#101 noxination

noxination
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

all you ret pallies are complaining now but none of you dare to complain about TBC where you guys were absolutely useless as opposed to just mediocore like right now. I think you guys should get buffs for sure but you guys need to express how much tbc sucked for 2/3 of the specs in the game

I think the fact that tbc sucked for most specs, especially hybrids, kind of explains why rets didn't complain as much, at the moment I'd rather be a feral druid and possibly an enhance shaman over a ret paladin. As for tbc, I didn't play for most of it but I think it's fair to say people gave up on paladins s3/s4.
Posted Image

#102 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

all you ret pallies are complaining now but none of you dare to complain about TBC where you guys were absolutely useless as opposed to just mediocore like right now. I think you guys should get buffs for sure but you guys need to express how much tbc sucked for 2/3 of the specs in the game

playing ret in s3 and s4 was fun if you had the right comp, but it suffered many problems and in the end it was like smashing your head into the wall over and over when you met certain teams.

#103 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

So let me get this straight? We should be glad for any buff we recieved since TBC cause we're supposed to be shit, and as long as they nerf as to hell it is okay, cause we were crap in TBC and should be greatfull? lol dude you trolling? Obviously the game was still new with arenas and people werent on forums whining back then, so few Rets so why whine, other specs had it just as terrible like Ferals, Enhance shamans, Hunters and stuff. In wotlk we got a reason to whine about it. They shouldnt nerf our survability but buff it... We're harmless without a 2nd dpser helping us out

I didn't say warriors are worse than rets (even though you're comparing a class with a spec) ,I just found it funny that he downplays ret damage that much.

That said,I always let out a sigh of relief when I see a warrior in 2v2 on my alt(I haven't played this toon in a while).

Look, we can agree that if you have bad gear it is alot better to meet a Warrior than a Ret Paladin. But as soon as we start talking about competetive Arena, meeting a Ret is a joke. I play holy alot atm, and since I lack shitloads of gear I run around with 585 resi and 21,500 HP with a Warlock. We still got like 75% winrate but some games I just get gibbed. This happens if any Ret uses wings and hammer then my HP drops like a baby... Vs a warrior I can easily just stand in a corner and heal... This is however due to HOJ and Wings by far! But with proper gear and 25K hp, a ret would be a completly joke for me compared to a warrior. Same goes for rdruids and rshamans and priests lol... Can barely "gib" rogues for 50% of their HP if everything crits, but its not hard to get them up again with ½ a brain. Games are won by a long chain of CC og oom.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#104 kolsyrad

kolsyrad
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

retlol

You called?

#105 Dobael

Dobael
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Don't cry about ret, just go prot DPS and be unkillable and twice as overpowered as ret was in s6, its true just look at hoboshocka from Shadowburn.

#106 Atkinson

Atkinson
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/1/2/././.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

Don't cry about ret, just go prot DPS and be unkillable and twice as overpowered as ret was in s6, its true just look at hoboshocka from Shadowburn.

Pretty sure those are the real reasons ret keeps geting nerfd because lame super op builds like holy prot or ret prot lol. I just think its funny they try to get rid of one op spec and make another so they just say fuck it and end up shiting on the non op one(ret).

#107 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

about time
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#108 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Why are people complaining ? I've met prot/ret paladins which are more deadly than a ordinary ret will ever be, "ret" will still be fine.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#109 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

dont do this to rets, my alt will cry -_-
mad

#110 Scoopness

Scoopness
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2326

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

peace prot holy

#111 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

I'll piss a brick if ret doesn't get a talent for SS.

That'd be worth seeing.
화이팅

#112 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

main problem is the survivability and being unable to peel. damage is also poor compared to most other classes but you can still pull out more if you use the moves wisely. it will still be fine but the survival rate is taking a huge hit

#113 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Good change

#114 Delikat

Delikat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

'Skilled' retri's use AoW when Sacred Shield procs to get the instantcrit FoL+Sheath.
Goodjob blizz on removing that little tiny skillcap away as well :-)

#115 summerof41

summerof41
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

Why the fuck did holy get the ss talent and not ret? rofl

#116 Mobywan

Mobywan
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

"From that describtion, I can conclude that it is not the Paladin class that is "tanky", or defensive. It is class Y that is too tanky for the Paladin, and the Paladin is forced to use two cooldowns that are over four minutes. If these abilities were to be changed, then the Paladin class would be changed (outside of arena) and the other classes would need to be brought into reasonable levels. "

Also, this change is reverted to people looking at paladin as a 3 phase boss or something. Stated by Ghostcrawler. So basically means that this change won't affect anything but nerfing ret and prots deeper into the ground of arena as Lay on Hands is still available to be cast.

Good job on the change blizz!

Stupid company still didn't realise we're bad represented as ret or prot.

#117 Owro

Owro
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

Reading GC replies makes me so tired. He constantly avoid talking about high ranked arena games. It is reading posts from a low ranked BG playing casual player that refuse to reply to any well made post. But perhaps that is just what he is.

I don't think we will ever get any good replies from him.

#118 Mobywan

Mobywan
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Retpaladins only get nerfed because they p00n noobs in BG :D

It all started with the Vindication nerf and never went up anymore :D

#119 Covertghost

Covertghost
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

Retpaladins only get nerfed because they p00n noobs in BG :D

It all started with the Vindication nerf and never went up anymore :D

Yeah, being balanced around bgs when everything else is balanced around arenas is cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<