#141 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

I'm getting to the point where I actually pop our -50% dmg taken shieldwall instead of bubbling. Bubbling is actually more of a 2nd trinket if you ask me. Here are some of the reasons:

1. People think I still got bubble, so if I manage to survive their nuke with alot of hp they decide to switch

2. It wont be massdispelled after 2 seconds (even faster cause ppl know its comming)

3. I dont get -50% damage done and dont have to go defensive

4. It actually makes me live longer than using a bubble then get trained to hell afterwards

interesting.....I'd want to try this just to see how many teams don't notice me using it
Posted Image

#142 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

interesting.....I'd want to try this just to see how many teams don't notice me using it

It is mainly in 5s I use it, cause of all the trash debuffs and them not being able to burst something down.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#143 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

No offense, but your opponents are completely unaware if they *think* you still have bubble when forbearance as a debuff is clear as day.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#144 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

No offense, but your opponents are completely unaware if they *think* you still have bubble when forbearance as a debuff is clear as day.

This is true.
Posted Image

#145 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

I'm getting to the point where I actually pop our -50% dmg taken shieldwall instead of bubbling. Bubbling is actually more of a 2nd trinket if you ask me. Here are some of the reasons:

1. People think I still got bubble, so if I manage to survive their nuke with alot of hp they decide to switch

2. It wont be massdispelled after 2 seconds (even faster cause ppl know its comming)

3. I dont get -50% damage done and dont have to go defensive

4. It actually makes me live longer than using a bubble then get trained to hell afterwards

i doubt that would work. even if ur taking 50% less, most people could even burst me through that. and once its down, they will easily be able to train me through forbearance because i have no get away. it would work in some occasions but i wouldnt trust that as an escape really; too much pressure being put out now.

#146 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Give ret a talent to shorten forberance to 30 seconds. Might make the typical train the ret strat a bit less viable.

#147 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

i doubt that would work. even if ur taking 50% less, most people could even burst me through that. and once its down, they will easily be able to train me through forbearance because i have no get away. it would work in some occasions but i wouldnt trust that as an escape really; too much pressure being put out now.

Not likely. They would have to put out 60K dmg in few seconds which won't be possible with buffs and resilience.

And to the others.. Alot of people just look for bubble or wings and on gladius, some of them dont notice u using shieldwall.

#148 Nyquilt

Nyquilt
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

Don't you get spam dispelled while trained usually? Divine protection is dispellable

#149 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Not likely. They would have to put out 60K dmg in few seconds which won't be possible with buffs and resilience.

And to the others.. Alot of people just look for bubble or wings and on gladius, some of them dont notice u using shieldwall.

DP is also dispellable and most teams have an offensive dispell. and yeah most likely they cant burst through dp but once its off, you're easily trained and no def CDs now really.

#150 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

DP is also dispellable and most teams have an offensive dispell. and yeah most likely they cant burst through dp but once its off, you're easily trained and no def CDs now really.

Just like with bubble :P you just get shitloads more attention after that one lol

#151 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

bubble clears MS and anything else, DP doesn't do that

while i can see why you would, it's still better in 3's to clear debuffs entirely.

i don't play 5's as ret.

#152 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

Just like with bubble :P you just get shitloads more attention after that one lol

point is: it would prob work in some occasions but i wouldnt use it mostly because once its over you have no bubble so you pretty much turtle. but meh

#153 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

point is: it would prob work in some occasions but i wouldnt use it mostly because once its over you have no bubble so you pretty much turtle. but meh

Nah its all situational, sometimes you live longer cause MD doesnt hit it. And you dont loose dmg. In 3v3 I never use it.

#154 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

Nah its all situational, sometimes you live longer cause MD doesnt hit it. And you dont loose dmg. In 3v3 I never use it.

there ya go, was wondering if you used it in all brackets, didnt know how you would survive

#155 Anghell

Anghell
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

Well the funny thing is prot ret has 30sec HoJ and a 30sec CD(kind of interrupt).
As I said before I think ret would be much better with 30sec HoJ and Removing the SoJ RNG stun and make it in a way that while SoJ is up your judgements interrupt spell casting, and your melee hits have a chance to daze the target for 5secs (working with DR).
This way to interrupt/slow you'll have to get to SoJ, reducing your damage by a shit load.

#156 Nyquilt

Nyquilt
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

Judgements have travel time. An interrupt with travel time AND on the GCD is not a good idea.

#157 Atkinson

Atkinson
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/1/2/././.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

I think the only way that this is going to happen is, they make a deep ret talent that makes exorcism do no dmg and instead interupt and probly wont be off gcd for another couple patches. People are going cry about ret dmg forever no matter if its good or bad. I would give up exorcism for an interupt and makeing it do 0 dmg would quell the qq of the masses both in one shot. (hopefully itll be off gcd ><)

#158 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

I still think we need Exorcism to do damage, it can crit up to 4K glyphed and alot of AP. I also think perhaps a ranged interrupt is a bit to powerfull, so maybe keep it to some kind of 10 second cd pummel that uses your Art of War proc? Then we got 3 options making our playstyle more diffrent from eachother. Another thing we really need is mana on absorb, just like Warriors started gaining more rage, we really do go oom fast vs. mage/priests in 2v2, 3v3 and Paladins with sacred shield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<