#41 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

I just think melee ranged interupt is the way to go. The possibilities that ran through my head with a ranged interupt made me cream, then I realized it could be a bit ridiculous.

Just imagine the interupts coming out of a shaman and ret teamed up.

go go Hybrid cleave!
Posted Image

#42 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Have fun healers rofl.

#43 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Have fun healers rofl.

sadly wizard cleave is even worse than that....shock/double cs/hex/sheep/fear. or shock/cs/hex/sheep/clone. or shock/cs/hex/fear/clone.
Posted Image

#44 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

It would be nice to have an interrupt though, I'm sure a lot more viable comps would open up for us. My comp would do so much better if I had a reliable interrupt(D/Ret/Hunter). All we really struggle with is wizard cleave.

#45 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

It would be nice to have an interrupt though, I'm sure a lot more viable comps would open up for us. My comp would do so much better if I had a reliable interrupt(D/Ret/Hunter). All we really struggle with is wizard cleave.

could definitely get relent glad with that comp if we got an interrupt, combined with destro nerf.

if only I could find a pro hunter
Posted Image

#46 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 848

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

You wont get interrupt effect, no matter how much you post about it. If they remove your range stun or repetence, then maybe it will happen, till that, no chance for it, neither in Catalysm
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#47 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

You wont get interrupt effect, no matter how much you post about it. If they remove your range stun or repetence, then maybe it will happen, till that, no chance for it, neither in Catalysm

Some of us still have faith in blizzard, at the very least we will get one in Cataclysm, that's how blizzard works. They string you along like their bitch, if they want ret paladins to keep playing they'll have to give us something, sooner or later, even if it's next xpac. Same thing as the wotf nerf following faction and race changes, it's inevitable. Just like they led us on to believe ret would be viable in lich king, I mean sure it's viable, especially compared to pre-lich, but an interrupt isn't asking for too much.
Posted Image

#48 arby

arby
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Blizz shouldnt give ret an interrupt as long as they can dispel.

#49 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

hahaha, this made me laugh.............to avoid crying

Soooo.... You agree or you think im a hypocrit?

Blizz shouldnt give ret an interrupt as long as they can dispel.

Its funny, I thought you needed 2400 to gain access to post here? Mages should not have Spellsteal and Sheep? Its unfair to take all buffs then to nuke them down right?

I didn't say alive, I said mobile and out of cc (dispel, freedom, bop are all very useful tools)

acting like a typical ret-tard pretending like your class has no tools won't get you anywhere. you have defensive utility, and paired with an ms you do good damage. you just need some survivability buffs and a shorter hoj cd (or one that doesn't require you to spec 17 pts in prot and give up the useful holy talents). Yeah, you can't kill a healer solo anymore, but who can besides warriors? No one else is worthy enough of god tier though.

Well then we basicly agree? We can support with some offheals sacrificing damage and having to play defensive to gain mana while our teammate tries to pull our offensive job home while we recover our team. But when we are tunnelled all we can do is run around and try to dispel that Wound poison when a penance is incomming. I mean.. I use freedom to make sure I can dispel wound poison, not to break a stun or keep on target. Shouldnt be this way. Most people can kill a healer if let alone on the target in the open, Rets cant... And thats fine with me. Just some defensive utility and let us keep the sacred shield so we can still maintain some self-healing for some damage.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#50 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

I want access to this as well being holy kay? Or a backlash ability like swd would be fine too

#51 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

I agree with everything you've said Felic, it was just so true....that I couldn't help but laugh....but I also wanted to cry :(

Its funny, I thought you needed 2400 to gain access to post here? Mages should not have Spellsteal and Sheep? Its unfair to take all buffs then to nuke them down right?

I also think they need to raise the cap. 2400 =/= close to gladiator? lol
Posted Image

#52 arby

arby
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

I thought you it looks stupid when you want to mock at people's rating who play harder class than you.

#53 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

I thought you it looks stupid when you want to mock at people's rating who play harder class than you.

Fglad paladin = 2300 mage amirite?

edit: wizard cleave is hard bro
Posted Image

#54 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

It's funny how the sub 1500 players still think Ret is too strong.

It's still funny though that when I help friends in 2v2 at around 2.2k mmr and 2k rating, I still see retris who freedom out of roots and eat a full root if freedom is on cd :D

Ret is OP at low to mid ratings, but they are easy to counter, and especially easy to kite for example warriors once their freedom is out.
Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684862']*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

#55 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

True that... 434-133 with 2380 Rating, I guess it is hard to play at 1300 MMR. I dont mind people comming to post with 6 icons or 0, but your post was directed at only pissing people off, adding nothing constructive so I thought I'd simply do the same... And in all fairness, you're the one looking like a moron when people see this comming from a 0 times Gladiator trying to troll. And sure, My class is easy to play at less ratings, but I only saw 2 Fglad rets in the world this season, so sure, Im proud. But I also feel I can add more to this thread than you can. You're probably just whining cause a Ret managed to bubble before you skillbursted them down or you forgot to put on icebarrier.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#56 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

I have an alt mage, so I'm entitled to post about this. Mage isn't that much harder, the only reason you think it's harder is because mages have more tools to use and thus more things to do.

If Ret had more tools, it would be a harder class to play. Which is why giving Ret an interrupt would help the spec and weed out the bads.

#57 arby

arby
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

True that... 434-133 with 2380 Rating, I guess it is hard to play at 1300 MMR. I dont mind people comming to post with 6 icons or 0, but your post was directed at only pissing people off, adding nothing constructive so I thought I'd simply do the same... And in all fairness, you're the one looking like a moron when people see this comming from a 0 times Gladiator trying to troll. And sure, My class is easy to play at less ratings, but I only saw 2 Fglad rets in the world this season, so sure, Im proud.

Its you guys who raized this rating epeenage, not me :P But gratz on Fglad, you probably hit those crusader strikes harder than all other rets out there, now everyone should take your opinion seriously... No.

#58 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

Ret is shit now, back to its s3 state :D

I'm expecting great joy of next season once warriors and burst gets nerfed as well

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#59 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

Its you guys who raized this rating epeenage, not me :P But gratz on Fglad, you probably hit those crusader strikes harder than all other rets out there, now everyone should take your opinion seriously... No.

pretty sure people take him a little bit more seriously than you....

but don't worry....its just a tiny bit.....

also I love being on at this hour and talking with you euro guys
Posted Image

#60 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

Most shamans are ranged, so would be rather pointless if they had to run into melee range wouldnt it ;-)

Ofcourse it would be stupid, but: How many dps paladins are ranged? :P

And cost of something else? Dont you realise how terrible Retribution Paladins are unless they team up in a retarded cleave setup (where they still are subpar compared to alot of classes).

Exactly, and add a RANGED interrupt to said cleave team will make it better? If anything, make it a melee interrupt.
Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684862']*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<