Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 01:32. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Macro Help

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys,

I need help editing this macro.

/cast Fire Shield
/cast [mod:shift] Consume Shadows; Sacrifice
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] [mod:ctrl, target=mouseover] [ ] Seduction
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=Player] [mod:alt] Devour Magic; [mod:shift, target=focus] [ ] Spell Lock

It's the macro I use for all my pet abilities. Could someone modify it so the default press of it spell locks and seduces my PET'S target instead of my target?

Thanks in advance if this is possible.

#2 MacuEU

MacuEU
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

/cast [target=pettarget] Spell Lock; Seduction
/cast [mod:shift] Consume Shadows; Sacrifice
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=Player] [mod:alt] Devour Magic

That's how u want it or ?

#3 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

That looks good, I also need it to be able to seduce and spell lock my focus target with a shift modifier. can that be done?

#4 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

/cast [mod:shift,target=focus][target=pettarget] Spell Lock; [mod:shift,target=focus][target=pettarget] Seduction; [mod:shift] Consume Shadows; [mod:ctrl,target=player][mod:alt] Devour Magic; Sacrifice
/cast Fire Shield

#5 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

That still doesn't quite work =/ The spell lock part works great but the seduce part wont seduce my pets target, only the focus target.

#6 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

That still doesn't quite work =/ The spell lock part works great but the seduce part wont seduce my pets target, only the focus target.

I don't play a warlock so I can't test, but when you say it doesn't work -- when you hit the button with NO MOD does it do nothing or actually cast seduce on your focus target?

The macro as written should first check to see if you are using shift. If you are, it will focus target, and then if not it'll move onto the next conditional, which is empty, so it should fire seduce off at the pettarget.

Does the [target=pettarget] Spell Lock portion work when you click the macro with nomod?

If the other part of the macro doesn't work (the voidwalker) then maybe it is a result of it trying to use spell lock and producing an error with the wrong pet. I'll have to check if there is a conditional to check if you have X, Y, or Z pet out to prevent that.

#7 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

/cast [mod:ctrl,target=player,pet=felhunter][mod:alt,pet=felhunter][mod:shift,target=focus,pet=felhunter][target=pettarget,pet=felhunter] Spell Lock; [mod:shift,target=focus,pet=succubus][target=pettarget,pet=succubus] Seduction; [mod:shift,pet=voidwalker] Consume Shadows; [pet=voidwalker] Sacrifice; Fire Shield

That should do it, but it'll probably reach the text limit. I'll take another look in a couple minutes to try to make it smaller.

Edit: Ignore this, check the macro on 2nd page.

#8 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:36 AM

I don't play a warlock so I can't test, but when you say it doesn't work -- when you hit the button with NO MOD does it do nothing or actually cast seduce on your focus target?

The macro as written should first check to see if you are using shift. If you are, it will focus target, and then if not it'll move onto the next conditional, which is empty, so it should fire seduce off at the pettarget.

Does the [target=pettarget] Spell Lock portion work when you click the macro with nomod?

If the other part of the macro doesn't work (the voidwalker) then maybe it is a result of it trying to use spell lock and producing an error with the wrong pet. I'll have to check if there is a conditional to check if you have X, Y, or Z pet out to prevent that.

Actually it's just the seduce part doesn't work at all. The spel lock and everything else works wonderfully but Seduce won't work, regardless of if I have a target, a focus target, or a pettarget.

#9 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

Actually it's just the seduce part doesn't work at all. The spel lock and everything else works wonderfully but Seduce won't work, regardless of if I have a target, a focus target, or a pettarget.

Try the above macro. I think it's likely that the seduction part wouldn't work because of the missing pet conditionals. I have added them in the newer macro. You can verify that the old macro wasn't working for that reason by just making a macro of:

/cast [target=pettarget] Seduction

and seeing if it works by itself.

#10 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:27 AM

Tried copying and pasting the above macro and it splits the macro in half at the first /cast. In short it looks like this and wont work because of it:

/cast
[mod:ctrl,target=player,pet=felhunter][mod:alt,pet=felhunter][mod:shift,target=focus,pet=felhunter][target=pettarget,pet=felhunter] Spell Lock; [mod:shift,target=focus,pet=succubus][target=pettarget,pet=succubus] Seduction; [mod:shift,pet=voidwalker] Consume Shadows; [pet=voidwalker] Sacrifice; Fire Shield

I cant seem to get anything on the same line, could it maybe be that my UI is set too small?

#11 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

No, that's normal; I just tested it myself and it clearly does not fit withint he char limit, so you're just gonna have to break it into 2-3 macros with each one bound to a modifier.

1. Macro 1 - SHIFT MOD (bind to shift-X)

/cast [target=focus,pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=focus,pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Consume Shadows

2. Macro 2 - CTRL MOD (bind to ctrl-X)

/cast [target=player,pet:felhunter] Devour Magic

3. Bind Devour Magic (the skill itself, plain) to alt-X

4. Macro 3 - NO MOD (bind to X)

/cast [target=pettarget,pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=pettarget,pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:imp] Fire Shield

That should accomplish what you wanted in the original post, and it is how you get around the char limit for one massive macro. I made that pretty quickly before I head to bed though, so just check it, and send me a PM if it's working, and if not, I'll fix it tomorrow.

#12 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

You should probably get into the habit of breaking up macros across modifiers anyways. Shift mods run into problems when you have a keybind that overlaps it... silent fails are no fun :(
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#13 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

You should probably get into the habit of breaking up macros across modifiers anyways. Shift mods run into problems when you have a keybind that overlaps it... silent fails are no fun :(

That only becomes an issue if you actually have keybinded something to that key, which would make you complicit in its failure. :P Otherwise it's valuable to group up stuff into one macro if you're pressed for macro slots.

#14 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:38 AM

No, that's normal; I just tested it myself and it clearly does not fit withint he char limit, so you're just gonna have to break it into 2-3 macros with each one bound to a modifier.

1. Macro 1 - SHIFT MOD (bind to shift-X)

/cast [target=focus,pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=focus,pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Consume Shadows

2. Macro 2 - CTRL MOD (bind to ctrl-X)

/cast [target=player,pet:felhunter] Devour Magic

3. Bind Devour Magic (the skill itself, plain) to alt-X

/cast [target=pettarget,pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=pettarget,pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:imp] Fire Shield

That should accomplish what you wanted in the original post, and it is how you get around the char limit for one massive macro. I made that pretty quickly before I head to bed though, so just check it, and send me a PM if it's working, and if not, I'll fix it tomorrow.

These work great! One more question I'm not sure if its possible though, could all of them besides the focus ones be modified so that if my pet doesnt have a target it'll cast on my target? Basically have a priority set where my pet target > my target > no target?

#15 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

/cast [target=pettarget,pet:felhunter,exists][pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=pettarget,pet:succubus,exists][pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:imp] Fire Shield

Try that.

#16 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

/cast [target=pettarget,pet:felhunter,exists][pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [target=pettarget,pet:succubus,exists][pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:imp] Fire Shield

Try that.

Can't copy and paste it into the macro box =X

#17 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Can't copy and paste it into the macro box =X

Works fine for me. Type it out as a last resort. 186/255 char limit.

#18 Incineration

Incineration
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

I think the case is FINALLY closed. This works. Had to type out, but oh well it actually works exactly as needed. Thank you so so so much!

#19 Liolin

Liolin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

I think the case is FINALLY closed. This works. Had to type out, but oh well it actually works exactly as needed. Thank you so so so much!

I'm glad we could arrive at this special place together.

#20 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

That only becomes an issue if you actually have keybinded something to that key, which would make you complicit in its failure. :P Otherwise it's valuable to group up stuff into one macro if you're pressed for macro slots.

True, though I'd prefer to just straight bind macros to keys instead of using macro slots.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users