Jobelina
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Like title say, how to beat them?
Been playing PHD for a while as both surv and MM and it's the same thing every time, beat most comps without much problems until we run into those double casterteams.

So I'm wondering what can be done to beat them?
What tactic vs destro+ele?
What tactic vs destro+mage?
What tactic vs mage+ele?

#2 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

We always pretty much do the same vs any warlock version of those :) Stay out of LoS all the time, come out to kill pet and keep laming it out untill they used bl, pets and other CDs. Then go for them while keeping on LoSing the most important casts. Still doesn't work 100% of the time at all however.

#3 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

Yea you gotta play like a huge phaggot because if you give them 2 globals you'll die. Which is why the mage variants are WAY WAY harder to beat then anything else because you can't kite when you're rooted.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#4 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

OOM´in someone.

#5 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

Never CC the healer.

I've played a grand total of 8 games with a DK in 3's, so I don't know if you can kill Warlocks. But whichever caster you kill needs to eat every interrupt possible.

The other caster eats scatters/traps (though I do like to use frost traps on pillars to facilitate running away/chasing).

Use viper sting on an off target whenever possible, running one of them oom (healer or DPS) is a good way to win a match against too many casters.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#6 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

slowing trap every cd snakes every cd. ALWAYS stay near a pillar and try to never let any of them get to you, same goes for teammates, never stay in LoS for one of them for more then 1-2 seconds. If they Thunderstorm you or you get caught in open ros/disengage/detter into LoS again obviously this is hardest against mage teams.. fuck mages.

any team with a warlock we just get the pet to 70-80% and i scatter the healer and we kill it twice then we just play really offensive on the warlock since obviously hes gonna be playing defensively trying to get the pet up

#7 Gabobin

Gabobin
  • Junkies

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

Well you have 2 options.

Number one: Hope they get dced and u instant win.
Number two: CC them to hell, interupt the dmg and hope you get some lucky numbers on ur screen. :D

#8 Tagurprgnant

Tagurprgnant
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2224
  • 5v5: 591
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

I like the strategy of absolutely pushing the mage's stool in. If they dont have one then hug a pole the entire game and wait for a kill on a shaman or kill lock pets over and over.

#9 Lyricalz

Lyricalz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

So I'm wondering what can be done to beat them?
What tactic vs destro+ele?
What tactic vs destro+mage?
What tactic vs mage+ele?

First of all, do NOT go SV vs these types of teams. MM is the best way to go. Make sure you're using a serpent as a pet for messing with their casting. I always use frost/snake on every cd vs these teams as well.

Destro+ele: The first priority is to kill the Succubus(if there is one) and then do it again if it's fel dom'd again. Ignore voidwalkers and felhunters.

Ride the ele the entire time and I generally only use silence/scatters on the lock (which you should have on focus) when my pally is cc'd. The dk should have focus set to the healer and use dg/gnaw/strangulate for kills. Strangulate can be used for the lock, but generally it's really not needed unless they're getting really lucky on crits.

A nice thing about the chains into dg combo is that when there's heavy pressure, the healer has to either A. run away and use only instants to try and keep up the target or B. start casting right away because the target is taking too much damage. When B happens, all the dk has to do is focus mind freeze (and probably barely have to move at all to do so) and that will put a major setback on the healer.

Destro+mage: Same strat as above except ride the mage after killing both the succubus. Focus is still kept on the lock for the hunter and the same strat here for the DK. I find this team a lot easier than the destro ele variant because mages are EXTREMELY squishy.

Mage+Ele: Set focus to ele and cc when pally is cc'd. Ride the mage and again the dk does the same thing with the healer here.

Rotation of cd's is important here. Generally when my pally isnt cc'd, I don't end up dying. When he is though, rotate RoS and after the next cc AMZ if hunter silence/scatter combo is on cd.

#10 Lyricalz

Lyricalz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

Yea you gotta play like a huge phaggot because if you give them 2 globals you'll die. Which is why the mage variants are WAY WAY harder to beat then anything else because you can't kite when you're rooted.

I find the destro/ele/holy pally wizard cleave the hardest because it's hard to kill anything fast, which is what needs to happens vs these teams. Mages just have to kite way too much vs us. If they start casting, their health is going to drop insanely fast.

#11 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

I find the destro/ele/holy pally wizard cleave the hardest because it's hard to kill anything fast, which is what needs to happens vs these teams. Mages just have to kite way too much vs us. If they start casting, their health is going to drop insanely fast.

I disagree, easy to kite their damage and just throw explosive shots into the sham, eventually pal eats a fear and sham dies.

#12 NeKrozZ

NeKrozZ
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

slowing trap every cd snakes every cd. ALWAYS stay near a pillar and try to never let any of them get to you, same goes for teammates, never stay in LoS for one of them for more then 1-2 seconds. If they Thunderstorm you or you get caught in open ros/disengage/detter into LoS again obviously this is hardest against mage teams.. fuck mages.

any team with a warlock we just get the pet to 70-80% and i scatter the healer and we kill it twice then we just play really offensive on the warlock since obviously hes gonna be playing defensively trying to get the pet up

you're sig is fucking histarical
Posted Image

Posted Image

stop being slow

WHATTSUP FRESH, ITS OUR TURN BABY

http://www.youtube.c...laynext_from=QL

#13 Rudilyn

Rudilyn
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:24 AM

Tunnel something cloth-like.

Obviously.
"Hold on let me press my keybind for Pyro Rockets, don't worry it's ="

- Songo.

#14 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

you're sig is fucking histarical

ty bb

#15 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:34 AM

Against mage variants I find it's extremely helpful to interrupt the mage the moment he summons a pet and nuke it down asap (it dies very fast), this hurts their burst potential.

#16 Myhra

Myhra
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

I disagree, easy to kite their damage and just throw explosive shots into the sham, eventually pal eats a fear and sham dies.

But you lost in touch with the whole thread. The OP is playing PHD, which cannot fear the paladin. Unless you're suggesting him to replace his DK with a lock.

#17 Cogito

Cogito
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

Run beast cleave.

#18 Bigdollars

Bigdollars
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/2/0/0/1/1

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

train warlock - win
Posted Image

#19 Trikso

Trikso
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

destro+ele+pala/disc - sit on lock, with quick swaps to the pet if it's dotted well by the dk, scatters/silences on eleshaman, ???, profit

sometimes I find scattering the healer and throwing a trap on him as a good idea when the shaman is not in a good position to melt someone of us
2.7k nonglad Warrior commenting on RMP

overpowered

warrior reporting in

there are so many bad players at high ratings right now because they got a skill boost with 4.0.6 x.X

#20 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

But you lost in touch with the whole thread. The OP is playing PHD, which cannot fear the paladin. Unless you're suggesting him to replace his DK with a lock.

You're right I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<