New Sacred Shield effect

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 Deathlemon

Deathlemon

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

rets have plenty of survivablity, more than other claasses atleast

bubble

there spinning dmg move heals them(no other class heals when they do dmg)

a absorb

freedoms out of stuns

gg
Steiner recliner

#42 gowiththeflow87

gowiththeflow87
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationGijon,Spain

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

Ret is gladiator material atm (not as easy as it was the previous season before the 3.2 patch hit) but i honestly think ret isn't in that bad shape as some people try to make it look.

Regarding the SS nerf.. guess we'll get something in return for it.

#43 Anghell

Anghell
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Think this change works good as both a nerf to protholy and protdps, though this will hurt ret a lot.

Not only the ret himself but any team with a ret, cause halfbrained rets know how to keep SS up on whoever the target is.

They should give something to ret to compensate or allow them to have the 6sec SS as well, or we'd still see protibution being mroe viable then ret which sucksbalss imo.

#44 leon

leon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

Finally... Was about time

#45 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

add this aura mastery nerf onto this and holy is nerfed pretty good too, it's not like the infusion of light thing is gonna be up 100% of the time, although they haven't explained how it's going to work yet

There is nothing to explain. With infusion of light, sacred shield is gonna be like it was pre-3.3. Without it, it will have a 30 second cooldown on the shield effect. It is not linked to the actual infusion of light proc (insta flash) at all.

#46 Ledenican

Ledenican
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Why play ret when you can play protret, never die, and do more damage.

#47 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

Good change imo.

I was thinking a change like this might have been viable last patch when they introduced the hot, but this is more than I could have ever asked for.

Prot has no business with a spell like this but ret might need a similar talent as holy. If a ret pally gets focused he doesn't have many buttons to push, he can glyph salvation and bubble but outside of that there isn't much he can do.

If ret does need another defensive ability to make up for this, I sure hope it's too deep for any other spec to get.

#48 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:14 AM

Fuck the aura mastery change. :(
And LoH-self is so good for raiding!

#49 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

Fuck the aura mastery change. :(
And LoH-self is so good for raiding!

what happened to aura mastery?

#50 zyrxy

zyrxy
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:51 AM

lol I dont get it. Why arent more people complaining... come on holy pallys

#51 Ameriss

Ameriss
  • Junkies

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

I don't think any Holy Paladins are complaining.
Ret was the spec (unreasonably)hit by this.
Spoiler

#52 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

"As you can see, we are trying some different things with some paladin mechanics.

The Aura Mastery change (to 6 sec duration) is one we think is appropriate. If I had to guess, this one will stick.

We are trying some things with Sacred Shield to make it more of a Holy tool and less useful for Ret and Prot (without being totally irrelevant). I don't have a lot of faith that the implementation on the PTR is the one we'll go with for a couple of reasons, but our overall goal is to make Ret less tanky and the Holy tree feel like it's the right one to focus on for healing. I would expect a Sacred Shield change of some kind though.

I wouldn't worry too much on the Lay on Hands change at this point. I don't want to promise we won't change the spell for 3.3, but our intent was to revert the others only change before it went out to the PTR, which is why we didn't patch note it. We have already changed it back on our local builds.

The paladin class isn't just supposed to be for support anymore, but at the same time, the original intent for many paladin abilities was to help the group. Over time however they have contributed into making the paladin into a "one-man army," able to play offensively, defensively and heal without say the stance changing or shapeshifting or sometimes event talent specialization required of other classes. Many of the LK balance problems we've had with the class are because of that core issue.

With that said, we're just not sure a Lay on Hands change really accomplishes much from a balance perspective, while it feels bad to lose such an iconic ability. We just don't think the bang for the buck is there on this change, which is why we reverted it. But I'm not going to promise we won't touch it.

In fact, I'm not going to promise anything with this post. :) Please don't dredge it up later to try and argue against any upcoming changes. I'm just trying to clear up some confusion."

---

From GC on why they changed it.

hopefully they give ret some utility =/

#53 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:12 AM

Stopped caring when I quit in s4 and such

If you've played this game since release as a paladin like I have, you learned to not care a long long time ago lol.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#54 zyrxy

zyrxy
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

Stopped caring when I quit in s4 and such

If you've played this game since release as a paladin like I have, you learned to not care a long long time ago lol.

yeah i dont really care lol. I always wish I made a priest or something that requires you to bind more than 2 buttons (at least thats what i heard) But it takes too long for me to level another character, so im stuck with the pally, although i do enjoy playing priests on ptrs lol.

#55 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

What is there to cry about? 4 seconds off of aura mastery? Big deal.

The first 1-3 seconds of aura mastery are all that ever seem to count for me, once I manage to get one or two heals off without being blanket silenced or interrupted I can generally afford to fake cast if need be.

Sacred shield getting nerfed for prot and ret is great news for holy paladins, especially if you still like to play 2's (lol).

I really hope this is enough to discourage the prot/ret hybrid garbage gaining popularity now, even if it doesn't make it live until S8.

#56 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:25 AM

Avoid the unconstructive babble.

#57 Mylez

Mylez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:42 AM

can't say i'm not happy about a ret nerf.

#58 vinas

vinas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

Idd byebye prot but it will definetely effect retri also esp in arenas. Also 4 sec less aura mastery was not necessary tho..

#59 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

Idd byebye prot but it will definetely effect retri also esp in arenas. Also 4 sec less aura mastery was not necessary tho..

i only really need the first ~4 seconds of it to catch back up with healing, if anything its nice to free cast once its up but it's probably needed for 5v5.

#60 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:07 AM

the ss absorb is shit for ret anyways since it doesnt scale with sheath of light, the hot is the nice part

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<