#1 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

A simple and elegant way to give Retribution Paladins some much needed offensive utility is to allow Hand of Reckoning to interrupt spell casting.

Make it an interrupt with no school lock out, just a straight up interruption of cast.

Why an interrupt? Every melee class in the game has the ability to prevent spell casting via an interrupt or school lock out. Most other melee classes also have gap closers, snares, and mortal strike effects (Often with multiple versions). The Retribution Paladin has unique abilities other melee classes do not, primarily team support abilities. However, the lack of an interrupt ability is one of the most frustrating factors when playing as a Ret Paladin.

Would Hand of Reckoning as an interrupt be fair? My opinion is that if a talent deep in the Retribution Tree allowed Hand of Reckoning to interrupt spell casting, it would solve one of the largest burdens of being a Ret Paladin without affecting other specs and PVE. I don't think it would need a school-lockout effect, as a ranged lockout form a melee class is too strong for so short a short cooldown. The cooldown and range I believe to be fair as Shamans have a 6 second CD interrupt with significant range already.

For any player that competes in Arena PVP, the timing and finesse required to interrupt other players is an extremely important ability to possess. Allowing Ret Paladins to interrupt adds another layer of difficulty to an otherwise "seemingly" easy class to play.

I put this up on the official forums, what do you guys think? Fair? Too Strong? Not enough?

http://forums.worldo...7429171&sid=1#4

#2 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

i think ret could use an interrupt, but instead of bastardizing a spell and making stuff even more confusing (RANGED TAUNT THAT DOES DAMAGE WHEN THE THING ISN'T TARGETING YOU... BUT IT ALSO INTERRUPTS WHEN ITS CASTING), they should just add something new if they wanted to give us an interrupt.

#3 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

You mean like how they are bastardizing Sacred Shield. ABSORB SHIELD THAT PROCS BUT ONLY HAS GOOD PROC IF YOU TALENT IT WITH 2 DIFFERENT TALENTS IN SEPARATE TREES AND ONLY PROCS ONCE DURING ITS WHOLE DURATION IF YOU DONT TALENT IT. And I didn't explain the healing 50% crit part.

#4 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

i suppose. what about when a ret paladin needs to be interrupting a boss?

#5 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

You could always have used HoJ. Or don't interrupt at all, like we have been doing since forever.

I understand what you mean though, in this case a new ability would serve us better. But it just seems so easy a fix to make Hand of Reck an interrupt.

#6 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

i also don't think the range is necessary, and is a little overkill (which is another reason i'd put more support behind an entire new ability).

would it be the typical melee interrupt of 4 seconds, or the wind shear interrupt of 2 seconds?

#7 kdu

kdu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

wtb an interrupt, i don't care if it locks them out or is a 20s CD, it's needed.

#8 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

Like I said in the post, it doesn't need a school lock out at all. Just a simple interrupt. Leave it at 30 yards and 8 second cooldown. If you want a comparison Wind Shear is 25 yards untalented and 6 second cooldown.

Here's why you don't really need a new ability, Hand of Reckoning has the appropriate cooldown for an interrupt, the range is a fine (Ok maybe 20 yards would be better), and it is already off the GCD.

#9 kdu

kdu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

someone post this on the paladin forums, WTB BLUE POST

#10 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

I think they should give us something brand new, deep in the ret talents. It shouldn't have a stupid range like hand of reckoning, I think a normal interrupt is fine, and it should definitely lock them out for a decent amount of time. If you posted this on WoW forums link it and I'll /sign or whatever the shit.
Posted Image

#11 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

I have, it is in the Damage Dealing forums. Go bump it.

#12 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

I have, it is in the Damage Dealing forums. Go bump it.

you lazy son of a-
Posted Image

#13 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

http://forums.worldo...677672277&sid=1
Posted Image

#14 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

What if the new interrupt ability was only usable with Art of War procs?

Probably would be too weak, but it's a start.

#15 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

lol, this made my day, ret is hard ...

Please, take ur scrub char and get off the Paladin forum. Apperently Hunters are hard too since you failed for 6 seasons.

-----

Imo it should be a melee kick since a ranged one would be to strong with taunt, repentance, taunt, hoj, taunt + a partner. But I just think they should stop nerfing Rets all the time cause they are easy to play at lower ratings.. None at lower ratings would even play them if they knew how bad they were compared to pure classes at higher rating.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#16 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

i really dont like the idea of giving ret paladins a 10 sec cd interrupt since they have so many tools to keep their partner mobile and out of cc already. it would make warrior/ret or rogue/ret cleave teams alot stronger since not only do you have to juke the rets partner who is really hard to cc since he has at least 1 defensive dispeller, but youd also have to juke the rets interrupt too, while working around hoj.

i think the better solution would to just give deep ret a 30 second hoj.

#17 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

i really dont like the idea of giving ret paladins a 10 sec cd interrupt since they have so many tools to keep their partner mobile and out of cc already. it would make warrior/ret or rogue/ret cleave teams alot stronger since not only do you have to juke the rets partner who is really hard to cc since he has at least 1 defensive dispeller, but youd also have to juke the rets interrupt too, while working around hoj.

i think the better solution would to just give deep ret a 30 second hoj.

I don't see how 2 interrupts in one cleave team would be any different than what is already viable.

Also I agree with felic completely.

p.s I'm getting tired of arguing on the WoW forums with these pre 1500 scrubs.
Posted Image

#18 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Like I said in the post, it doesn't need a school lock out at all. Just a simple interrupt. Leave it at 30 yards and 8 second cooldown. If you want a comparison Wind Shear is 25 yards untalented and 6 second cooldown.

Mind Freeze is 10 sec cooldown and melee range. Sup? ;)

To say something constructive: I guess you could go with an interrupt, but it will have to come at a cost of something else. Possibly some burst, I don't know.
Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684862']*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

#19 Veet

Veet
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

I don't see how 2 interrupts in one cleave team would be any different than what is already viable.

Also I agree with felic completely.

p.s I'm getting tired of arguing on the WoW forums with these pre 1500 scrubs.

It's funny how the sub 1500 players still think Ret is too strong.

#20 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

It's funny how the sub 1500 players still think Ret is too strong.

Arguing with these kids is so pointless, I just don't want blizzard to read this and think that a bunch of 1500 pr kids and battleground heroes know what they are talking about arguing against people that actually play top end arena and know what a joke ret is.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<