Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:18. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

dread vs fel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Meshugga

Meshugga
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

i know there was a post about this in the lock section of the forum... but i am one of those locks who respecs frequently.. am quite fond of full destro for raid/ bg... felgaurd for raid / arena.. and UA /SB for everything. My 5v5 team cant decide wheter or not i should be soul link. My question for yall is 2 parted. Was getting the silk vetrans gear a mistake and why if so or not? and would it be terrible to get 3fel (helm, shoulder, pants) and 2 dread (robe, gloves) as opposed to 4 piece dread with fel helm?

I just dont know if i can justify a .2sec off fear while giving up a potential extra 35 resilience and quite a large sum of crit for my off days. Even in SL/SL i was getting focus fired like mad and the resil screams at me atm cuz im very low in that category.

thanks
metal 4 life

#2 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

i use 3 fel 2 dread and the staff right now, and veteran's silk pieces, they way i see it i don't want to limit myself specwise because of gear... the felweave/silk pieces are fine for affliction/demo builds anyway

the 0.2s off fear is damn nice though, probably switching to that after patch

#3 Evinizm

Evinizm
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

I'm using all the dreadweave set and I think I'll keep my 35 to resilience bonus on both sets next patch. The fear reduction is good but it doesn't compare to an extra 35 to resi.

#4 Forensic

Forensic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

Think I'm going with the fel cap (couldn't see the advantage of the dread even though I'm affliction) and for the 2 piece I'll prob go with the shoulders. Other pieces dread. And trying to get my 2nd piece of T5 for when I want to do siphon/SL spec.

#5 Final

Final

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

What is the rest of your team composed of? If you're a team focusing on mana draining the enemy team and you're the squishiest target(Warrior-Hunter-Lock-2 healers), you're going to want to go felguard. If you're a team that needs your damage output with dots on the enemy while you cc their healers, you need to be aff. Destro hasn't really found a use in arena. I guess if you're targetted a lot, that's a lot of backlash procs, but they seem to be shut down pretty bad with not much of an escape compared to an aff lock who can take a BoF and run around dotting or a felguard lock who can soak up all the damage.

#6 Forensic

Forensic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

Or the hybrid siphon life / SL lock. Many argue that a felhunter is still much better in arena for a soul link lock than a felguard. So why go all the way down the tree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users