Photo

Every Undead for a Human Brain!

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

It would be. But 1 + a spare trinket's at least comparable. And how many people have both? 1/1000 humans over 2.1k?

People that arent lazy have both? Any human has NOOOOO excuse for not having them with how easy they are to get(maybe with the exception of Reign, but pug TOGC's are killing valks already). At this point no other racial comes close.

#42 Konfu

Konfu
  • Junkies

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

It would be. But 1 + a spare trinket's at least comparable. And how many people have both? 1/1000 humans over 2.1k?

But the 1/000 human that will, will have a free ride to Glad and bitch about how easy it is to kill "unskilled oponents"

Every week I do ToC25 with my alt, and missed Deaths Choice with a 92 vs 94 roll, so next time it will be mine... And we willed Anub on 1st try then. In a total PuG grp.

#43 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

People that arent lazy have both? Any human has NOOOOO excuse for not having them with how easy they are to get(maybe with the exception of Reign, but pug TOGC's are killing valks already). At this point no other racial comes close.

Point me out the pugs downing heroic 25m ToC, please. You have to be joking, to think that it's easy to get the normal and heroic version of any of those. If you're in a guild that can farm each of the fights, they still only have about a 10% chance to drop, and you're fighting against 6 people for solace, 11 for death's verdict, and 8 for reign. If one drops, the odds of you getting it are still very low.

Pugs can get the NORMAL ones easily. But you're talking about using BOTH, thus are making retarded arguments.

I'm in a guild that can farm those encounters, and I raid on my priest with another guild who can (I'm paying for the solace if it ever drops). My guild has seen 2 normal verdicts and 1 heroic, same with solace. The guild I take my priest with has seen 0 of either on heroic, and 0 verdicts on normal. Your perception on the ease of obtaining best in slot low drop rate items from hard modes is incorrect.

#44 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Point me out the pugs downing heroic 25m ToC, please. You have to be joking, to think that it's easy to get the normal and heroic version of any of those. If you're in a guild that can farm each of the fights, they still only have about a 10% chance to drop, and you're fighting against 6 people for solace, 11 for death's verdict, and 8 for reign. If one drops, the odds of you getting it are still very low.

Ok, in a pug you can pay someone like 1-3k for the item no biggie, and in a ToGC maybe between 10-20k for it then you never have to go back.

Reign is the only thing remotely hard anyway, HM Anub sadly isnt puggable yet.. just wait 2-3 weeks.

ALSO.. You are admitting having them makes the racial OP, yet you see no reason to nerf it.. Only nerf stuff that you dont play I guess.

#45 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:57 AM

Ok, in a pug you can pay someone like 1-3k for the item no biggie, and in a ToGC maybe between 10-20k for it then you never have to go back.

Reign is the only thing remotely hard anyway, HM Anub sadly isnt puggable yet.. just wait 2-3 weeks.

ALSO.. You are admitting having them makes the racial OP, yet you see no reason to nerf it.. Only nerf stuff that you dont play I guess.

Did you not read my post on the previous page? It is potentially OP in an extremely rare situation (not game breakingly OP, just overvalued for a trinket slot), but even in those situations, you're comparing the normal mode trinket against a spare pvp trinket. It isn't apples to oranges. You're citing the one in a million scenario and using it to counter the 60% of all priests argument.

Hahahahaha, no. You are completely clueless.

And there's no way people will be pugging heroic ToC Anub/twins (jaraxxus is a huuuge stretch, but at least potentially possible once icecrown is out) at lvl 80, much less in 2-3 weeks.

If that incredibly rare occurance was deemed overpowered, the only situation where the human racial is arguably so, the solution would be to not allow you to equip both the normal and heroic trinkets, not to nerf the racial. Your own argument fails.

#46 Symbiote

Symbiote
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

ex: ****LOCK CASTING 9 SEC FEAR****
****FEARED**** -> ****USED WOTF**** (2 MIN CD REMAINING FOR WOTF)
****LOCK CASTING 6 SEC FEAR****
****TRINKET? FUCK!****
****LOCK CASTING 3 SEC FEAR****
****QQ****
/quit

hmmmm may be but atleast i live in U.S.A and ya as-s still in mexico eatin burritos or should i say quesadillas?;)

Site Rules

These rules are simple. Be helpful and informative and don't be a jackass. Since that is subjective though, here is explicitly what is forbidden.

Signature/Avatar Guidelines
- Signatures should not be so wide that they stretch the user's post beyond the normal page boundary. They also should be no greater than 250 pixels in height. Embeded images in signatures should be no larger than 250 kilobytes in size.

Animated signatures are only allowed when they are not flashing and distracting.

- Avatars should be no greater than 100 kilobytes in size.

#47 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Did you not read my post on the previous page? It is potentially OP in an extremely rare situation (not game breakingly OP, just overvalued for a trinket slot), but even in those situations, you're comparing the normal mode trinket against a spare pvp trinket. It isn't apples to oranges. You're citing the one in a million scenario and using it to counter the 60% of all priests argument.

Hahahahaha, no. You are completely clueless.

And there's no way people will be pugging heroic ToC Anub/twins (jaraxxus is a huuuge stretch, but at least potentially possible once icecrown is out) at lvl 80, much less in 2-3 weeks.

Im fairly certain theres a pug on Dragonmaw killing faction champs on heroic(I will check on this after work), so its not a huge stretch, lots of top end raiders have alts that they want loot on too.

And double trinkets isnt the only thing that makes it OP really.

Verdict/Grim Tol
Reign/Scale
Solace/Bm trinket
Embrace/Scale

That is way way way better than the standard pvp trinket/??? trinket everyone else is forced to use.

What really makes me think people are idiots at this point is every alliance person was all for removing racials in arena before this now its all about "LOL ENJOY SUCKING, HF FACTION CHANGING"

I also want to know how im clueless, ive paid large amounts of gold many times to buy off people after losing rolls in TOC =/

#48 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:07 AM

I also want to know how im clueless, ive paid large amounts of gold many times to buy off people after losing rolls in TOC =/

1-3k is not a large amount of gold, I'm laughing that you think it'd go for close to that little. There's not a chance of you getting any of those for that low. A normal verdict would easily get 20k, and I'm offering 50,000g for a heroic solace to a group of friends (because I'd love to be that 1 in a million person :)), and a reign or verdict would probably take 100,000g. Plus, you'd have to find someone willing to sell you it, over their guildies, even if you somehow magically got the damn things to drop. Though even if I got it, I wouldn't mind them making the trinkets unique. And again, if they offered a trinket that gave the same passive stats as a pvp trinket, but gave the new wotf CD too, virtually every human in the game would immediately equip it.

If that "pug" is clearing through champs, it isn't a pug by conventional definitions. It's a raid without a guild tag.

What really makes me think people are idiots at this point is every alliance person was all for removing racials in arena before this now its all about "LOL ENJOY SUCKING, HF FACTION CHANGING"

Racials should still be removed, or freely chosen. The biggest issue I'd have with them removing racials completely would be the lack of choice in trinkets I currently have, not the power of them. I think it's stupid that almost everyone is forced to run bmaster/pvp trinket.

Solace/Bm trinket

In this setup, the human racial is the Bmaster buff. 4600hp on demand on a CD, vs wotf. I'd take the extra trinket in that comparison.

#49 Mylez

Mylez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:07 AM

ex: ****LOCK CASTING 9 SEC FEAR****
****FEARED**** -> ****USED WOTF**** (2 MIN CD REMAINING FOR WOTF)
****LOCK CASTING 6 SEC FEAR****
****TRINKET? FUCK!****
****LOCK CASTING 3 SEC FEAR****
****QQ****
/quit

It actually goes 7s fear, 3.5s fear, 1.75s fear.

#50 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:13 AM

1-3k is not a large amount of gold, I'm laughing that you think it'd go for close to that little. There's not a chance of you getting any of those for that low. A normal verdict would easily get 20k, and I'm offering 50,000g for a heroic solace to a group of friends (because I'd love to be that 1 in a million person :)). Though even if I got it, I wouldn't mind them making the trinkets unique. And again, if they offered a trinket that gave the same passive stats as a pvp trinket, but gave the new wotf CD too, virtually every human in the game would immediately equip it.

If that "pug" is clearing through champs, it isn't a pug by conventional definitions. It's a raid without a guild tag.

Racials should still be removed, or freely chosen. The biggest issue I'd have with them removing racials completely would be the lack of choice in trinkets I currently have, not the power of them. I think it's stupid that almost everyone is forced to run bmaster/pvp trinket.

In this setup, the human racial is the Bmaster buff. 4600hp on demand on a CD, vs wotf. I'd take the extra trinket in that comparison.

It is a "pug" because they are obviously not in the same guild etc, and take a few randoms every week. You cant justify it not being a pug really =/

If I would ever get the 258 reign I would instantly faction change my mage, I would 1000000000000% rather have double reign(or even Reign/Scale) than WoTF in any scenario.

Id also take double solace on the priest, because then I can just pretend im a holy paladin and never worry about mana.

#51 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:24 AM

There are probably about 20-30 people in the US with both normal and heroic trinkets of any kind. Of those, a fraction are human. Of those, a fraction are highly rated.

There are approximately 500,000 undeads in the US, give or take.

NERF NERF NERF HUMANS. Or, you know, nerf the trinket stacking.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

Yet to see someone in arena with 2 of either trinket, seen 2 Rogues on my server with 2x trinket at 1500 rating

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#53 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

The point is if they do have double trinket, its like having glaives in BC, but even more OP.

OH THATS FAIR LOL.

#54 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:29 AM

The point is if they do have double trinket, its like having glaives in BC, but even more OP.

OH THATS FAIR LOL.

Again, this ignores some things.

One, there were thousands if not more glaive rogues, not a dozen. That doesn't change how overpowered it can be, but it does change the significance. And this was at a time where bursting people down stupidly fast was the exception, not the rule. 1 extra Deaths verdict doesn't hold a candle to warglaives in terms of potency.

Two, that wasn't a rogue issue, it was a glaive issue. This isn't a human issue, it's a normal/heroic trinket stacking issue. Otherwise, it boils down to basically a battlemaster proc racial.

#55 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:36 AM

Again, this ignores some things.

One, there were thousands if not more glaive rogues, not a dozen. That doesn't change how overpowered it can be, but it does change the significance. And this was at a time where bursting people down stupidly fast was the exception, not the rule. 1 extra Deaths verdict doesn't hold a candle to warglaives in terms of potency.

Two, that wasn't a rogue issue, it was a glaive issue. This isn't a human issue, it's a normal/heroic trinket stacking issue. Otherwise, it boils down to basically a battlemaster proc racial.

Its not a BM issue, there are other ridiculously easy to get PvE trinkets humans are wearing, as I said in an earlier post.

#56 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

Warriors are a poor comparison since they have no real use for wotf in the first place (comparitively). They will almost never use it after the change.

Mages are basically the only class (aside from warriors which I just explained are a poor example) that has a significant 2 pve trinket combo who would use it over a battlemaster, with scales and reign, and it's not that retarded, plus I heard someone say the buff is dispellable (from scales)?

#57 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

jesus lol
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#58 ephex

ephex
  • Iunchlady
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:44 AM

NO, THE BLADESTORM AVATAR IS MORE IMPORTANT

#59 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

Im not sure about the scale buff, I sadly dont have it.

You, as a priest cant deny having double solace and not having to ever ever ever ever worry about mana wouldnt be more gamebreaking than WOTF.

#60 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

I'd love it...as double healer/warrior. As any single healer comp, it wouldn't be worth it. 144 mp5 v wotf, the most ideal human comparison, is hardly that lopsided. It's definitely a lot of regen, but how often are you scraping bottom as a priest? Say your avg game lasts 3 minutes. 2 extra trinkets vs 5000 mana, I'd say the fear breaks will win you significantly more games, hands down.

And I wouldn't use it x2 in 5s as any comp I can think of.

When I got my normal solace, I tried socketing a bunch of mp5. I have about 300mp5 more than I did at this point last season, and it's hardly close to never having to worry about mana :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<