#1 MnC

MnC
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

I run a decent (2040 average) 2v2 with a warrior friend, we've been together about 4 weeks. Most teams we can handle solidly, teams we can't handle solidly we still beat with decent consistency, have a strategy. But Frost Mage Rogue teams just eat us virtually every time. If i get resisted once on a bash or cyclone its done, even if i do not, i usually die with at the very least the frost mage still up against my warrior partner if not both of them. Our strategy is to have the warrior intercept/hamstring the rogue as best he can to keep him off me and disrupt his burst.

What happens in reality is that I am forced to pop less the frost mage solo the warrior, the rogue jumps me, the warrior is CCed. I barkskin, trinket, shift, run and after about 19 seconds of that I'm dead. Especially if the rogue is wearing pve gear (he dies but not before me).

Is this more or less a lost cause or are we doing something distinctly wrong? ie try to get on mage with roots and bashes? I have over 380 resil and 10.5k HP

#2 Bars

Bars
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

The rogue needs to be hamstrung. It's also good if your not in stealth in the beginning (bear).
dtwf

#3 zoltarc

zoltarc
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

I'd start in stealth for sure, move around, trying to keep a lot of distance (40 yds~ ) from the war and mage so that if the rogue opens on you the mage is far away and hopefully hamstrung.
I suggest killing the mage's WE's as soon as he brings them out, that significantly lowers his DPS and ability to burst you.

Basically it's about outlasting the rogue's evasion and sprint while waiting for the warrior to go poly immune.

#4 Meatheist

Meatheist
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Malorne
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Definitely keep hamstring up on the rogue but also I try to play defensively with fear and intercept and sometimes shield reflect if possible until i become poly immune.

This group is a little sketchy, but as in most games if the druid can survive the intial trinket/cold blood/shatter from their team then its an easy win.
I have been malowned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<