• Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1049
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 767

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

hi, i have few questions,
what professions better as resto?
i planning something like inscription/leatherworking (b/c will be making money w/ em but if they will bad for resto - nah) both of em give me ~92 spd and i lose resil from shoulders in exchange for mp5 or crt.
i dont care about pve, at the pve jwc/alchemy/bs top professions (haste>all or so~).
and gemming - isnt better to gem for resil/stam? like resil/resil+stam/spd+resil or stam if gear worst atm? (like furyous). planning to play at 2s w/ arms or prot war to get better gear.

#123 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

Neither makes a great difference, i mean gems. Start with some defensive gems and then go to full SP / SP+crit/resi especially if you are going 2+3.
As for professions jc+eng = best. With cataclysm bg pvp in mind not taking engi for pvp is insane.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#124 Sectra

Sectra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Okay one question; Let's say im respeccing to resto, but i have all the pvp offparts as 'crit' not 'mp5' but the wrath set itself is 5/5 mp5 :l

how would that work, having all the Crit offparts instead of the Mp5 one.. horribly?

• Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Neither makes a great difference, i mean gems. Start with some defensive gems and then go to full SP / SP+crit/resi especially if you are going 2+3.
As for professions jc+eng = best. With cataclysm bg pvp in mind not taking engi for pvp is insane.

jc for what? i can be capped for pvp w/o jc. for sp? any (not gathering) profession can be useful for that. isnt?
engi for utility? i think it will't be allowed to be used at rated bgs at cata but now it isnt that great.

~thx, i will gem as posted for resil/stam and later (whan gear imrooves) will start gemming for offensive stats.

#126 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

well. JC is best min maxing profession no matter how you put it and engi rocket is awesome for burst. Especially if your whole team has it. Parachute is cool on bgs and i am pretty sure rocket boots wont be banned from bgs either.

If you want to make money with your professions its not the right forum to ask for advices.
JC/BS + Engi are best pvp professions.

#127 bigvin

bigvin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:56 AM

Okay one question; Let's say im respeccing to resto, but i have all the pvp offparts as 'crit' not 'mp5' but the wrath set itself is 5/5 mp5 :l

how would that work, having all the Crit offparts instead of the Mp5 one.. horribly?

Listen to your heart.
Posted Image

nice youre the best :shaman::shaman:

#128 deaththorne

deaththorne
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:39 AM

I usually just laughed when i saw a shaman in 2v2 and collect free points but now karma striked back and i am on the receiving end as a resto shaman (playing mm hunter + shaman). I know 2v2 is a joke etc but al akir simply doesnt have enough players for 3v3 as alliance, so anyway.

It was rather easy as we started but as we got closer to 2k and opponents started to seem like they have slightest clue it really went bad vs most rogue+dps setups that went for me. Can someone give any general tips vs mage and rogue teams? (Both that have either mage or a rogue)

We are playing with ravager to stop hard casts if hunter gets cced, rogue gets disarmed and scattered+trap+nshexed if i dont need ns for a heal but i still usually not surviving this. Its like i am getting cs-gouge-kidney while hunter is getting df poly and there rogue solos me to around 40-50% hp, mage sneeze / blank silence and i am dead.
Even saw rogue+mage where rogue was using mind-numbling+deadly poison and while having 20% ms instead of 50% is nice i didnt manage to get a single non-instant cast out..

Mage+another dps that can keep me still for a second (like destro lock or dk or ele sham — yes such comps exist) are kinda insane as well. God forbid to get nova 3 yards away from the pillar or RoV.

any double dps comp is going to fuck you up unless your hunter plays offensive as shit until you get your ass to a new pillar to be honest. have fun with spriest rogue. any good spriest rogue team will counter any resto sham in 2's. zerg sham gg.

#129 deaththorne

deaththorne
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Listen to your heart.

dnt respec resto unless you already have good gear for it or you have amazing teammates witing to carry you, ele and hance are both so easy to achieve good ratings. resto is really only good in a few comps whereas with ele you can run almost anything.

#130 bigvin

bigvin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

dnt respec resto unless you already have good gear for it or you have amazing teammates witing to carry you, ele and hance are both so easy to achieve good ratings. resto is really only good in a few comps whereas with ele you can run almost anything.

I think you should listen to your heart.
Posted Image

nice youre the best :shaman::shaman:

#131 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Imo bad geared healer is better then bad geared dps.
I got carried in 3s once when i had like furious+blue gear as a healer. My dk and hunter simply destroyed things before they even got to me so it went rather easy. I can imagine furious geared enhance — 1k wfs, lol ok. And getting healed when everything riding you.
TLDR: dps is way more gear dependent.

Enhance question:
What do i do if they ride me as beast cleave?
I mean really, i cant get to my dps target ever with lets say warrior or rogue on me. I am surviving quite ok with a shield but its going nowhere. Going for rogue is like 60 seconds of no damage between stuns and evasions and going for warrior means he own me even harder. We seem to have troubles vs 90% of the teams — WLD, RLS, various plate / hunter cleaves etc etc. And vs a spell cleave it feels like my hunter need to do all the damage since i am standing in frost nova half of the game and eventually die in DF or sfury since neither paladin nor hunter can stop incoming damage.

• Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

want to interest bout gearing ... as 2s (w/ protpally or arms) and 3s (shatterplay) is it good poing to get some haste gear as rshammy?
im debating over full mp5 coz big amount of war, dk and pallyes w/ SM and what i need to heal whan doing arena vs em =/
started thinking coz at the tuseday i will get t2 and choice some mp5 vs some haste. haste pieces can be rep ring (coz of that i think back and necklace will be w/ hit), weapon and maybe belt or so~.

#133 Cleveland

Cleveland
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

<3 just realised i am famous in the screenshot <3

#134 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:29 AM

<3 just realised i am famous in the screenshot <3

Youre famous in many ways ;)
Posted Image

#135 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

He isn't the only one who is that!

#136 Soée1296687411

Soée1296687411
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

Does black magic procc with purge ?

#137 Shockmeh

Shockmeh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Akama
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

Does black magic procc with purge ?

Yes it does one of the reasons why enhance uses them. I dont think its recommended for elemental though
Posted Image

#138 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Thread done for now.

Thanks for everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic