Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

Adori said:

Since you have reimped rep you should add a bar beside posts in the "check your previous posts" section which shows which posts have gotten positive or negative reputation.

Fierss said:

Was just thinking about it, and while it's definitely not neccesary, I'm sure some people would like to see what posts they've gotten feedback from.  While you can go through each individual post and see by clicking on your own scale icon, maybe either a "Talkback"-like option, or when you search for your own posts, you could see a running tally of what people have voted on each post.

:P

#42 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

I think seeing who repped you is a vital option we should implement as well.  If you know who repped you, you'll be more inclined to rep the person back if you see a comment that you find of them that was useful.

Negative side would be if someone neg repped you, that you might just neg rep em back just out of spite though.  Regardless though, I'm predicting more scenarios of the positives.

#43 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

salice said:

I think seeing who repped you is a vital option we should implement as well.  If you know who repped you, you'll be more inclined to rep the person back if you see a comment that you find of them that was useful.

I think the point is to give rep based on the post, whether its useful or whatnot. I don't think its about "repping" your friends or people that rep you.

Enforcer said:

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#44 Saracens

Saracens
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

Fierss said:

:P

Pff I don't read dem threads just post in em.
Posted Image
Formerly Adori of Cho'gall.

#45 Danje

Danje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

Hopefully we'll get some decent posts in the future then! D:

"Keatsxoxo" said:

P.S. If you see a hunter in the street try not to make eye contact. If you accidentally meet his gaze, try standing still, if my theories are correct and hunters in fact share 68.4% of their DNA with the T-rex, he won't be able to see you and you may avoid attack.
Spoiler

#46 Skar

Skar
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zirkel des Cenarius
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:22 AM

Is there a way to see which of your posts have gained rep? without clicking them one by one

#47 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

Skar said:

Is there a way to see which of your posts have gained rep? without clicking them one by one

That'd be nice.  On importatlanta what they did is that if you clicked on your "User CP" you can see what kinda rep you've gotten recently.  Could possibly have something like that listing your posts that you've gotten your reps on.

#48 himynameisamy

himynameisamy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:43 AM

:rolleyes::cool::);)

#49 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

You also gain reputation as your post count increases and as a function of your length of membership here on AJ.

Are you doing those retroactively or starting from the system's implementation?
화이팅

#50 Xewl

Xewl
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationQueensland

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

you should implment this in rantroom

might be cool

#51 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

Point is, in people's minds there's a general concept like this:

-if a post contains even an unintentional meaning that one can take as an offence, he will instantly downrep the post no matter what.

-if post doesn't contain an offensive content, hell, even if it's a positive post, which everybody will at least partly agree but noone will actually +rep because of cba syndrome or anything else

-unless the post is extremely 'cool' or contains very good and helpful content then it might be +repped.

So in conclusion after some time we will see alot of red bars, with the minority of green.

I do realise though that this system is in testing phase and it will probably be tweaked, but those are just my thoughts.

#52 Subpar

Subpar
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Would be better with a + or - system imo.
Posted Image

My upload is crazy. I could stream in retarded quality.

#53 Zalazour

Zalazour
  • Junkies

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

for Rantroom please :)
Spoiler

#54 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

Fierss said:

Was just thinking about it, and while it's definitely not neccesary, I'm sure some people would like to see what posts they've gotten feedback from.  While you can go through each individual post and see by clicking on your own scale icon, maybe either a "Talkback"-like option, or when you search for your own posts, you could see a running tally of what people have voted on each post.

Definitely not a big deal, and if that would significantly slow the rate of surfing the site, then forget it.

Ok, I have it so that you can now see the 10 most recent rep changes in your UserCP.

Subpar said:

Would be better with a + or - system imo.
We're going to watch the system for a while. I don't want this to become a reddit and actually think that the extra few clicks might keep it more meaningful rather than having people just scroll down a page clicking a down arrow. That being said - we're watching it and if this seems like a necessary change to make it useful, we'll look to make it.

Zalazour said:

Heh - Currently I don't have a way to separate the reputation systems of the main boards and specific forums. This will have to wait :)

Craton said:

Are you doing those retroactively or starting from the system's implementation?
Apparently it didn't. I'll look into resetting the counters.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

#55 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Zalazour said:

I think faction would probably lead a crusade against the EUs that ends in all of you with very red RR rep. :rolleyes:
화이팅

#56 Guest_Shizzle_*

Guest_Shizzle_*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

Ehm, just got a question about the rep thing.

If I didn't understand wrong you were supposed to be able to see your rep by trying to rep yourself, when I click to see my rep it says that I have 10 rep. Then when I go to the user control panel it says that I have been repped 3 times, shouldn't it say that I have 13 rep then or something when I try repping myself to see what I'm currently at?

(I could just have missed something here)

#57 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

Shizzle said:

Ehm, just got a question about the rep thing.

If I didn't understand wrong you were supposed to be able to see your rep by trying to rep yourself, when I click to see my rep it says that I have 10 rep. Then when I go to the user control panel it says that I have been repped 3 times, shouldn't it say that I have 13 rep then or something when I try repping myself to see what I'm currently at?

(I could just have missed something here)

You can be repped and not receive any reputation points based on the person's reputation power that is repping you. In all likelihood you were repped by folks that had less than the required # of posts for their rep to count yet.

This is another way we're trying out to see if it helps prevent gaming of the system.

#58 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

I'm a member of bodybuilding.com and there have a pretty comprehensive rep review option.

You can see what post was repped whether it was a negatived or positive rep, who repped you, their comment, and a link to the post.

Here is an example.

Posted Image
http://img252.images...i/91101632.jpg/
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#59 Guest_Shizzle_*

Guest_Shizzle_*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Rapture said:

You can be repped and not receive any reputation points based on the person's reputation power that is repping you. In all likelihood you were repped by folks that had less than the required # of posts for their rep to count yet.

This is another way we're trying out to see if it helps prevent gaming of the system.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up that explains everything:)

#60 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

Levidian said:

I'm a member of bodybuilding.com and there have a pretty comprehensive rep review option.

You can see what post was repped whether it was a negatived or positive rep, who repped you, their comment, and a link to the post.

Here is an example.

Posted Image
http://img252.images...i/91101632.jpg/

Something very similar SHOULD be displayed in your UserCP right now. I have increased the latest rep displayed to 15.

You should see everything in your screenshot on AJ, except for the user who left you the rep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<