More PvP Balancing: 2.4 Patch Note Changes

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:07 AM

Update: 2/22/08 - New mage and warlock changes added. New changes in bold.

The patch notes have been updated again and there are quite a few interesting PvP changes.

Druid
-
Lifebloom healing coefficient has been reduced.

Mage
-
Arcane Fortitude now increases your armor by an amount equal to 100% of your Intellect, up from 50%.
- Blink, Slow, and Spellsteal have all had their mana cost reduced.
- Icy Veins no longer stacks with Bloodlust/Heroism.
- New Talent: Molten Shields will cause your Fire Ward to have a 10/20% chance to reflect Fire spells while active. In addition, your Molten Armor has a 50/100% chance to affect ranged and spell attacks.
- New Improved Blink: For 2/4 seconds after casting Blink, your chance to be hit by all attacks and spells is reduced by 25%.
- Icy Veins has been changed, instead of increasing the chance your chilling effects will Freeze the target by 10%, it will now give you 100% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting.

Paladin
- Turn Undead(Rank 3):This spell has been reworked and has been renamed to "Turn Evil". It will now work on Demons in addition to Undead. Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 10 seconds in PvP.

Priest
-
Chastise no longer disorients the target, but now is instant cast and roots the target for 2 seconds.
- Power Infusion: Infuses the target with power, increasing their spell haste by 20% for 15 seconds.

Rogue
- Improved Backstab is now called Puncturing Wounds.
- Puncturing Wounds increases your critical strike chance with Backstab by 10/20/30%, and the critical strike chance with your Mutilate ability by 5/10/15%.
- Improved Sprint: This ability will now always remove Entangling Roots.

Shaman
- Nature’s Swiftness and Elemental Mastery now share a 10 second cooldown.
- Ghost Wolf: Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.
- Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4.

Warlock
- Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed. It will now increase your spell damage by an amount equal to 4/8/12%, down from 5/10/15%.
- Confirmed: Drain Mana buff no longer appears in the patch notes and has been removed.
- Lifetap is now percentage based, it converts 26% of max. hp into 26 % of max. mana.

Arena
- If a queued player has a personal rating higher than their team rating, the matchmaking system will now use the highest personal rating of a queued member of that team for matchmaking purposes, instead of the team rating.

Source: http://www.worldofwa...patchnotes.html
If any of these are old or I'm missing something, please let me know.

#2 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:15 AM

You missed the notes for pally, Turn Evil.

Turn Undead(Rank 3):This spell has been reworked and has been renamed to “Turn Evil”. It will now work on Demons in addition to Undead. Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 10 seconds in PvP.

Also for mages:

Permafrost: This talent will now correctly increase the movement slowing effect of frost Armor instead of the attack speed slow.

not sure if it's new, I didn't see it before:
Shaman:
Ghost Wolf: Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.
Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4.

#3 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:20 AM

The permafrost change is definitely old. Ghost Wolf might be new, I'll update that and turn undead.

#4 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:22 AM

I hadn't seen that for mages before, oh well, my mistake :(.   Turn undead's going to be fun though. hooray lock nerf

#5 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:24 AM

WrAtH said:

I don't see the drain mana buff in the patch notes anymore, maybe it was removed?

This.

#6 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

Nice catch.

#7 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:39 AM

So does that mean the enhancement talent = instant ghostwolf?  The change on the cast time, I mean.

If so, we've got another druid-like healer on the loose.  With the drinking that is.  Resto shaman still can't heal.

#8 Eleq

Eleq
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:52 AM

Wow those Shaman changes make me want to commit suicide.. Rogue's on me is going to be even more gg...Such a unnecessary change

#9 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

shaman burst owned

#10 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:13 AM

Guntt said:

shaman burst owned
Way too hard. Overkill. I expect to see lots of dots in the Shaman forums :P

#11 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

Tyveris said:

Way too hard. Overkill. I expect to see lots of dots in the Shaman forums :P

7k dmg to Inactive in Kollektiv's video wasn't a very rare occurance if the shaman got PI.

I think a 3-5 second cooldown would be fair.. still gives a good burst potential if you are PI'd.

#12 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

Guntt said:

7k dmg to Inactive in Kollektiv's video wasn't a very rare occurance if the shaman got PI.

I think a 3-5 second cooldown would be fair.. still gives a good burst potential if you are PI'd.
The thing is, PI is already being nerfed this patch as well as their 4pc set bonus. Adding the NS/EM nerf is what might be overkill. It also leaves them sitting ducks as soon as they blow EM because now they can no longer NS heal themselves.

In a way its like putting a 10 second cooldown on cold snap after using icy veins.

#13 Konwayz

Konwayz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:40 AM

If the Ghost Wolf change will allow me to make it instant cast with 2 talent points I will be extremely happy... chances are they won't let that happen though.  

Also, I seriously don't understand the massive elemental nerfs this patch.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to remove shamans from 5v5.

#14 Perfects

Perfects
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

/Mage perspective

I still see no push-back for frost spells. What? They want us to all go fire or something so we can have 70% push-back on scorch? FFS I'm tired of feeling useless if I have a pet on me.

#15 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

- If a queued player has a personal rating higher than their team rating, the matchmaking system will now use the highest personal rating of a queued member of that team for matchmaking purposes, instead of the team rating.

lol

killing the ability to play on multiple teams at high ratings is cool.
Posted Image

#16 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

faction said:

lol

killing the ability to play on multiple teams at high ratings is cool.

reread.

if you all leave the team and make an alt hold it or something and rejoin it later and queue, your pers. ratings will be 1500 which means they will be lower than the team's rating which means it will use team rating.

#17 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:47 PM

Tyveris said:

The thing is, PI is already being nerfed this patch as well as their 4pc set bonus. Adding the NS/EM nerf is what might be overkill. It also leaves them sitting ducks as soon as they blow EM because now they can no longer NS heal themselves.

In a way its like putting a 10 second cooldown on cold snap after using icy veins.

is this misworded or something?  I mean if they blow EM, and you happen to pick up on it, GL killing a shaman in 10 seconds if he doesnt come straight for you.

em/ns is like PoM/pyro, but coming from a mail wearer behind a shield.  sort of defeats the 'glass cannon' aspect of being able to pump that out.

#18 InsaneSooner

InsaneSooner
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Trollbane
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Hey Tyveris.

Do you happen to know how much the cost of blink has been reduced?

#19 Vertras

Vertras
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Kubuss said:

reread.

if you all leave the team and make an alt hold it or something and rejoin it later and queue, your pers. ratings will be 1500 which means they will be lower than the team's rating which means it will use team rating.

Basically if your team queues without you and loses a bunch of points and then you come back to play, you'll still get matched with teams around your personal rating rather than the team's lowered rating. That is the only scenario I can see this change actually mattering unless they mean a player's personal rating for all brackets. Then if you have a good 5v5 team you won't be able to help a friend in 2v2 because you'll always get 2k+ teams in 2v2 no matter what your team's actual rating is.

#20 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Guntt said:

is this misworded or something?  I mean if they blow EM, and you happen to pick up on it, GL killing a shaman in 10 seconds if he doesnt come straight for you.

em/ns is like PoM/pyro, but coming from a mail wearer behind a shield.  sort of defeats the 'glass cannon' aspect of being able to pump that out.
I meant it had the side affect or leaving shamans vulnerable after they use their EM for burst. Even if they don't need to use the NS to heal themselves, they can't even use it to heal their teammates if necessary. It's just strange that because the cooldown is so long, they are forced to make the offensive or defensive decision 10 seconds before it is can be decided. Does that make more sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<