Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Uh no, not even close to correct.

Passive crit rates are in the 55-60% range in PvE at this moment. Shatter puts it at 105-110%.

Anyways, it was just a suggestion to make the shatters more reliable in PvP. Its just that frost has a really shitty crit modifier. I was thinking about a change where a frostbolt shatter crit would cause your next IL to be off the GCD.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

Yeah but it would now if the haste isn't as much of an upgrade as it would be before actual relentless type haste gear.

#43 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

Passive crit rates are in the 55-60% range in PvE at this moment. Shatter puts it at 105-110%.

I get about 40% crit in full PvE gear as Arcane, in a raid group, so do the other Mages I raid with.

#44 Valir

Valir
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

are you counting totem of wrath, scorch type debuff, and that fire talent that increases the crit by another 6%?

There is A LOT of off character sheet crit.

#45 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

I get about 40% crit in full PvE gear as Arcane, in a raid group, so do the other Mages I raid with.

Getting off-topic, but your gear isn't good enough to make statements like this. I have 44% crit on character sheet in a raid, 3% from clearcast, 6% from incineration, 5% from 4pt9, 3% from FM recoil, 5% from imp scorch, 3% from HotC. Comes out to 63% for all spells, 69% for AB, so yes it is greater than 50%.

As frost spec, 3% from WC would cancel out 3% from clearcast, so it'd turn out to be 60% for all spells, 63% for frostbolt.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Uh no, not even close to correct.

As PvP Arcane (no 15% int) I have 37.21% char screen crit with int/bok/gotw.
That's 34.21% without talents.
Now for FB:
3% from WC
3% from FM buff
3% from FM proc
5% from 4T9
3% from HotC
5% from WC debuff
5% from Moonkin/Elemental
-~3% for bosses

=58.21%

Now tell me how that's below 50% please.

If I spec Fire and use Fire gear I'm at ~78% crit with full buffs/debuffs.

#47 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Now for FB:
3% from WC
3% from FM buff
3% from FM proc
5% from 4T9
3% from HotC
5% from WC debuff
-~3% for bosses

=58.21%

we're talking about PvE frost, not PvP arcane... and my post SAID that it was already at 100% with shatter, that was the whole point

#48 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

Now for FB:
3% from WC
3% from FM buff
3% from FM proc
5% from 4T9
3% from HotC
5% from WC debuff
-~3% for bosses

=58.21%

We're talking about PvE frost not PvP arcane. We're also talking about Passive Crit

#49 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

We're talking about PvE frost not PvP arcane. We're also talking about Passive Crit

Are you stupid? That's my crit in PvE Frost.
The reason I said PvP Arcane was that I have no 15% int from that spec and only 3% from talents, so it's easy to calculate stats without talents.

Seriously, if you have no clue, just don't post crap.

And that is permanent raidbuffed crit, no procs included.

And remember, that's my Arcane gear (very low crit value).

#50 Celestior

Celestior
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

I don't use any pve gear besides the badge helm and my damage feels relatively fine. Kind of RNGish as frost I suppose, but when the stars align and you have FoF + brainfreeze up it gets pretty absurd. 2800 sp and 500+ haste with 900+ resil ain't nothing to sneeze at imo, and resilience seems like a pretty valid stat now with a lot of teams figuring out that training mages is a legitimate strategy.

#51 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

The reason I said PvP Arcane was that I have no 15% int from that spec and only 3% from talents, so it's easy to calculate stats without talents.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to prove - I posted to explain that buffing Shatter to 70% wouldn't change PvE at all because with FoF up, we're already at 100% crit, and you responded with a bunch of random shit about how your crit chance is over 100% with a bunch of procs that have nothing to do with what we're talking about. What's your point?

#52 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

we're talking about PvE frost, not PvP arcane... and my post SAID that it was already at 100% with shatter, that was the whole point

Learn to read, seriously.
I was replying to the guy who said that it's not above 100% and that would be my permanent Frost PvE crit chance pre-shatter.

#53 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to prove - I posted to explain that buffing Shatter to 70% wouldn't change PvE at all because with FoF up, we're already at 100% crit, and you responded with a bunch of random shit about how your crit chance is over 100% with a bunch of procs that have nothing to do with what we're talking about. What's your point?

I'm just proving that your statement was right because that retard said it wasn't. If you actually read my post you'd see that all I did was proving that in any half decent gear you're way over 50% crit as Frost in a raid, without any procs.

Seriously, getting shittalked for reinforcing your argument. Gotta love what AJ has become.

#54 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

And remember, that's my Arcane gear (very low crit value).

You weren't very clear, and it's pretty silly for you to be talking about PvE stats in PvP.

#55 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

You weren't very clear, and it's pretty silly for you to be talking about PvE stats in PvP.

You said Mages aren't above critcap with FoF in PvE. I proved you wrong. That's all.

#56 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Get your acts together mages, lol.

#57 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

You said Mages aren't above critcap with FoF in PvE. I proved you wrong. That's all.

Ah no you didn't because in a raid I'm about 95% crit. Blanket statements are fun

#58 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Ah no you didn't because in a raid I'm about 95% crit. Blanket statements are fun

Sorry that I didn't consider Mages with crap gear in.

#59 Sparda

Sparda
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

I don't really know who you are but you whine a lot about where mages are at the moment because I hardly doubt you've played any other class, you seem pretty fucking ignorant and annoying, since mages are probably the most LOL class in the game right now, the biggest buff you got was adding haste offpieces to the game, and you still whine about damage? HOW IN HELL do you think its fair to just gem for haste like a retard and have your crit chance down to 10% or whatever because of some talent that gives you 50% FUCKING CRIT, and you want it to be 70%????????

not to mention that SR STILL stacks with your fucking retarded lol mage armor, and it haven't been fixed yet , making it 30% would be fine considering all classes, or most of them have fear reduction talents....

your class is a joke, and just the fact that you can get your frostbolt cast to 1.2 or whatever it is KNOWING it has 50% chance to crit JUST from talent IS retarded, yet mages feel the need to go off getting PvE gear with even more haste, and don't say mages can't do jackshit while they're being nuked by a DK + Hunter or beastcleave or whatever that you're moaning about, because good RMP mages can work just fine under pressure, sadly all you need to get a kill is 1 good shatter with cheapshot > kidney, so It's not about how much haste or damage you pull off, enough with your shit already and open your eyes dickhead, your class is a total joke, otherwise It wouldn't be representing 70% "if not more" of RMP's playstyle etc.

#60 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

hej

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<