amongst those glyphs Mortal Strike is a must have and Hamstring,Rending,Sweeping Strikes and Bladestorm are the most popular contenders for the other 2 spots.The rest of the glyphs are still useful but a bit more situational.I will add detailed descriptions for every glyph as soon as I'm done with the basic stuff.

Minor:
Glyph of Charge: Increases the range of your Charge ability by 5 yards.
Glyph of Bloodrage: Reduces the health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 100%.
Glyph of Command: Increases the duration of your Commanding Shout ability by 2 min.
Glyph of Battle: Increases the duration of your Battle Shout ability by 2 min.
Glyph of Mocking Blow: Increases the damage of your Mocking Blow ability by 25%. (Only works on pets!)

A glyph no one should ever skip is Glyph of Bloodrage,it's definitely essential.From there on,most people go with glyph of charge (although there are some objections to that) and either glyph of Command or Battle,depending on which shout they use more in the comps they run.Glyh of Mocking blow has ridiculously limited uses.As with the major glyphs,detailed descriptions pending.

Prot
Major:
Glyph of Shockwave: Reduces the cooldown on Shockwave by 3 sec.
Glyph of Devastate: Your Devastate ability now applies two stacks of Sunder Armor.
Glyph of Intervene: Increases the number attacks you intercept for your Intervene target by 1.
Glyph of Blocking: Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.

Shockwave/Devastate/Blocking are extremely popular here.
Minor:
Same with Arms.

Races Will be added later in the day.
Horde:
Orc:Stun duration stacks multiplicatively with Iron will.Bloodfury is like a piss weak level 70 ap trinket but it comes for free.5 expertise with axes.
Tauren:Warstomp is very handy as an extra interrupt or for landing disarms etc.Small hp bonus.+Flower skill for hippies.Choosing orc or tauren is considered the best choice from horde.
Troll:Voodoo shuffle works on roots aswell.VERY good if you're playing something without a dispeller.Generally weaker than the fatter horde counterparts.
Undead:Don't roll undead.Extremely situational racials after wotf nerf.

Alliance:
Human:By far the best race for warriors,unless you are extremely lazy/limited timewise.Make pugs and ninja trinkets without caring about the rest of the group-every man for himself.
Gnome:Extremely good when playing without a dispeller.Sadly overshadowed by humans but have very unique looks.Roll one at your own risk.
Dwarf:Situational nowdays although stoneskin is nice for clearing deadly poison/feral bleeds when you expect a burst.They're not very bad but if you're serious about it roll human or don't say I didn't warn you.
Night Elf:Not very useful racials although the 2% less chance to be hit by melee can come handy at times.
Draenei:If you have fantasies with davy jones I guess you can roll this.

Note that racials don't change as easily as weapon specs and sometimes play a big part of your game.You can roll the race of which you like the animations most but I'd be very careful with it unless you're into giving mother blizzard 30$ or what is it to go human/orc.
Weapon Specs:

i)Mace- 15% armor penetration(210 ARP rating) for all your attacks.It works exactly as if you had an extra 210 ARP rating.

It stacks ADDITIVELY with Battle Stance,2piece t9 bonus and your ARP from gear.(More on arp here :http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=75925)

Humans get 3 expertise for using a mace.

ii)Sword- Gives a 10% chance that your damaging attacks will produce an extra white swing on your target(assuming you are facing him) with a 6 second cooldown between procs.

Self explanatory as well.The extra swing can proc of : white attacks,heroic strike/cleave,mortal strike,overpower,whirlwind,execute,mocking blow(testing needed) and slam.Rend,hamstring etc do not.The extra attack generates full rage,can crit,can be avoided/blocked and triggers proc mechanics.

It's favored amongst the humans as well,as it grants them 3 free expertise.

iii)Axe/Pole- Increases your crit chance by 5%(equal to 230 crit rating) and your critical strike damage by 5%.

The critical strike chance increase is simple,the crit damage increase raises your crit modifier from 2.23 to 2.28 (Assuming full impale and crit damage meta gem).I dare say that Axes are probably the most popular spec overall and it's the best spec for pve Arms in case that bothers you at all.

Orcs get 5 free expertise from Axes and Furious Gladiator Tankz claims they get you girls.

General Notes: I will dig up more math on this later on but for now keep in mind that "What is the best weapon spec" depends on how you gear/gem your warrior as well as your race,comps you play and playstyle.
There is no definitive answer on "What is best" as of now.You can ask for suggestions but the answer lies within your personal preference.

Combat Ratings
Hit: 5%(164 rating)normal cap,7%(230) vs elves

ARP:13.99 rating for 1% armor penetration
Armor pen caps for 3.2.2

Spoiler

Read more here: http://www.arenajunk...t=75925&page=11

Simple ARP calculator I've been using for a while now : http://eu-warrior.com/arpen.html

Crit:
45.91 crit rating for 1% crit
62.5 agility for 1% crit(also offers 0.85% dodge)

Basic Gearbuilds:

i)Full pvp set/Battlemaster: Used mainly by people who don't pve (But not only them).

Complemented with a Bloodshed Band and a Rigid King's Amber and "Of Victory" cloak for the hitcap,this build offers high survivability but the lowest damage output of all the other specs.

Swords and axes are favored by people who gem strength and all 3 weapons are seen on people who gem their set with arp.

ii)ARP Softcap: Based on the use of a signature an ARP proctrinket (Grim Toll/Mjolnir) people who choose this build go for maximum burst at the time trinket is up.Often(But not always) complemented by 2pc t9 which can be obtain easily ,your goal is to go as close to the ARP cap as possible when your trinket is up.

Full arp gemming until the softcap is vital for this build and it's probably the most popular build right now.Some people add more pve gear than the 2pc of t9 to get higher passive arp/attack power.

Mace is an easy way to softcap your arp but axe and sword are great aswell,especially if you have the pve gear to hit the softcap without the mace.

iii)The PVE Hero:People who raid a lot and play double healer go for this,using massive amounts of attack power and arp and low resilience without GT as their passive arp exceeds the softcap by far.

If you have high level pve gear and a death's choice it's worth a shot but generally it's very situational.

Maces/swords are usually preferred on such builds.

STR vs ARP
I have yet to see maths that support STR>ARP gemming on anywhere but mages.That said there are lots of warriors who are doing good with strength gems.

So in the name of Zeus before you ask what's better know this : a)ARP is better than STR on all the tests we've seen and B) do you know what's better than arp gemming? good players

Like weapon specs,gemming is a small fraction of your performance.So if you're doing good gem whatever you like.

Haste
No.Avoid it like the plague.

#2 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

glyphs as arms : MS - then you can chose either BS/hamstring/OP/SS for the last 2 - all personal preference.

horde race : orc/UD honestly.
alliance race : human/human/human/gnome.

weapon specs - sword if you want random burst, mace if you want overall high damage, axe if you.... want girls (get it lolz)

#3 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Rending is also a very good major glyph

#4 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

reserved spot in case it doesn't all fit in one post

reserved post failed,i'm a retard

#5 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

Rending is also a very good major glyph

hmm yeah, 6 sec more bleed uptime could be cool - but i doubt it'll beat a free SS, lower CD on skillstorm or imped hamstring (which has saved my life/my partners plenty of times, despite the rng)

#6 cArn-

cArn-
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Cho'gall
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

games are usually over in one bladestorm, you stupid double healer fags !

Though SS glyphs is really nice, but I'd still go with rending instead of bladestorm outside of a turtle comp

#7 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Though SS glyphs is really nice, but I'd still go with rending instead of bladestorm outside of a turtle comp

well - i've played with the glyph for a while, and i don't think i can play without it - the reduced cd is very easy to notice and being able to brostorm more often makes me happy.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

not all that often unless you play cleave comps, and even then I'd use BS over rending

I think most people use SS/BS/MS, you could try to fit rending in but I don't think its worth it

#9 cArn-

cArn-
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Cho'gall
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

Well I tried BS glyph, and also got some times in a situation I would have loved to have those -15 sec cd to win the game but it's bit too situational for my taste, I prefer having glyphs useful 100% of the time

#10 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

Yeah I still currently use MS/SS/BS, but tempted to try fit rending in again I liked it!

#11 Tisulit

Tisulit
  • Tisulit
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

MS/SS/BS or Rending

Skillstorm is so situational:(

#12 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

Bout time someone updated this...thx m8

#13 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

at the axe part, i was refering to :

#14 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

i spray axe on my axe if you know what i mean

thx for the update power!

in regards to the glyphs, I guess it really depends how long games with your comp last. I just really like skillstorm glyph for the sole reason you can setup burst opportunities quicker with it and have the upper hand on other warrior teams that might not use it.
xfire: dustitoff :warrior:
Posted Image

#15 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

IMO Bladestorm and MS are a must, with rending or SS winning out for the 3rd spot.

#16 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

I tried to not include any personal opinions so if you find something biased please let me know

(apart from tankz opinion on axes and girls which could not be contained)

will finish it now hopefully

and yeah tankz pretty much all axe commercials I've seen are on this subject ;p

#17 Aristoi

Aristoi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

When i played 2's with a warrior, rending was the one he would rather use, making a rogue bleed for 21 seconds is awesome, mainly against 2 dps

#18 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

MS/BS + Rend for 2s or SS for 3s/5s

#19 Bleikfeiten

Bleikfeiten
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Rend is like, for lazy people :P

#20 Dustoff

Dustoff
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

well i do have to say rending is nice against double dps and rogues but i dont think it is better than the other options in most cases
xfire: dustitoff :warrior:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<