• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • RBG: 2462

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

I've found leaving arena is good tact as hunter+paladin+dk
You can't focus on breathing when you need focus to kill a target.

#22 Myhra

Myhra
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

You need awesome micro-management with your dk about what cd/interrupt to use and when. I've played with druid healer (2.5k mmr/tr) and we had very good win/loss ratio against gandalf/potter-wannabees (from 2.4k-2.6k mmr range).

#23 Lyricalz

Lyricalz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

Run beast cleave.

Lol funny you say that. I was watching Twixz's beast cleave get farmed down by Whiteshadowz destro/ele/hpally wizard cleave on the ESL tourney realm.

#24 Jobelina

Jobelina
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

First of all, do NOT go SV vs these types of teams. MM is the best way to go. Make sure you're using a serpent as a pet for messing with their casting. I always use frost/snake on every cd vs these teams as well.

Destro+ele: The first priority is to kill the Succubus(if there is one) and then do it again if it's fel dom'd again. Ignore voidwalkers and felhunters.

Ride the ele the entire time and I generally only use silence/scatters on the lock (which you should have on focus) when my pally is cc'd. The dk should have focus set to the healer and use dg/gnaw/strangulate for kills. Strangulate can be used for the lock, but generally it's really not needed unless they're getting really lucky on crits.

A nice thing about the chains into dg combo is that when there's heavy pressure, the healer has to either A. run away and use only instants to try and keep up the target or B. start casting right away because the target is taking too much damage. When B happens, all the dk has to do is focus mind freeze (and probably barely have to move at all to do so) and that will put a major setback on the healer.

Destro+mage: Same strat as above except ride the mage after killing both the succubus. Focus is still kept on the lock for the hunter and the same strat here for the DK. I find this team a lot easier than the destro ele variant because mages are EXTREMELY squishy.

Mage+Ele: Set focus to ele and cc when pally is cc'd. Ride the mage and again the dk does the same thing with the healer here.

Rotation of cd's is important here. Generally when my pally isnt cc'd, I don't end up dying. When he is though, rotate RoS and after the next cc AMZ if hunter silence/scatter combo is on cd.

Thanks for a very good answer. Checked your armory and you and your teammates seem to know how to play this comp considering your win/lossratio :)

You always play MM while playing 3s or switching depending on comps you are meeting?

On a side note, got Death choice heroic today :)

#25 Lyricalz

Lyricalz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

Thanks for a very good answer. Checked your armory and you and your teammates seem to know how to play this comp considering your win/lossratio :)

You always play MM while playing 3s or switching depending on comps you are meeting?

On a side note, got Death choice heroic today :)

Yeah, I always go MM for my 3s. Gratz on the deaths choice btw :( I'm jealous!
Xfire: Lyricals

#26 Lortho

Lortho
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

Most likely a stupid question but what's the most important to interupt versus warlocks when played with a dispeller? Immolate/Chaos Bolt/??? Just wondering cause often the healer dont have time to dispel immolate etc
s3,s5,s6glad. Rocking feral atm

#27 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:49 AM

stop chaos bolt

#28 Loincloth

Loincloth
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

death choice f u and more importantly f me. :(

#29 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

Most likely a stupid question but what's the most important to interupt versus warlocks when played with a dispeller? Immolate/Chaos Bolt/??? Just wondering cause often the healer dont have time to dispel immolate etc

I generally interrupt chaos bolt because the warlock will find a way to get immolate off.

And you can't deterrence the chaos bolt.

And it's a longer cast, so easier to hit.

If you interrupt the chaos bolt and your healer STILL doesn't have time to dispel before he recasts it, why the hell are you still in LOS?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#30 Valttz

Valttz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:28 AM

I've recently changed back to survival and to be honest with you, its work ALOT better than MM. For wizard cleave, i never leave a pillar or box and only come out when I have scatter up. It's kinda hard to give a specific star because all it takes is 2 globals in the wrong position and you're done.

#31 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

It rings pretty loudly that the MM tree is still fucked up when our tree with the most interrupts and most defensive cool downs is the worst vs caster teams....

Wake up blizz

WTB chimera based off aspects
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#32 Jobelina

Jobelina
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Aspect based Chimera shot would be awsome

#33 Shadyboss

Shadyboss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationKorea

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

^idd lol
med 10O%))

#34 Lortho

Lortho
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

And when you're at it, why not make one more Disengage glyph that makes your disengage remove snares. And some small absorbing shield shit.

Then i'd be 100% satisfied. :D
s3,s5,s6glad. Rocking feral atm

#35 brosi

brosi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Why did everyone shoot down my idea of aspect based chimera back in june but now they're all for it? :(

#36 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

Why did everyone shoot down my idea of aspect based chimera back in june but now they're all for it? :(

They ignored your idea, waitied it out and now they can say that they came up with the idea! You are owned my friend! :D

#37 brosi

brosi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

They ignored your idea, waitied it out and now they can say that they came up with the idea! You are owned my friend! :D

:(

#38 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

Aspect based Chimera shot would be awsome

I guess. I really wouldn't know what to do with myself if it was like that. :P Sooooo used to keeping my serpent sting up at this point.

Levi has been supporting it for a long time.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#39 Cogito

Cogito
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

Levi has been supporting it for a long time.

So was huggerz. He was the first I'd heard it.

#40 qtxoxo

qtxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

As hunter/Ret/druid

We tryed the LOS tactic many times, but it just ends that they catch us and land a kill in a global.

We found out rushing in is ideal, and then try land a kill, by swapping between their DPS'ers, and get as much CC on their healer, a NS+CYCLONE is often game breaking if their healer has CD on trinket.
And then generally save your swiftmend for when the burst comes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<