We're testing the system to see how it works and how we need to fine tune the current system.
How it works:
- You can give someone positive or negative reputation for a post in most of the content related forums by clicking the scales in the upper right corner of the post.
- We are currently excluding the Rant Room, BG forums, Name Change, Off Topic, and Guild Recruitment from the reputation system. You also gain reputation as your post count increases and as a function of your length of membership here on AJ.
- Leaving reputation is currently anonymous.
- Reputation is displayed under your teams in your postbit. You can hover over the green or red icons to get a description of the reputation level of that user.
- Clicking the scales icon on your own post will display your current reputation points.
- As you gain reputation your reputation power increases and when you leave reputation for another user it is worth more for or against them.
- This is NOT a substitute for reporting posts. If a post is breaking the rules report it. You can also give negative reputation to that post, but remember to report it as well.
The site rules have been updated. There is a new infraction for insulting users through the rep system.
- 1 pt - Reputation Comments - Any reputation comment that personally insults or harasses the poster. When down repping, leave a reason.
Reports of a violation should come to me as a PM.
Let us know what you guys think. Thanks for the suggestion Sallice.