#1 Vadim

Vadim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

What does everyone use in their head slot?

I personally use the 18stam/5% stun, but after seeing the 5% on next spell cast -50% cast time in action on paladins, I may try that out..any opinions?

#2 Reishi

Reishi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:03 AM

big MAYBE on 28/33 priests and a big NO on shadow priests.

#3 Vadim

Vadim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

Yeah that's my thinking as well...I am picking up the merc helm tomorrow so I will definately try it out for a few games. If the proc seems too unreliable in an attrition match, I will switch back to the 18stam/5% stun I use now.

#4 Chansobal

Chansobal
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Silver Hand
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Yeah as a 28/33 I use the 18/5% as 20% stun resist is nice and so is the stamina.
- priest -

#5 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:02 AM

18 stam/5 stun resist is nice.
I hear that some people like that int/mana restore on cast gems but I can't see myself switching anytime soon.

#6 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

finess game vs brute force. if you play 2v2 or 3v3( more seriously then 5v5) might want to check out the half cast and the restore meta ( if you dont have to fuck too many epic gems that is)

#7 sipowicz

sipowicz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

As a rule of thumb I try not to rely on procs.
The 18stam/5% resist is a pretty solid gem considering most of us have some other +stun resist in our gear/spec.

*edit* My logic being that most procs have a hidden cooldown, anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute usually. So you can really only rely on a proc to hit every 30-60 seconds and generally not every 30-60 seconds based on it's percent. With a straight stat percent bonus you have that 100% of the time which to me is more useful.

#8 Specineff

Specineff
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

I can say for certain that the 5% half cast time does not have a cooldown - I have seen it proc two times in a row on several ocasions, in which my lightning bolt dps becomes fairly uber.
TEAM NASTY

#9 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

I'm trying out the Skyfire for a while. I have an Earthstorm in my bags in case I don't like it... I think a 1s Mana Burn or a 1.5s Mind Control could be more game altering than 180hp for your pool. 1.25s Gheal would be pretty hot too.

#10 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

The 18stam/5% resist is a pretty solid gem considering most of us have some other +stun resist in our gear/spec.

*edit* My logic being that most procs have a hidden cooldown, anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute usually. So you can really only rely on a proc to hit every 30-60 seconds and generally not every 30-60 seconds based on it's percent. With a straight stat percent bonus you have that 100% of the time which to me is more useful.

The halfcast has no cooldown, it can proc off two spells in a row.

And 5% stun resist is pretty much the same as a proc. 5% chance when you are stunned to proc a resist vs. 5% chance every time you cast to proc a buff.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

#11 sipowicz

sipowicz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

The halfcast has no cooldown, it can proc off two spells in a row.

And 5% stun resist is pretty much the same as a proc. 5% chance when you are stunned to proc a resist vs. 5% chance every time you cast to proc a buff.

Then the Meta Gem is an exception, thus the general rule of thumb.
Straight stat bonus is always better than a proc with a hidden cooldown.

#12 sipowicz

sipowicz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Besides if you are holy/disc chances are you are relying more on instant cast (renew/PW:S/POM/dispel) than anything with some spot flashes/greater heals.

Having a half cast time proc would only be good in certain circumstances and probably not when you could really take advantage of it.

#13 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

Yea, but when it does proc it's pretty easy to get a mana burn/heal off, even with a melee on you.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<