Photo

"Penance heals your entire bar! Wtf!"

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeldisc

Michaeldisc

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

Anyone else just getting a liiiittle tired of people saying that?

#2 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

If all 3 ticks crit with no MS, it's just about 50% of our health. 25% health per second is kind of a big deal.

But then again, no crits with MS up means it heals for 15% of our health, which is pretty shitty. But at least it's not a 2K flash heal.

#3 Existlol

Existlol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

I've never heard anyone say that before :/
Once a troll, Now a statistic of Race Change.
:(

#4 Konfu

Konfu
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

I hear that alot from Ret pallies - chanel it in their face bro!

Yeah, penance is overrated because sometimes it seems like a big deal:
no MS + full grace and focused will + lucky crits + PoM going off during (just after) penance + a tick of renew = yeah it can seem like a full HP bar sometimes...

#5 cwantom

cwantom
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

The only thing that gives a full healthbar are the palas Holy light...
Posted Image

#6 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Dam those op 2k penance ticks!

#7 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

If all 3 ticks crit with no MS, it's just about 50% of our health. 25% health per second is kind of a big deal.

But then again, no crits with MS up means it heals for 15% of our health, which is pretty shitty. But at least it's not a 2K flash heal.

So... 25% healing per second is OP(Every 8th second), but 70% of your health in damage in 1 second, or 90-100% in 2 globals, is fair?

Penance is highely overvalued by anyone not playing a priest, you still can't outheal for shit when it's on cd.

You rely on minimizing damage in your team rather then just spamhealing all of it like a paladin or a druid.
Aka, it still weak and people should really not be complaining about penance, if anyone has.

#8 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

If your partner has MS up and around 5k HP, yes, it heals the entire health bar.

I'd suggest telling him to equip gear and wait till Ressurection Sickness fades.

#9 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

So... 25% healing per second is OP(Every 8th second), but 70% of your health in damage in 1 second, or 90-100% in 2 globals, is fair?

Penance is highely overvalued by anyone not playing a priest, you still can't outheal for shit when it's on cd.

You rely on minimizing damage in your team rather then just spamhealing all of it like a paladin or a druid.
Aka, it still weak and people should really not be complaining about penance, if anyone has.

A 6K instant shield effectively worth a 12K heal in the face of mortal strike every 13 seconds is nothing to laugh at either.

The problem lies in the fact that we have a powerful heal and shield on long cooldowns whereas every other healer has strong consistent efficient heals all the time. If we have to spam flash heal, we're spending twice as much mana as a paladin spamming flash of light.

#10 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

we're spending twice as much mana as a paladin spamming flash of light.

308 for a paladin, 695 for a priest. When they crit, they get 30% of the cost back. Considering they have 30% base holy crit, and 50% on a sacred shield target, it's over a 50% chance to get 30% mana back, reducing the cost by ~15%, putting it at ~260 mana per cast for them. It heals for almost identical amounts, but puts a hot on for 100% of the heal as well, and again, it crits 50% of the time, instead of 20% like ours.

So it's closer to triple the mana (729 for 3 paladin heals vs 695 for one priest), crits 30% more often, and leaves a hot equal to the amount healed. Fair.

#11 Puch

Puch
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

308 for a paladin, 695 for a priest. When they crit, they get 30% of the cost back. Considering they have 30% base holy crit, and 50% on a sacred shield target, it's an 80% chance to get 30% mana back, reducing the cost by 24%, putting it at 234 mana per cast for them. It heals for almost identical amounts, but puts a hot on for 100% of the heal as well, and again, it crits 80% of the time, instead of 20% like ours.

So it's closer to triple the mana (702 for 3 paladin heals vs 695 for one priest), crits 60% more often, and leaves a hot equal to the amount healed. Fair.

including talents I have 26 holy crit (with kings up)
the 50% on sacred shield target, is when the absorb buff is up meaning most of the time it gets dps'ed right through, so you get that 50% extra crit alot less than you think
every class has their ways to keep their mana up, flash of light is by far paladins most efficient spell, but unfortunately we rarely get to spam 5k hit heals with no ms to keep someone alive

#12 futs

futs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

308 for a paladin, 695 for a priest. When they crit, they get 30% of the cost back. Considering they have 30% base holy crit, and 50% on a sacred shield target, it's an 80% chance to get 30% mana back, reducing the cost by 24%, putting it at 234 mana per cast for them. It heals for almost identical amounts, but puts a hot on for 100% of the heal as well, and again, it crits 80% of the time, instead of 20% like ours.

So it's closer to triple the mana (702 for 3 paladin heals vs 695 for one priest), crits 60% more often, and leaves a hot equal to the amount healed. Fair.

BUT DICS PIRESTS HAV OFENISVE ABILTYS THATS Y THER MANA R LOW GYUS STFU AND L2P!!

srsly buff priest regen, its awful
http://lavaloll.mybrute.com

Awesome Minigame

#13 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

It's balanced though because if they stand in LoS and let us free cast mana burn for 30 seconds straight without getting interrupted and spend 8K of our own mana we can make them go OOM until they pop Divine Plea and get 6K mana back or they can just melee hit somebody and get 1K mana.

#14 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

including talents I have 26 holy crit (with kings up)
the 50% on sacred shield target, is when the absorb buff is up meaning most of the time it gets dps'ed right through, so you get that 50% extra crit alot less than you think

I just looked up the first holy pally I knew on armory and he had 29.3 or so unbuffed, but whatever. And the point about sacred shield is definitely a valid one, I'll edit that a bit.

#15 Puch

Puch
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

I just looked up the first holy pally I knew on armory and he had 29.3 or so unbuffed, but whatever. And the point about sacred shield is definitely a valid one, I'll edit that a bit.

granted im mp5 stacking for mana efficiency in pvp gear since crit isn't worth it at all anymore

#16 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

granted im mp5 stacking for mana efficiency in pvp gear since crit isn't worth it at all anymore

so you have more crit than priests geared for crit while gearing for mp5 and your flash is still almost triple the efficiency.

sounds like everyone complaining about efficiency in this thread is right. no one gives a shit about whatever the fuck other paladin shit you're talking about derailing the thread

#17 Spongie

Spongie
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

no one gives a shit about whatever the fuck other paladin shit you're talking about derailing the thread

:confused:
:)

#18 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

and your flash is still almost triple the efficiency.

6x the efficiency, since it heals for double. More if you count beacon :)

We do have penance, and their holy shock isn't efficient, but a paladin will outmana a priest without trying every time.

#19 Odyzzle

Odyzzle
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

So it's closer to triple the mana (729 for 3 paladin heals vs 695 for one priest), crits 30% more often, and leaves a hot equal to the amount healed. Fair.

Let me just compare my worst healing spell to another class's best healing spell and then put "Fair." at the end of my post.

There is a reason you have like 5 other healing spells you can use before needing to flash heal (in most situations) and pallies can only holy shock before needing to resort to flash of light spam.

Also, you are stupid.

#20 Spongie

Spongie
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'd trade my mana efficiency for a priests offensive abilities yo.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<