Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

Ret needs an interrupt, especially if they go through with the sacred shield change, but I don't think that's the right spell for it, maybe exorcism or something.

#23 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Regarding the Interrupt issue, it's like arguing for equal rights to simple things as a minority. Every melee class has an interrupt or lockout of some sort. Except Ret.

#24 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

Regarding the Interrupt issue, it's like arguing for equal rights to simple things as a minority. Every melee class has an interrupt or lockout of some sort. Except Ret.

TO THE GROUND!!!1!!11!ONE!1!ELEVEN!!11
Posted Image

#25 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Mind Freeze is 10 sec cooldown and melee range. Sup? ;)

To say something constructive: I guess you could go with an interrupt, but it will have to come at a cost of something else. Possibly some burst, I don't know.

Most shamans are ranged, so would be rather pointless if they had to run into melee range wouldnt it ;-) And cost of something else? Dont you realise how terrible Retribution Paladins are unless they team up in a retarded cleave setup (where they still are subpar compared to alot of classes).

i really dont like the idea of giving ret paladins a 10 sec cd interrupt since they have so many tools to keep their partner mobile and out of cc already. it would make warrior/ret or rogue/ret cleave teams alot stronger since not only do you have to juke the rets partner who is really hard to cc since he has at least 1 defensive dispeller, but youd also have to juke the rets interrupt too, while working around hoj.

i think the better solution would to just give deep ret a 30 second hoj.

Since every other Cleave team can do it, Rets shouldnt :-P ? Thats a really bad argument comming from a DK with "no tolld to keep their partners alive".

---

Also all the utility you bring is getting quite old. We have 3 blessings, one is dispelable within the first 2 seconds and has 10 seconds uptime and doesnt even close the gab if the monkey just runs the other way (else we are just chain slowed when its out and forced to spam dispel lowering all dps), and the 3 SICK OP abilities like bop (where only rogues dmg can be stopped completly) and sacrifice that is a 10 sec shitty 30% transferable dmg, which is MAINLY used to break sheeps with lol. And our dispels... Yeah its good, but thats the only thing we bring now almost.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#26 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Also all the utility you bring is getting quite old. We have 3 blessings, one is dispelable within the first 2 seconds and has 10 seconds uptime and doesnt even close the gab if the monkey just runs the other way (else we are just chain slowed when its out and forced to spam dispel lowering all dps), and the 3 SICK OP abilities like bop (where only rogues dmg can be stopped completly) and sacrifice that is a 10 sec shitty 30% transferable dmg, which is MAINLY used to break sheeps with lol. And our dispels... Yeah its good, but thats the only thing we bring now almost.

hahaha, this made me laugh.............to avoid crying
Posted Image

#27 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

probably too short of a cd tbh.

#28 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Shamans have a ranged 6 second CD (off the GCD) lockout.

#29 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

probably too short of a cd tbh.

You're Prot, you already have an interrupt. Don't be hating on minorities. We want equal rights!

#30 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Shamans have a ranged 6 second CD (off the GCD) lockout.

but they don't have bubble bro, remember? so it's all good- also their representation is low, so that means ret is better, kk glad we cleared that up.
Posted Image

#31 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Ret is pretty good as it is though, I just don't think blizzard would go for us being able to focus interupt->rep->hoj->focus interupt on the healer->+ partner cc with such a short cd. I think it would be fine against caster but if you threw it in the hands of a talented ret you could lock a healer our for ages. Great Idea, I'm just trying to be realistic. Would be ok if it wasn't ranged.

#32 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Also, I only pve prot.

#33 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Ret is pretty good as it is though, I just don't think blizzard would go for us being able to focus interupt->rep->hoj->focus interupt on the healer->+ partner cc with such a short cd. I think it would be fine against caster but if you threw it in the hands of a talented ret you could lock a healer our for ages. Great Idea, I'm just trying to be realistic. Would be ok if it wasn't ranged.

isn't that equal to shock->hex->shock? either way it's ultimately up to blizz, seeing as they couldn't give two shits about ret paladins, I think asking for ranged is a bit too much, I'd settle for any fucking form of interrupt.
Posted Image

#34 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

Since every other Cleave team can do it, Rets shouldnt :-P ? Thats a really bad argument comming from a DK with "no tolld to keep their partners alive".

---

I didn't say alive, I said mobile and out of cc (dispel, freedom, bop are all very useful tools)

acting like a typical ret-tard pretending like your class has no tools won't get you anywhere. you have defensive utility, and paired with an ms you do good damage. you just need some survivability buffs and a shorter hoj cd (or one that doesn't require you to spec 17 pts in prot and give up the useful holy talents). Yeah, you can't kill a healer solo anymore, but who can besides warriors? No one else is worthy enough of god tier though.

#35 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

You're playing Prot, you have an interrupt already, why won't you let your Ret brothers in on the interrupting business.

God forbid any class could chain CC/Interrupt. Oh wait, Rogues can do it, Dks can do it, and don't get me started on Prot warriors.

#36 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Ya, I don't like comparing classes though. Just because an enhance shaman can do it doesn't really mean we should be able to ranged interrupt.

I want to get an interrupt as much as the next ret, I just don't think blizzard would go for a short cd ranged interrupt for us.

#37 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

You're playing Prot, you have an interrupt already, why won't you let your Ret brothers in on the interrupting business.

God forbid any class could chain CC/Interrupt. Oh wait, Rogues can do it, Dks can do it, and don't get me started on Prot warriors.

I pvp ret, pve prot.

#38 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I didn't say alive, I said mobile and out of cc (dispel, freedom, bop are all very useful tools)

acting like a typical ret-tard pretending like your class has no tools won't get you anywhere. you have defensive utility, and paired with an ms you do good damage. you just need some survivability buffs and a shorter hoj cd (or one that doesn't require you to spec 17 pts in prot and give up the useful holy talents). Yeah, you can't kill a healer solo anymore, but who can besides warriors? No one else is worthy enough of god tier though.

because warriors, dks, rogues, shamans, feral druids, mages, etc have no mobility? honestly I'd trade freedom for deathgrip/sprint/charge/feral leap/blink. and BoP is the biggest joke in fucking history, warriors break it, priests/shamans dispel it, mages/locks/dks ignore it, feral druids instant cyclone it, I think the only classes it really helps against are rogues, and other ret paladins. That's all pointless anyways because no one ever focuses something else when they see a ret paladin.

I don't think asking for an interrupt is asking to kill healers 1v1.

edit: where did your post go mister dk?
Posted Image

#39 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Ya, I don't like comparing classes though. Just because an enhance shaman can do it doesn't really mean we should be able to ranged interrupt.

I want to get an interrupt as much as the next ret, I just don't think blizzard would go for a short cd ranged interrupt for us.

Agreed, I don't like class to class comparisons either. But I will compare roles to roles. EVERY melee class has a form of interrupt and spell lockout, except US.

We were fine without an interrupt pre 3.2 because our damage made up for it (along with stupid powerful passive abilities like pre nerf Vindication). But that damage is long gone and if you've kept up with recent developments, you'd know that our survivability is getting nerfed.

We aren't fine, not by a long shot. We aren't in a horrible situation either, but we could really use an interrupt of some form.

#40 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

I just think melee ranged interupt is the way to go. The possibilities that ran through my head with a ranged interupt made me cream, then I realized it could be a bit ridiculous.

Just imagine the interupts coming out of a shaman and ret teamed up.

On a side note it's nice to see some ret discussion going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<