shadesofgray
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:08 PM

Hello ladies and gents,

I've been playing WoW for almost three years now, and I've recently taken an interest in PvPing as a holy paladin (I had a 60 mage main until BC, and then used my alt rogue as a main up until just recently).

A warrior friend of mine with Deep Thunder and 4/5 Merciless gear decided to group up with me for some 2v2. It was really easy at first, just getting used to LoS kiting as much as possible, learning each other's playstyles and such; but now we seem to have run into a wall. For the last 3 weeks or so, we've been stuck in and around 1900, in one weekend going from 1850 to 2000 multiple times. We just can't seem to get past it.

If you would, could some of you take a look at my gear and spec and see if there's anything glaringly wrong with my paladin? All I can see is that I need to get +35 healing on my gloves and the Veteran's Belt (I absolute loathe farming honor).

Other than that, this is my basic plan of attack in 2v2:

-Use line of sight to my advantage
-Drink whenever possible and makes sense
-work with my warrior to use timely stuns to win matches
-use kings at the beginning of a match on myself and my partner, and switch to wisdom on myself once I've used up the extra mana
-use my bubbles at the lowest health I possibly can on myself without dropping

I guess it feels like I'm pretty proficient at what I do, but we still can't break 2,000 for too long.

Are there any stats that need particular attention?
Health: 9k~
Mana: 10.5k~
Resil: 215~
+Healing: 16-1700
Armor: 15k w/o Dev Aura
Spec: 41/20/0 (imp conc aura/stoicism)

Any specific or general advice would be appreciated,

Lolladin.

#2 Xo

Xo
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well, for starters you'll need more resilience. Obviously this is most easily solved through the arena. It's an interesting system, you need the stats to progress, you need to progress to get the stats. It's lame, I know.

I would suggest getting 150 health on your chest over +6 stats. Though that may be a personal peference. Armor to cloak as well. As far as loathing honor farming, unfortunately it's a necessary evil to stay competitive so you will probably just have to suck it up and get to it.

It would be easier to provide advice for you if you could explain some specifics as to what's actually happening in your matches that's causing the loss. Are you getting killed? Is your warrior getting killed? Are you constantly fighting Mage/Warlock teams? Are you just going OOM? What's going on specifically?
Aim to please. Shoot to kill.

#3 Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

I would suggest re-rolling lock. Unfortunatly, without knowing what your problems are and what makeups are giving you trouble, thats pretty much the only non-gear recomendation I can give.

But gear wise...

To be honest, resilience in the 2K+ bracket is nice and all but isnt the biggest issue since you are almost guaranteed to fight a caster/s every game. Once you break 2k you can pretty much pvp in your pve gear and would more than likely do better as a result (make sure you equipe your trinket though)

+int gems are almost worthless because you can use those gem slots for stats that will benefit you more in the arenas. Howver, you have the right idea with the mana per five. Personally I stack spell crit as much as my meta gem allows, and fill in with mana/5 after. I also disagree with the 150 health over +6 stats enchant. Also, get +15 shadow resist enchant to your cloak, that should be a given for anybody.

#4 Insight

Insight
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

15 resilience on chest is better choice then 150 hp and 6 all stats for caster (Only physical dpsers have us of it as they have use of 3 different stats -sta/str/agi, I dont count int as stat worth sacrificing anything for), if you feel you dont need more resilience go for 6 mp5.

To state anecdotal evidence is completely worthless is also fucking stupid since that's what the studies are based on

#5 shadesofgray

shadesofgray
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

First of all, thank you all for the helpful tips (although somewhat conflicting :P).

It would be easier to provide advice for you if you could explain some specifics as to what's actually happening in your matches that's causing the loss. Are you getting killed? Is your warrior getting killed? Are you constantly fighting Mage/Warlock teams? Are you just going OOM? What's going on specifically?

It seems like we usually just get owned by 2dps teams like Warlock/Spriest, etc. I've heard that they're not easy for any paladin, but I can't believe they cannot be beaten. Usually what happens is my warrior goes out, gets focused, I give him freedom if necessary, bubble at 75% (since he can go down REALLY fast even with 350~ resilience--which he's working on increasing) and spam-heal him/stun anything but a mage when I can or the mage if he's recently blinked. I usually leave Kings on me and put Light on him if he looks to be getting the focus.

#6 Thenia

Thenia
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dethecus
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Versus Warlock/Spriest teams make sure to use shadow resist aura to mitigate as much damage possible for yourself and your warrior. Depending on who they go after first the fight can be approached differently.

If they go after you first make sure the warrior hamstrings both so you can get enough distance to kite around pillas and los. Make sure to try to cleanse yourself as much as possible and try to keep yourself up with holy shocks. (stopping to cast usually isn't smart due to being feared, mana burned, spell locked, etc) If they switch targets to your warrior, apply blessing of sacrafice and start flash of lighting while at the same time getting distance between yourself and their team. If your warrior is at about 40%~ you're at the point where being spell locked at this time will win them the game. At this point I usually hammer the felhunter and start tossing some big nuts heals. Hopefully one of them is dead by then. (usually thats the case unless the priest shifts out to heal but by then its already gg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<