Photo

*Ponders* A way to fix mages in pvp :)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

I don't think that's what he meant, i.e. he was saying it was silly to say mage damage in full PvP gar is mediocre, if gaining the stats he listed from getting PvE gear suddenly makes it insane.

If its not what he meant fair enough, if it is and to all the other mages complaining.

OUR DAMAGE IS NOT BAD

Its really boring reading all these whine threads constantly, why is the Mage class full of people who cry endlessly about stuff which isnt even a problem?

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#222 Sindelle

Sindelle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

/agree

#223 Scoopness

Scoopness
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2326

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:26 PM

^^

#224 Celestior

Celestior
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

No its not, stop sucking.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say our damage was mediocre, if you read the thread you'd see that I've been arguing the entire time that our damage is fine. In this thread, Affix has been arguing that pvp geared mages have lackluster damage but pve geared mages are fine. I was arguing that if our damage is mediocre in pvp gear, the minimal stat boosts of roughly 100 spellpower and 150 haste would not represent any meaningful damage increase that would suddenly make it "fine."

r1 in wow and with the women

#225 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Or both? Really, a couple hundred resilience isn't going to meaningfully increase your survivability. If you're getting trained, you're either going to kite successfully or you're going to die. A little bit of resil isn't going to change the fact that you have the sturdiness of a wet napkin.

Yeah except the fact that 100 extra SP and 150 extra haste doesn't equate to any sort of necessity either but it has far less of an effect on damage done than 300 resil and hundreds of stam would have on survivability.

Also do you realize that you just agreed with me? You just said that mages rely on kiting and not soaking damage, meaning that resil isn't a very needed stat and you can afford to get more offensive stats from PVE gear. That's kinda the point.

#226 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah except the fact that 100 extra SP and 150 extra haste doesn't equate to any sort of necessity either but it has far less of an effect on damage done than 300 resil and hundreds of stam would have on survivability.

Also do you realize that you just agreed with me? You just said that mages rely on kiting and not soaking damage, meaning that resil isn't a very needed stat and you can afford to get more offensive stats from PVE gear. That's kinda the point.

Relying on kiting doesn't mean you don't get blown up when a Hunter+Destruction Lock (for example) shit on you.

#227 Tenchu

Tenchu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Flyn do you think mages should be given some kind of utility to deal with hunters? It seems most of our utility gets shit on by hunters -- anti melee (frost nova, shattered barrier, etc) and anti caster (cs, frost/fire ward, etc). Or do you think we should be pigeonholed into playing with other classes that cover up these weaknesses, rogues/priests (double dismantle on hunter BB style).

Honestly I dont mind the fact that our synergy is best with a rogue or a priest. Rogue is the class that I know best anyway, so it works out for me. But I feel for people like Affix that have been playing RMP forever and want other options(wiz cleave doesnt count lolgay and WMD isnt very strong).

Maybe there should be some kind of buff to warrior and mage synergy? Or even mage/hunter synergy, I've always wondered why hunters and mages dont synergize very well.

Yes, I realize mages are in a pretty decent spot right now and other classes or hybrids(lawl) have bigger issues. But this is the mage forums and I came here to discuss our issues. I'd like to see a balanced game and be able to do well with classes other than rogues and priests.

#228 Quitebad

Quitebad
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Jaedenar
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Frost armor affects ranged attacks plz :(

#229 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hunters don't synergize well with frost mages because you excel in the same areas. Play hunter/fire mage and it's hilarious kiting through frost trap with Blazing Speed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<